LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 06-10-2009, 03:10 AM
08 3.5 SE

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Water in my door???????

So it rained a couple days ago. I drove my car the next two days hearing a swooshing sound coming from the passanger side. I thought it was a water bottle underneath my passenger seat. So I get out and open the passenger door.....SWOOSH... then i see water leaking from under my door. I lift up the rubber lining on the bottom and literallly a gallon of water pours out. There was a little "spout" type hole on the bottom of the door. Now this to me seems very abnormal and definitley should not happen. However all my doors do contain this hole on the bottom. My friends g37 has similar holes. After this i put a hose to the entire car showering all cracks and no water entered into the door.

I do not see how it could have gotten in. My friend was saying that if i didnt put my windows all the way up when it rained a couple days ago, it may have gotten in and the hole was for safety incase water goes in.

Well any thoughts guys?

Precision Grey 08 3.5 SE

Sport Package -- Moonroof, Spoiler, Fog Light

20% Tints all around
License plate LEDs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-10-2009, 03:44 AM

Here you go sir http://www.nissanclub.com/forums/new...oor-panel.html My drain holes were clogged just like one of the members said. I cleaned the gunk out so we'll see what happens next time it rains.
#3 Old 06-10-2009, 04:19 PM
08 3.5 SE

(Thread Starter)
oo ai yea so there are supposed to be drain holes on all cars i guess. I have window tints also. All my speakers and windows are functioning right. I cleared out the passenger side hole so it shouldnt happen again. Does this water just go in right from the bottom of the window?

Precision Grey 08 3.5 SE

20% Tints all around
License plate LEDs
#4 Old 06-10-2009, 05:42 PM
Altima SER/GTR/JDM/TURBO

the hole is there so that when water does enter the door its drains out of the bottom. those seasl around the bottom of your window on the door are not water tight. Ya know after u wash ur car and dry the windows, u roll them down and back up again and they are wet? so thats why the little hole is there to let that water drain through.

Last edited by 09 DSG SL; 06-10-2009 at 05:44 PM.
#5 Old 06-10-2009, 07:02 PM
08 3.5 SE

(Thread Starter)
kk thanks for all the help guys

Precision Grey 08 3.5 SE

20% Tints all around
License plate LEDs
#6 Old 06-11-2009, 02:12 AM

I put a set of Infinity Kappa speakers in my front doors. The speakers had a wired crossover. After spraying the car off at a car wash, I heard electronic crackling and my stereo fuse blew. I pulled the door panel off and found the cross over dripping with water. So, I ordered a set of waterproof speaker baffles. Fortunately, there didn't appear to be any permanent damage. That solved my issue but these doors seem to let in a lot of water. Even if my speakers didn't have the crossover, I wouldn't want them exposed to that much water.

Al Jones
'08 2.5SL/CVT, 365K & counting
'11 Silverado
'79 MGB
#7 Old 06-11-2009, 04:27 AM
08 3.5 SE

(Thread Starter)
yea when I "drained" my door atleast one or two gallons poured out, there was like a big puddle in the middle of a parking lot lol

Precision Grey 08 3.5 SE

20% Tints all around
License plate LEDs
#8 Old 06-11-2009, 12:29 PM

I have the same water problem in the front passenger door of my 08 altima. I also was looking for water bottles before figuring out it was in the door. This should be reported to Nissan so they can fix their defect.
#9 Old 06-11-2009, 02:03 PM

My dealer said it has to drain water and that is normal. If the vents are clogged, that is an issue. They said electronic components should not be installed without weatherproofing in that area. My Accord sure didn't let that volume of water in the door. Check those drain holes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by srabenst View Post
I have the same water problem in the front passenger door of my 08 altima. I also was looking for water bottles before figuring out it was in the door. This should be reported to Nissan so they can fix their defect.

Al Jones
'08 2.5SL/CVT, 365K & counting
'11 Silverado
'79 MGB
#10 Old 06-30-2009, 12:03 AM

i had water in my car today...it was the drivers side...and i could see the water marks where the 2 pillars meet...water was all over the carpet and door speaker...idk what todo..im bringing it in tomm..

09 Altima 2.5sl my new toy
red brick, black leather.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/320340...-nissan-altima

#11 Old 06-30-2009, 07:29 AM
08 3.5 SE

(Thread Starter)
yea u should def get that checked out. my prob was just a clogged drain hole any no water actually leaked into my interior

Precision Grey 08 3.5 SE

20% Tints all around
License plate LEDs
#12 Old 01-16-2011, 02:36 PM

I am currently having the same problem with my 2007 Altima 3.5 SE but it is compounded with freezing the door handle cable which has broken when trying to open the door. Im going to continue chasing after Nissan Canada. Even though I paid to get the cable fixed the water seems to be getting and the handle continues to freeze up. Rather embarrassing when passengers have to crawl over the drivers seat to get into the passenger side.
#13 Old 01-16-2011, 10:04 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxuuuxxx View Post
I am currently having the same problem with my 2007 Altima 3.5 SE but it is compounded with freezing the door handle cable which has broken when trying to open the door. Im going to continue chasing after Nissan Canada. Even though I paid to get the cable fixed the water seems to be getting and the handle continues to freeze up. Rather embarrassing when passengers have to crawl over the drivers seat to get into the passenger side.
you could open the door for them from the inside, or just roll down the window and have them go in dukes of hazzard style.

seriously though, you should get it looked at. A body shop would probably be better than a repair shop as they probably understand how that works better. you can always try to go back and get Nissan to pay for it. but even if they wont, I wouldn't want water getting in my door to the point where it could do some serious damage. widow motors, door locks come to mind. even aside from that, last thing you need is your doors rusting from the inside out 5 or 10 years down the road.

1998 nissan 200sx se (daily driver)
2007 nissan altima 2.5s cvt (wife/family car)
2012 chevy camaro (weekend toy)

Last edited by jd10013; 01-16-2011 at 10:06 PM.
#14 Old 01-17-2011, 12:04 AM

Alot of vehicles on the road start rusting first at the bottom of the doors, where the weather stripping/drain holes are.
My 2007 2.5S is sprayed with dripless oil undercoating inside of my doors "windows up" as well as the bottom of the doors under the weather stripping.
I can live with the water passing through the doors, but I hate rust!

2007 Altima 2.5S
OEM spoiler
Rust proofed
Pioneer deck/satelliteradio
aluminum kick plates
245/45 R18 Kumho's on 3rd Gen Maximum 18"s
Two baby seats
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Nissan - Infiniti Enthusiast Forums > NISSAN ALTIMA FORUMS > 2007-2012 Nissan Altima Forums > 2007-2012 Nissan Altima Discussion (2.5 & 3.5)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

<

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode