FIRST 2.5 4th gen w/ racing line springs *pic heavy* - Page 2 - Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

NissanClub.com is the premier Nissan Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2012, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubya View Post
Not much other than price. Eibach advertises 1 - 1.5" drop front and something similar for rear vs RL 1.6" front and ~1" rear.
If you have a lot weight in the back, would it be best to go with RL since it doesn't lower the back by much?

Black 2011 Altima 3.5SR -Prem & Sport Pkgs

MODS: 17'' MB Five X wheels, Red Tinted Taillights, 6k door lights and 5k license plate lights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2012, 02:42 AM

what do you mean by a "lot of weight"?

2009 Altima coupe 2.5 6spd; my babe!

Amsoil synthetics, LED lights, illuminated kickplates, WC Lathewerks shift knob, Racing Line STS/TB kit/strut bar/RSB/ front & rear end links/ first 4th gen 2.5 with racing Line springs, first 4th gen to swap 7th gen maxima brakes (on 16" wheels).
-Plans for now/future:restored old school wheels in progress/ quad projector retrofit in progress.

Best 1/4 mile; 15.598@88.3MPH factory stock to the tires.

DD/work ride; 2000 Nissan Xterra 4WD V6 5spd
-Damn thing has a taste for blood and all my time, bringing him back to life= taking my money
Old 03-12-2012, 02:56 AM

Well I guess not a lot of weight. But bowling bags occasionally, luggage etc. Just thinking long term in case I have a lot of stuff in the trunk or in the back seat that will weigh the back down. Moving probably in the next year or so...Ill probably have a lot of stuff in the trunk...
Old 03-12-2012, 03:07 AM

should be ok, the back will sag more under a lot of weight but if its less then 100lbs every now n then I dont think it'll be too bad.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:04 AM
Super Modder

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade01 View Post
second? how so? one 2.5 n 3.5 were chosen, or am I missing something

Thanks for the OEM wheel comment ! They have grown on me over time, i "might" get a spacer to push them out a lil for a cleaner look.
If you had read Taz's comment in the free spring thread about there being someone local in BC who was no longer available for testing...that was Tony. The original set of 4th gen springs were on his car...Taz installed them himself.

The drop looks good on these...not as low as the springs for the 3rd gen car in the front, but that is probably good.

FTR...I will claim the honor of the first set of RL Altima springs...ever!

Frankensteined 2002/3/4 3.5SL
QR to VQ swap

Other Pics
My NC Garage
My Feedback Thread...
Old 03-12-2012, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BT View Post
If you had read Taz's comment in the free spring thread about there being someone local in BC who was no longer available for testing...that was Tony. The original set of 4th gen springs were on his car...Taz installed them himself.

The drop looks good on these...not as low as the springs for the 3rd gen car in the front, but that is probably good.

FTR...I will claim the honor of the first set of RL Altima springs...ever!
Yah, I know. We spoke about it. He said it was ok to keep the thread name the way it is. But he is selling his car, so I guess I can say I will be the first to own them on a long term. I like the fact the drop isnt that low being in central NY at the moment, but it makes the car look a whole lot nicer!
Old 04-13-2012, 10:59 AM
Freezing my ass off in MN

Bumping an older thread...

I'm wanting to lower my altima down to get rid of the monster gap, but I'm regularly having a full load of 4/5 adults in the car. Are the RL's stiff enough to accommodate that load or will I be experiencing bottoming out quite a bit?

I plan to do coilovers, so if RL's won't do the trick, what would be a better option to eliminate gap and have enough strength to carry that load?

'08 Altima 3.5MT- Racingline STS | BC Coilovers | OEM fog kit/stalk | Nismo front lip & rear corners | Ichiba rear camber kit | Nismo side skirts
'08 Altima 2.5S- Traded in
'96 Accord LX- Sold
'93 Accord DX- Sold
Old 04-13-2012, 03:39 PM

RL or EIBACHS should be fine. i think you should upgrade the rear shocks to KYB to help with the extra weight load IMO
Old 04-13-2012, 06:27 PM
2010 Nissan Of The Year!

I run Eibachs and LOVE THEM!
Old 04-13-2012, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07 Winterfrost 3.5 SE View Post
I run Eibachs and LOVE THEM!
for those of you with eibachs. do you have any front end noise or clunking with them?

im having noise issues and im thinking my strut mounts are shot. i checked everything and its all tight. i think the monkey at pepboys who did my springs may have effed them up some how. i have less than 6k miles on the car too.
Old 04-15-2012, 05:15 AM

Clunking... check to see if the springs were installed upside-down. There was a thread on this about the printing of EIBACH on the springs to be wrong and some people managed to install the springs upside down.

Does it clunk-clunk when you turn the wheel w/ or w/o driving? More than likely the springs are rubbing against the wheel well. One way to check is to remove your wheel and take a look at where the spring could possibly be rubbing and look for wear. If you are unsure you could put some masking tape in the area and drive and clunk a bit and check again.

I had a similar issue and... let's just say I know the procedure by heart as well as every bolt size from installing/uninstalling springs.

DMV Area Altima's
Old 04-15-2012, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubya View Post
Clunking... check to see if the springs were installed upside-down. There was a thread on this about the printing of EIBACH on the springs to be wrong and some people managed to install the springs upside down.

Does it clunk-clunk when you turn the wheel w/ or w/o driving? More than likely the springs are rubbing against the wheel well. One way to check is to remove your wheel and take a look at where the spring could possibly be rubbing and look for wear. If you are unsure you could put some masking tape in the area and drive and clunk a bit and check again.

I had a similar issue and... let's just say I know the procedure by heart as well as every bolt size from installing/uninstalling springs.

no i had the guy install them with the eibach logo upside down. they dont quite fit the other way. i had the same issue with the last set i put on my G6. cant believe its like that still and for all their springs it seems.

its like a light clunk/rattle over imperfections in the road or going over speed bumps at a certain speed. the noise SOUNDS like its coming from the top where the strut mounts are. i think i heard it a few times when turning cant remember. im also PRETTY sure its not the bump stops. the guy at pep boys had the cutting instructions and i have the left over pieces for when i go back to stock
Old 04-15-2012, 05:27 AM

Do you have the 4 or 6 cylinder? I had no issues with my Eibach springs... I did not cut my bump stops though.

It's good you checked that the guy installed them correctly, some techs will force them on with what they believe is right. They can only go on one way without forcing them on anyways!

Check your wheel well anyways. I found mines were scuffed up from the RL springs clunking against the well (which is why the 3.5 Altima RL springs have NOT been released - Taz is a busy guy anyways and it was unfortunate there were fitment problems, btw Taz, I'm still waiting :P)
Old 04-15-2012, 05:31 AM

hmm springs hitting the wheel well. thats a new one to me. are the springs too wide? ill check it out for sure. i have the 2.5 btw
Old 04-15-2012, 05:39 AM

I was going crazy. It annoyed me like no other. I thought my strut mounts were bad too and I was going to lube them up/replace them - the struts only had 30k on them and the springs had 4k, which to me, was waaaay too early to be having issues.

sorry for the huge ass crappy cell phone quality picture.

Taz said that the weight of the 3.5 caused for the springs to rub.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Nissan - Infiniti Enthusiast Forums > NISSAN ALTIMA FORUMS > 2007-2012 Nissan Altima Forums > 2007-2012 Nissan Altima Discussion (2.5 & 3.5)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.