The Nissan Club banner

Coolant Fluid past max line?

19K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  infamous95 
#1 ·
Hey guys. Quick question. I went to my local stealership for my last few oil changes because they gave me a gift card for their crummy services one time a few months back. Anyhow, I actually looked under my hood today and noticed my coolant liquid level is wayyy above the MAX line. I also noticed around the top of the housing for it around the cap there was a bunch of dried green coolant around it.

I was wondering if this was bad to have it way passed the max line? I didn't touch it at all and it must have been Nissan 'topping' me off... just worried that this is some sort of sabotage for future services...

Please advise! thanks.

#3 ·
Why worry about it when you can take a syringe and suck it down? Now if it keeps over filling then you may have excessive pressure building up inside the radiator which could mean a head gasket problem. But most likely the dumb lube tech overfilled it. If it concerns you then drain it down. No biggie.

An overfilled coolant reservoir cannot hurt your car or any other vehicle in that matter.

#4 ·
When the car is stone cold, the fluid level should be somewhere between the 2 lines according to the manual. My 02 was supposed to be to the top when cold of full line.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.