Clicking noise PLEASE HELP - Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2011, 06:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Clicking noise PLEASE HELP

Ok so my issue is when I let go of the brakes and start to accelerate, there is a clicking noise from the drivers side. It only does it once i let go of the brakes and accelerate. Anyone know what it could be?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2011, 03:51 PM

does it do it all the time ?

2007 Nissan Altima 3.5 Se
- Dark Slate
- Sports Package
- 6 Speed
- DDM Tuning 3K Fogs

Best 1/4 : 14.504@ 97.67mph
Old 09-28-2011, 08:46 PM

Only on stop and go
Old 09-29-2011, 02:42 PM

Every time the car is started the first time it hits about 10 mph there will be a thud or clunk from somewhere in the engine bay. This occurs only once per trip and is a normal part of the ABS system checking itself. There's a thread on it. If that's what you're experiencing, don't worry about it I feel it through the pedal as well...

2011 Altima 3.5 SR

PM me if you've also noticed misbehavior in the trip MPG rating and aren't afraid to admit it! http://www.nissanclub.com/forums/200...ng-altima.html

Last count: 3, including me, have noticed this misbehavior.
Old 09-29-2011, 11:46 PM

It clicks every time I drive and does it constant when I stop and go. It is loud. I was driving 2 cars behind mine and could hear it.
Old 09-30-2011, 12:05 AM
07VQ356MT

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Does the clicking sound get louder the faster you go? Does it get louder when you are taking a turn or is it constant going straight or taking a turn? Clicking sounds like a CV axle, which is pretty easy to replace. You can get a reman'd unit for about $80.00 from O'Reilly Auto Parts List: CV Half Shaft / Axle Shaft - 2007 Nissan Altima | O'Reilly Auto Parts

How many miles do you have on your car?

Power Acoustik PNX-761, Alpine Type R 6.5" Comps, JBL P963 6x9, Kicker CVX124 in 1.8 cu/ft vented box tuned at 36Hz, Hifonics BRX1200.1D, JBL GTO1004, 1/0 power/ground wire, XSPower D5100 battery, Redline MT-85, K&N Intake, RL Traction Rods, BC Racing Coilovers, RL RSB, RL Endlinks, RL Y-Pipe, 2.5" Lou's Custom Catback, Power Stop Crossed drilled/slotted rotors, SS lines, DOT 4 fluid, debadged
Old 09-30-2011, 04:02 PM

I have a clicking sound on mine and I thought it was the CV axle but someone told me since I have aftermarket rims on my car its more likely the cotter pin. Havent had any time to take off the rim to check but it would click only when I accelerate. If im slowing down it doesnt click, but when I accelerate you can hear the click, click, click, and then it stops after the car picks up speed. But its not as loud as you described.

2007 Altima 2.5s
-22x9" Fusion Nitro Diamond Cut Black
-235/30/22 BS Tire
-7" Double Din JVC
-5% Tint All Around
-6000K Umnitza 55W H11 HID Kit
-DEPO LED Taillights
Old 09-30-2011, 09:53 PM

I would try greasing the ends of the cv axles where they meet with the spindle. That's what it sounds like it could be to me.
Old 10-01-2011, 02:16 AM
07VQ356MT

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirza View Post
I have a clicking sound on mine and I thought it was the CV axle but someone told me since I have aftermarket rims on my car its more likely the cotter pin. Havent had any time to take off the rim to check but it would click only when I accelerate. If im slowing down it doesnt click, but when I accelerate you can hear the click, click, click, and then it stops after the car picks up speed. But its not as loud as you described.

Cotter pin? What cotter pin the lower ball joint cotter pin? There is no cotter pin that should be hitting the inside of your rim, you'd see it anyways. Clicking sounds are almost always CV's. I'd just replace the axle. It's pretty easy and not very expensive. Also if gone unchecked and it snaps you could do a lot damage or get into an accident.

You could always bring it to a shop and have them check it out with a mechanics stethoscope. That'll ID the issue for you quickly.

Power Acoustik PNX-761, Alpine Type R 6.5" Comps, JBL P963 6x9, Kicker CVX124 in 1.8 cu/ft vented box tuned at 36Hz, Hifonics BRX1200.1D, JBL GTO1004, 1/0 power/ground wire, XSPower D5100 battery, Redline MT-85, K&N Intake, RL Traction Rods, BC Racing Coilovers, RL RSB, RL Endlinks, RL Y-Pipe, 2.5" Lou's Custom Catback, Power Stop Crossed drilled/slotted rotors, SS lines, DOT 4 fluid, debadged
Old 10-08-2011, 11:51 PM

I just had a "ticking" or "clicking" noise resolved on my new '11 Coupe SR. The noise came from the driver's side front wheel. The tick would occur as the wheel made revolutions (i.e. longer intervals at slower speeds and shorter intervals at higher speeds). I could hear it clearly under 20 mph and when driving past enclosed areas. It sounded very similar to rock being stuck in the tread.

I took the advice of what some others said on this forum and told the dealership about the cotter pin which holds the center bolt on the hub assembly (behind the wheel). Sure enough, the tech found that the cotter pin was "loose" so he tightened it by bending the prongs and that resolved the issue.

I urge anyone who hears a "ticking" sound that matches the revolutions of the wheel to check out the cotter pin and see if it is loose. I heard a bad cv joint will make a "click" when turning, but not so much when just driving straight. There are at least 3 others who have had the same issue with their cotter pin "ticking".
Old 10-15-2011, 11:14 PM

i have that same problem, when i stop at a light or stop sign, there is a small click sound when i pull off..it's pretty annoying. reading these posts im relieved, i thought it was the cvt..

4500k Xenons... 20% tint all round... CVT F'N rocks...
Old 10-16-2011, 01:41 AM

That happened to my car one month ago, and I thought that it was the CV joint but not I was wrong actually the problem was a motor mount.

Take out the black cover that is over the engine and check the motor mounts.
Have someone on the car and do this, put it in reverse and without pressing the brake put it back in D and then R, Do it like that, so that way you can be outside the car with the hoop open hearing from where the noise is coming, your friend can help you or your wife.

That is exactly what I did in the dealer because in dealer they where saying that it was impossible to find from where the noise was coming so, I did that and thanks for that now my car is fixed and running with all brand new motor mounts

Don't look at my grammar, English is my second language.
Old 10-20-2011, 05:47 AM

Update. It was my left arm link. I had it replaced yesterday and the clicking went away.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Nissan - Infiniti Enthusiast Forums > NISSAN ALTIMA FORUMS > 2007-2012 Nissan Altima Forums > 2007-2012 Nissan Altima Discussion (2.5 & 3.5)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

<

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode