Istructions on how to do it are all over google, so i'm just c/p it here:
1. Connect USB that contains your custom background ( for my test, I use a background with 480 x 234 pixels)
2. enter setup mode by:
- holding both SRC+EJECT and while holding it press the RESET button
- wait for the screen that displays:
- Kenwood Image
- OEM image
3. Select OEM Image
4. Select the file that you wanted to be the start-up screen, hit ENTER
5. You will be back to the screen described in (2)
6. Turn OFF unit by holding SRC
7. Turn ON unit by pressing SRC
The unit should start up with your customized background
1 guy used 510x214 pic, other 480x234, i used 800x480 so it's up to u and pic u choose.
I photoshoped am image i got from either this or "other" forum since original had PIONEER on it and some "chain" looking thing which i didn't like.
there's also another chop my friend did, feel free to use both if u want.
Looks shitty on the pic but real nice in person. The only turn off is that dnx loads way to freacking quick to actually check start-up screen out haha. Now i kinda want pieneer's "forever to load" thing.
BTW - IF ANYONE WANTS TO MESS AROUND WITH PHOTOSHOP FOR EVEN BETTER PIC - PLEASE DO, I'M OPEN TO IDEAS.