Door Lock Sound - Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 06-14-2009, 03:04 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Door Lock Sound

As far as I know, the Altima has 2 modes to confirm that the doors are locked when you press the lock button on the keyfob or the door handle.

1. Turn signal lights flash silently
2. Turn signal lights flash with horn and "digital" beeps

Is there a mode where the lights flash with the "digital" beeps, but no horn? I'm kind of perplexed why the horn and "digital" beep happens, as the horn kind of drowns the "digital" beep and makes it unnecessary.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-14-2009, 03:07 AM

you can turn off horn, someone else will have to explain how as i forgot. also might be in the manual but i'm not 100% sure.

2007 infiniti fx35, 2008 mercury mariner hybrid
nissan factory shop manuals
#3 Old 06-14-2009, 03:09 AM

(Thread Starter)
All I know if that pressing the unlock and lock buttons on the keyfob switches between the modes in my first post.

If the horn can be turned off, I'd love to know how!
#4 Old 06-14-2009, 08:51 AM

In the owners manual, it states how to disable the horn when locking the car from the keyfob (hold unlock and lock for 2+ seconds). However, disabling the horn also seems to disable the soft beep sound when unlocking/locking from the door handle.

Is there any way to disable the horn while retaining the soft beep sound?
#5 Old 06-14-2009, 09:52 AM
Forty-something MPG

Been looking and asking around for a while, and the responses I get are about the same as I would if I asked in Japanese. I get annoyed with using the lock button on my remote, and everyone looks around to see who's driving the American rental car.

. : The Rupp : .

.: 2007 3.5SE :: Precision Grey :: Sport Package :: CVT :: Höen Xenonmatch Plus Low Beams :. - Traded for:

.: 2008 3.5SE :: Dark Slate :: Premium Package :: CVT :: Garmin nüvi 350 Hardwire :: 20% Tint All Around :. - Gone

.: 2006 BMW 330i :: Sparkling Graphite :: Premium Package :: Sport Package :: 6MT :. - Sold

.: 2010 Scion tC :: Flint Mica :. - Sold

.: 2012 Chevrolet Cruze Eco :: 6MT :. - Awaiting more LED's

LED: LED Thread :: Footwells & Cupholder :.
#6 Old 06-14-2009, 09:57 AM
I know Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRupp View Post
I get annoyed with using the lock button on my remote, and everyone looks around to see who's driving the American rental car.
yup! and if i come home late...it lets everyone know that im leaving my car for the night. gives me anxiety leaving my baby alone all night.

08 Sedan 2.5 MT for Audio Competitions. {sell me your aftermarket exhaust, headlights, or other performance parts for this car}
08 Coupe 3.5 MT for Daily Driving. {sell me your AEM intake (found), hood lifts(found), racingline y pipe(found), racingline traction rods, or racingline short shifter (found) for this car}
07 Yamaha R6S for fun
#7 Old 06-14-2009, 12:33 PM
A bit old and irritable

My horn doesn't honk, when I switch between silent and not-silent locking I lose or gain the beeps only. I think it's been that way since I got the car. I never turn the sound on anyway as even the soft beeps are kind of annoying.

2008 Altima 2.5S CVT | Precision Gray | 46K miles
Audio Build Log
#8 Old 06-14-2009, 01:17 PM

i like the horn feature with lock button. often times helps me find the car in huge parking lots. i just walk towars aproximate location of the car and click lock button, horn lets me know exactly where it's at.

2007 infiniti fx35, 2008 mercury mariner hybrid
nissan factory shop manuals
#9 Old 06-14-2009, 03:15 PM
Altima SER/GTR/JDM/TURBO

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeene View Post
i like the horn feature with lock button. often times helps me find the car in huge parking lots. i just walk towars aproximate location of the car and click lock button, horn lets me know exactly where it's at.
probably cause there are so many altimas that you arent sure which one is yours??? hahaha ever since I got mine I did not realize that I see about 100 altimas a day. I thought the honda civic I had a few years ago was a me-too car. My last truck was a colorado extreme and they are really not that many extremes on the road so Im not used to driving the same car as everyone else.
#10 Old 06-14-2009, 03:36 PM

There is a solution here:
KP Technologies

But I don't think you would want to spend $40 for this feature.

2008 Super Black 2.5SL Altima Sedan
15% Tint, Projector Headlights, OEM Foglights, Interior & License Plate LEDs, Footwell LEDs, 3.5 Side Mirrors, Bullydog Backup Sensor, Spoiler, Redout Tail Lights, Clear Bra, Weathertech Mats, Aluminium Kick Plates, Dynamat/B-Quiet, iPod Interface, SBD Grounding Kit

#11 Old 06-14-2009, 04:21 PM

why don't you guys just lock the door from the inside and just close the door (if you don't want to make a sound)
#12 Old 06-14-2009, 05:05 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
There's 2 horns under the driver's side headlight. When i disconnected both of them my car locked in 100% silence. Also, my "driving" honk was gone. Keep in mind i had BOTH of them disconnected. Maybe one is for lock horn and other is for driving horn????
Next time u have your bumper removed try disconnecting one and then other to see if my assumption is correct. If so, then it's an easy solution - just remove/disconnect of the these horns.

#13 Old 06-15-2009, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidster View Post
As far as I know, the Altima has 2 modes to confirm that the doors are locked when you press the lock button on the keyfob or the door handle.

1. Turn signal lights flash silently
2. Turn signal lights flash with horn and "digital" beeps

Is there a mode where the lights flash with the "digital" beeps, but no horn? I'm kind of perplexed why the horn and "digital" beep happens, as the horn kind of drowns the "digital" beep and makes it unnecessary.
Unless something's different about my Altima...if I lock with the door handle, it does the lights flash and digital beeping, but no horn. Keyfob does horn and flash, but no digital beeping.
#14 Old 06-15-2009, 03:33 AM

here's a easier way for you if you dont want to hear door lock sound when you press the key fob...just disconnect your power for like a minute, and then connect it again, and you won't have the door lock sound anymore, until you press and hold the lock & unlock key at the same time for a few seconds.
#15 Old 06-15-2009, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReVeLaTeD View Post
Unless something's different about my Altima...if I lock with the door handle, it does the lights flash and digital beeping, but no horn. Keyfob does horn and flash, but no digital beeping.
That's how mine does it. That's the stock behavior..

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshyth View Post
here's a easier way for you if you dont want to hear door lock sound when you press the key fob...just disconnect your power for like a minute, and then connect it again, and you won't have the door lock sound anymore, until you press and hold the lock & unlock key at the same time for a few seconds.
I dont think that works.. Mine never stopped making that honk/beep sounds when I disconnected my battery.. I lost auto-up windows, clock, and trip computer maintenance settings, but not the horn/beeps..

From the sound of it, I think both the horns work for the horn when you lock the car.. But even if just one worked for the lock, and were to be disconnected, the horn is only half effective if you ever need to honk.. I think any less sound on these horns is ineffective on non-local roads..

'08 Altima 3.5 SE
Just love it !

Mods - All LEDs except turns and glove box, Redline Tuning hood struts, 6000k lows, 5000k fogs, Footwell lighting, 20% Solargard all around, Michelin Primacy MXV4 All-season (Stocks ran for 36k miles with 3/32" still left on them)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Nissan - Infiniti Enthusiast Forums > NISSAN ALTIMA FORUMS > 2007-2012 Nissan Altima Forums > 2007-2012 Nissan Altima Discussion (2.5 & 3.5)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

<

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode