Factory Remote Start?? Please Help - Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 11-12-2010, 10:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Factory Remote Start?? Please Help

Ok, so on occasion since I bought my 07 Altima I have gone to get in my car and it has been running...

The first few times it happened I thought that I must have accidentally gotten out of the car last while it was on and had never shut it down. Although I was totally freaked out, it seems like an easy enough mistake to happen with a push button start car right, so I never thought to much about it...

Well today it happened again, but this time I KNOW i turned it off. I had gotten out at a park and was testing the range of my key remote and had hit the lock button several times, 10 min later when I returned to a running car something occurred to me.

Got home later tonight and turned the car off in my drive way, Got Out, stood at the bottom of the driveway and hit the Lock Button 3 times in a row.... Car Started... I was Shocked! I had no idea the factory remote was able to do this!

After searching my manual and online I cannot find anywhere that this is a NORMAL Feature for the car??!! Am I missing something here? Is this Normal? Please help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-12-2010, 10:18 PM

lol ill try this later if this is true then DDD
#3 Old 11-12-2010, 10:21 PM

but i would doubt it lol
#4 Old 11-12-2010, 10:34 PM

(Thread Starter)
[QUOTE=nas1r;4051946]but i would doubt it lol[/QUOTE

So would I be correct in assuming this is not a standard feature then LOL
#5 Old 11-13-2010, 01:16 AM
Common sense advocate

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE5HIGH View Post
So would I be correct in assuming this is not a standard feature then LOL
No this is not a standard feature. If your car is truly starting as you say it is, it must have some sort of aftermarket remote start add on. No other explanation.
#6 Old 11-13-2010, 02:47 AM

(Thread Starter)
I normally would agree with you on that... However, I really do not belive that anything aftermarket was added to the car. It only had 1 previous owner and she was an older lady that barley drove the car. Also, ive been doing car multimedia for many years and can always tell of aftermarket tampering. Im careful to only purchase cars that are never tampered with electronic or otherwise...

This being said, my guess would be that some models came equipped with remote start from factory, or im having an unusual computer malfunction.

Either way, I guess its kinda cool...

Last edited by ACE5HIGH; 11-13-2010 at 06:33 PM.
#7 Old 11-13-2010, 02:58 AM

(Thread Starter)
This is crazy, I seriously cant be the ONLY one this has happened to, it just doesnt make sense!

Do my a favor those reading this who have Altima's Post 2007. Try this and please tell me who this works for?!

It doesnt have to be a fast push of the lock button, just like a 1..2..3.. tempo

Someones Car must start... I cant be the only one!
#8 Old 11-13-2010, 03:15 AM
'07 Altima 3.5SE

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE5HIGH View Post
This is crazy, I seriously cant be the ONLY one this has happened to, it just doesnt make sense!

Do my a favor those reading this who have Altima's Post 2007. Try this and please tell me who this works for?!

It doesnt have to be a fast push of the lock button, just like a 1..2..3.. tempo

Someones Car must start... I cant be the only one!
Mine doesnt. I pressed it like 10 times in a row once to make the horn honk like crazy because I was pretending it was talking...
Ya I'm weird.
I'll play with it tomorrow and see if I can make it start... I enjoy discovering new things about my car
#9 Old 11-13-2010, 04:33 AM
Common sense advocate

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Maybe if I push the buttons on my remote enough times, my car will become rear-wheel drive.
#10 Old 11-13-2010, 10:55 AM

yeah this is a factory remote start i had this installed the way you could find out is check the fuse box under hood youll see they tapped into extra wires also check the pillar u should wee some wires running up with dei antenna. to start would be double tapping the lock and the same to turn off with factory remote
#11 Old 11-13-2010, 06:25 PM

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfeater View Post
yeah this is a factory remote start i had this installed the way you could find out is check the fuse box under hood youll see they tapped into extra wires also check the pillar u should wee some wires running up with dei antenna. to start would be double tapping the lock and the same to turn off with factory remote
I knew I wasnt going crazy! Thanks for this info!

Do you know if there's any other features i should know about?

Last edited by ACE5HIGH; 11-13-2010 at 06:38 PM.
#12 Old 11-13-2010, 06:44 PM

(Thread Starter)
I just tried this and it isnt starting now?

Does that car have to have been running recently before this will work? because it only seems to work after I have been driving a bit and get out...
#13 Old 11-13-2010, 07:00 PM

no it should like a regular after market remote unless theres a problem with your car and its wiring i found the wiring from installing my audio system. cause i didnt see any signs either even i asked for it when i got the car
#14 Old 11-13-2010, 08:58 PM

(Thread Starter)
The rabbit hole goes deeper...

Oh boy... this continues to get weirder.

I just ran a series of more tests. Hear is what I discovered.

The car definitely does start (if fully locked) with 3 quick pushes of the lock button. The car then does also turn off with 4 quick pushes on the Lock button.

However, its not that easy. The car also during this testing would randomly start and shut off with me pressing ANYTHING!

At one point after pressing a series of buttons (was trying to figure out the shutoff) the turn signals started to flash every 5 seconds. After getting in the car (while running) a "clicking" noise was also coming from near the steering column ever few seconds. After manually shutting it down inside the cabin, and getting out, the car started by itself about 20 seconds after shut down. So Again, I got inside the car (keys in pocket) turned it off manually and got out. While keys were still in my pocket the car would start again on its own... I COULDNT STOP IT!

So again I tried pushing all buttons trying to stop whatever the hell it was doing! Eventually the turn signals did stop flashing, after this, It did shut down for good. After a bit of being off, I popped the hood to look for any unusual wiring. As I looked around under the hod a bit and just started to remove the fuse cover the car started again! as if to say "What do you think YOUR doing"!! This time Keys were on the workbench behind me!

Again I got in the car and shut it down manually (at this point not wanting to use the remote at all) and closed everything up. I haven't heard it start back up again in the garage yet but wouldn't be surprised if it did...

Im seriously concerned at this point about the car randomly starting up in the garage in the middle of the night...

Ive had it! im going to take my demon car to the nissan dealer this week!

Last edited by ACE5HIGH; 11-13-2010 at 09:00 PM.
#15 Old 11-13-2010, 09:13 PM

like in that movie christine.
since the car had previous owner it's possible she could have had remote start installed by dealership. now with all the on/off problems it sounds like there is an electrical problem with remote starter.

2007 infiniti fx35, 2008 mercury mariner hybrid
nissan factory shop manuals
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Nissan - Infiniti Enthusiast Forums > NISSAN ALTIMA FORUMS > 2007-2012 Nissan Altima Forums > 2007-2012 Nissan Altima Discussion (2.5 & 3.5)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

<

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode