LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#31 Old 01-24-2012, 01:19 AM
June '12 NOTM winner

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekg1023 View Post
+1 I never said anything about "charging" a battery......
Lol sorry man. I was on my iphone and must have miss read, you said "changing" not "charging" lol.. my bad

-=>>Black Nissan Alti. 3.5SE <<=-
My Quad Retrofit!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 01-25-2012, 03:04 AM
Silver 2010 SL

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello,
Mine is also low and every once and awhile the low gauge on the dash shows a lower amount of battery between the F and E display of the battery on the dash screen.
They are not cheap at the dealership, but its a simple 2032 watch battery. It cost me just under $3.00 for two Duracell's at Cvs. So its not a big deal to change. You just have to take the door key out of the fob and then separate the fob and then switch them out. Very easy.
I have not changed mine yet, just got the battery, but took it apart to find out what it was like inside and to find out the battery type.

If your battery ever does die in your fob, I guess everyone knows you can insert it in the fob holder under the dash to start the car only, it won't charge the fob battery though. I think everyone knows that though.

Just thought I would insert my experience and what I found out about the battery.
K
#33 Old 01-25-2012, 06:48 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Cool

Guys i have a question. Im new to Nissan and I own a 2010 Altima 2.5s. Love the car by the way what I wanted to know is; i received 2 fobs when I bought my car. I kept one aside as emergency and I dont use it. So is it fine if I remove the battery from that fob to prevent drainage or spoiling inside the fob? Will this affect any code that the fob has to lock/unlock the car?
#34 Old 01-25-2012, 07:02 AM
In Soviet Canuckistan

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nissanowner250 View Post
Guys i have a question. Im new to Nissan and I own a 2010 Altima 2.5s. Love the car by the way what I wanted to know is; i received 2 fobs when I bought my car. I kept one aside as emergency and I dont use it. So is it fine if I remove the battery from that fob to prevent drainage or spoiling inside the fob? Will this affect any code that the fob has to lock/unlock the car?
I'd say leave it in there. Ideally (and theoretically), that particular battery (CR2032) lasts between 2-4 years under normal operating conditions. Since it's not going to be in use that often, it should be fine. That does not mean it's NOT going to drain, but it's nice to have a "loaded" back up with the battery in it, so that even if your primary fob runs out of battery completely in say, 4 years down the road, and you use your spare one, chances are your back up is mid-to-low bat as well, because of drainage over time. That, in itself, makes a great incentive to replace BOTH batteries in both key fobs at the same time.

The car will let you know if you need to replace the batteries, even though we said in this topic that the computer system thinks a bit too early on key fob battery replacement.

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 S Super Black
Semi-bare bone stock!!

Mod Wish list:
Nismo Aero Kit
K&N Air Intake mod
Stillen Cat-back Exhaust

Installed:
OEM Fog Lamps
OEM 18" x 7.5" Altima Coupe Alloy Wheels
Racingline Strut Tower Brace
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Nissan - Infiniti Enthusiast Forums > NISSAN ALTIMA FORUMS > 2007-2012 Nissan Altima Forums > 2007-2012 Nissan Altima Discussion (2.5 & 3.5)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

<

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode