Do I have a USB port?? - Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

NissanClub.com is the premier Nissan Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2012, 01:34 PM

Question Do I have a USB port??

Hi guys

I've got a noob question. well sorta. I have a 2010 Altima 2.5s but not the base model. Its a middle trim sort of according to the dealer coz I've got bluetooth and audio controls on mine. The thing is I dont know exactly if I have a USB port in my car. The sound system is not BOSE so it does not read MP3 cds. I checked under the center compartment and I see this black squarish cap like thing. The manual says if I got a USB port it should be right there. But I tried to pry it off to no avail. I cannot even slip a fingernail between the square thing and the compartment floor. So Im wondering if this is just a piece of plastic there or is there a USB underneath

Did anybody else encounter a similar issue? And if I can use bluetooth function to make and receive calls why can't I play music via bluetooth from my mobile phone? Any ideas guys?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2012, 02:37 PM

You don't have a USB port and under that black cap is a 12volt. And you don't need to pry it off just lift it from the bottom

Old 01-08-2012, 03:44 PM
Forty-something MPG

You most likely have the 2.5S with the convenience package, by the way. IIRC it comes with alloy wheels, automatic headlights, and possibly even alloy wheels, among other things.

.: 2007 3.5SE :: Precision Grey :: Sport Package :: CVT :: Höen Xenonmatch Plus Low Beams :. - Traded for:

.: 2008 3.5SE :: Dark Slate :: Premium Package :: CVT :: Garmin nüvi 350 Hardwire :: 20% Tint All Around :. - Gone

.: 2006 BMW 330i :: Sparkling Graphite :: Premium Package :: Sport Package :: 6MT :. - Sold

.: 2010 Scion tC :: Flint Mica :. - Sold

.: 2012 Chevrolet Cruze Eco :: 6MT :. - Awaiting more LED's

LED: LED Thread :: Footwells & Cupholder :.
Old 01-08-2012, 04:14 PM
04-05 Pedal Insert

Ok, this may be a stupid question...But, can I use the USB in the car on my phone? My charger has the wall plug with the USB port that goes into it......Or does that plug have to be on there for some type of volt regulation
*12 3.5 SR w/Tractor Transmission
*12 Quest SL
Old 01-08-2012, 04:27 PM
Forty-something MPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild willy View Post
Ok, this may be a stupid question...But, can I use the USB in the car on my phone? My charger has the wall plug with the USB port that goes into it......Or does that plug have to be on there for some type of volt regulation
I don't see why not. Car charger would probably be better, however. I think the focus of the USB port in the car is for audio, and a light charge is just kind of an added bonus.
Old 01-08-2012, 04:46 PM
*Donating Member* Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild willy View Post
I have an HTC Rezound. If I plug in into the USB port in the Altima, it indicates it is charging. However, even if I set the phone connection type to "Disk Drive" the message on the car system still says to check the device. The Cruze I traded in for the Altima would read files off the phone if is was set up as a disk drive.

2012 370Z (The Weekend Car)
2012 Altima 2.5 SL (Daily driver)
1965 Chevy C10 Stepside
Old 01-09-2012, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xnick101 View Post
You don't have a USB port and under that black cap is a 12volt. And you don't need to pry it off just lift it from the bottom
I tried every possible thing but it will not budge. Looks like its glued in there or something. About the 12v output well its to side of it and its an open hatch. So the cap is not a 12v output. Still its not even a USB port \

Anyways thanks for the replies guys. Was hoping to play music via my phone or ipod but no joy there I suppose. Could not find anything about bluetooth music play as well. Only got a AUX button with input. So I guess thats the only way to play songs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Nissan - Infiniti Enthusiast Forums > NISSAN ALTIMA FORUMS > 2007-2012 Nissan Altima Forums > 2007-2012 Nissan Altima Discussion (2.5 & 3.5)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.