How Do I Manually Install Names & Numbers on Vehicle Phone Book? - Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 08-02-2010, 06:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
How Do I Manually Install Names & Numbers on Vehicle Phone Book?

So far, no help from manual or dealer. 2010 Altima SL, Premium Audio. Won't auto upload phone book. How do I manually upload my phone's phone book to vehicle's phone book?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-03-2010, 12:42 AM

do you have the nav screen or no . it was easy on the 08 with the nav screen. your best bet is to really read the manual . its a little vague but with some trial and error you'll get it

my cars... the 73 all stock R/S Z28 and the 01 Z28.. and the 08 3.5 SL with every available option ...
#3 Old 08-04-2010, 07:24 PM

(Thread Starter)
Thanks for the effort. No, as I said in my original post, I have the Premium Audio Package. I did read the manual carefully, and I always get to the part where the system says, "initiate transfer from handset." There's no way to "initiate transfer from handset."
#4 Old 08-04-2010, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterAltima View Post
So far, no help from manual or dealer. 2010 Altima SL, Premium Audio. Won't auto upload phone book. How do I manually upload my phone's phone book to vehicle's phone book?
to my knowledge you can't upload your phone book directly. You have to enter each number directly by voice and give it a certain name. Then just press the bluetooth button and say "call XXX" and it will dial the person.

ps I have an 08, so this might not apply to the '10's
#5 Old 08-04-2010, 10:07 PM

(Thread Starter)
Must be different in 08 and 10. Had no problem entering names and numbers on my 07 Maxima, but this is a completely different system. I can make outgoing calls by saying "call," then saying "phone number," then by saying the number.

Salesman says you're supposed to be able to input names and numbers into the VEHICLE's phonebook manually, but he doesn't know how it's done. Instructions in the manual don't work as they're written.

I e-mailed Nissan support and haven't received a reply...that was about a week ago.

I guess I'm just screwed until I get a new phone in 6 months, assuming that I'm willing to get one of the few phones that actually work with my Altima's Bluetooth. It's supposed to automatically upload my phone's phonebook; phone supports such uploads. It's also supposed to offer a method for uploading individual listings from my handset to the VEHICLE's phonebook manually, but it doesn't do that either.

System tells me to "initiate transfer from handset." There's no way to initiate a transfer from the handset.
#6 Old 08-05-2010, 02:04 AM

(Thread Starter)
I'm kind of surprised that nobody on this forum has any idea how to help me solve my problem. Got nowhere with Google. Maybe somebody'll come up with the answer in a few days.

On-the-other-hand, I suppose, if I were trying to build a "ricer", I'd have a hundred responses by now!
#7 Old 08-05-2010, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterAltima View Post
I'm kind of surprised that nobody on this forum has any idea how to help me solve my problem. Got nowhere with Google. Maybe somebody'll come up with the answer in a few days.

On-the-other-hand, I suppose, if I were trying to build a "ricer", I'd have a hundred responses by now!
yea..not going to get much help with that attitude.
#8 Old 08-05-2010, 06:44 PM

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustafa View Post
yea..not going to get much help with that attitude.
Certainly didn't mean to step on any toes, ergo, the smiley face. Just frustrated that the system doesn't work as the manual says it should and that I'm not able to get any help either here or from Nissan or the dealer.
#9 Old 08-06-2010, 02:08 AM

heres a wild idea , maybe you cant with just the "preimimum audio package" . you need the tech package with navi screen. im looking in my 08 manual and i cant find anything about "downloading phonebook" without the nav system. here are the only 2 mentions of "downloading phonebook" in the 08 manual and there in the "with navi" section.

my cars... the 73 all stock R/S Z28 and the 01 Z28.. and the 08 3.5 SL with every available option ...
#10 Old 08-06-2010, 12:58 PM

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by twozs View Post
heres a wild idea , maybe you cant with just the "preimimum audio package" . you need the tech package with navi screen. im looking in my 08 manual and i cant find anything about "downloading phonebook" without the nav system. here are the only 2 mentions of "downloading phonebook" in the 08 manual and there in the "with navi" section.
Yeah, that's a pretty wild idea. The 2010 Premium Audio system does automatically upload the phone's phone book, but just not with my phone. The 2010 Altima manual does say that the Premium Audio System does automatically upload phone books.

If anybody here who actually owns a 2010 Altima with the Premium Audio System and has figured out how to manually input phone numbers and names, I'd appreciate being edified.
#11 Old 08-06-2010, 07:30 PM

(Thread Starter)
Problem solved! I'm a lot happier now. Finally figured out that I had to use the "send name card" feature of my phone. It's not quite as simple as that, but it turned out to be fairly intuitive after I started the "send name card" process. Will store 40 names and numbers.

When automatically uploading (which it won't do with my phone), it'll hold 1000 names and numbers.

Thanks for the efforts!
#12 Old 08-08-2010, 02:31 PM

(Thread Starter)
Another tip: I had to go back, one-at-a-time, and record name tags in my own voice, in order for the system to make calls by name. Tedious, but all is well and working fine now.
#13 Old 10-05-2010, 01:30 PM
Go Hard or Go Home

okay i have a 2010 with the bose unit and got er figured out last night. First off the car cannot be moving. I tried uploading names at stop lights and it became a real pain in the ass bc it would cancel the operation the minute the car even started rolling.

Step 1: Press the answer button on your steering wheel twice so you hear the beep then say "Phonebook transfer entrty"

The car will then disconnect your phone and wait patiently for you to send a contact. You can only do one contact at a time.

Step 2: Open your phone book and find the name you wish to send. Go to options in your phone, then send, then send business card.

Step 3: Select bluetooth as the sending method from your phone.

magic your done. now do this for 39 more entries and your finished. I did not have to add vocie tags in my phone for the recognition to work. One the entries are transfered the car reads them out loud and if you say it back the same way it will dial the number. Or there is also the option to record a new name for that number. So for examply if the car says "teeeeeeen" instead of "tina" you can record the name as asshole and it will dial tiina when you say asshole.

cheers
#14 Old 10-05-2010, 01:31 PM
Go Hard or Go Home

btw i am using a nokia e71
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Nissan - Infiniti Enthusiast Forums > NISSAN ALTIMA FORUMS > 2007-2012 Nissan Altima Forums > 2007-2012 Nissan Altima Discussion (2.5 & 3.5)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

<

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode