LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 02-28-2012, 04:17 AM
kvk

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
How much Brake Pads Replacement costs?

On my last visit to dealer for Oil change they mention that my brake pads needs to be replaced and rotors needs to be resurfaced. They want a total of $500 for both front and back. They said that only 3mm Lining is left. Is this a reasonable price or are there any better places to get them done. BTW mine is a 2007 Nissan Altima 2.5SL with 40K miles on it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-28-2012, 07:15 AM
Forty-something MPG

$500 for all of that isn't bad at all, as long as it includes labor.

. : The Rupp : .

.: 2007 3.5SE :: Precision Grey :: Sport Package :: CVT :: Höen Xenonmatch Plus Low Beams :. - Traded for:

.: 2008 3.5SE :: Dark Slate :: Premium Package :: CVT :: Garmin nüvi 350 Hardwire :: 20% Tint All Around :. - Gone

.: 2006 BMW 330i :: Sparkling Graphite :: Premium Package :: Sport Package :: 6MT :. - Sold

.: 2010 Scion tC :: Flint Mica :. - Sold

.: 2012 Chevrolet Cruze Eco :: 6MT :. - Awaiting more LED's

LED: LED Thread :: Footwells & Cupholder :.
#3 Old 02-28-2012, 12:19 PM
kvk

(Thread Starter)
The reason I posted this because I found online service special coupons at various dealers starting from $99 for each side. I also received Nissan direct coupons in mail sometime back for $139 for each side. When I called Meineke car care they quoted $300 plus. Also in the forum lot of people posted about Hawk HPS and PBR Ultimates brands. If I want to go with any of those, it looks like I have to find an independent mechanic as none of the chain shops allow outside parts.
#4 Old 02-28-2012, 01:16 PM

If you do it yourself it would be over half of that even with some EBC brake pads. Buy the pads for $120 take the rotors to be turned and your set.
#5 Old 02-28-2012, 03:18 PM
May '12 NOTM winner

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvk View Post
On my last visit to dealer for Oil change they mention that my brake pads needs to be replaced and rotors needs to be resurfaced. They want a total of $500 for both front and back. They said that only 3mm Lining is left. Is this a reasonable price or are there any better places to get them done. BTW mine is a 2007 Nissan Altima 2.5SL with 40K miles on it.
Dude dont mess with the dealer.They are rip offs. resurface your rotors?It's cheaper to buy new ones. Secondly brakes are simple,if you do it yourself it will cost you $100 for 2 sets of good pads. If you know someone that knows how to do brakes ask them to teach you. My friend has a 2007 altima.I changed all four of her pads for $100, thats how easy it is!

Here is what you need a 14mm socket
a flat head screw driver
a 10mm wrench to bleed the front
8mm to bleed the back

PM me for projector retrofits, halos and more!
My retro thread http://www.nissanclub.com/forums/ult...07-altima.html
Complete projector retrofits http://www.nissanclub.com/forums/ult...retrofits.html
DIY Strut replacement for 2007-2012 Altima http://www.nissanclub.com/forums/f-q...ima-sedan.html
DIY Rear Shock replacement 2007-2012 Altima http://www.nissanclub.com/forums/f-q...ima-sedan.html
Wiring stillen header on a 2.5 http://www.nissanclub.com/forums/200...a-cel-fix.html
#6 Old 02-28-2012, 04:52 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
OP won't even need to bleed them, if he/she doesn't open up the system.

If they have to remove the rotors, the tricky part of that is releasing the tension on the parking brakes. Other than that, it's simple. I asked on here and got a response back really quick. Just ask on here if you need help. Oh yeah, you can't used a socket to remove the rear caliper becasue the suspension part is in the way. You'll need a open wrench for that.

When I did mine, I paid like $300 for brakes and rotors from Auto Advance. I'm pretty sure there is a how to on here too. It was one of the NY fellas that did it. Kevin something I believe.

07 Altima 3.5SE CVT--Black w/ Charcoal Leather--35% Tint, Custom Fiberglass Enclosure

Previous:
92 Sentra 2dr--Black w/ Gray Int--238k miles

DMV Area Roll Call
Come rep DC, MD, and VA!!!
#7 Old 02-28-2012, 06:13 PM
Common sense advocate

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
#8 Old 02-28-2012, 08:17 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I cringed when I took my altima into the dealer to have the cvt replaced because I wasn't sure if they would attempt to replace my takeda intake and stillen fsb with oem parts or claim that those parts gave me the SES light.

I would try finding a local mechanic that services import vehicles and just take your altima to the dealer when it's time to do a cvt flush/check.

I take mine to a local guy that owns a repair shop in Los Angeles who also takes his Honda S2k to the track, so he's pretty reasonable and he's pretty knowledgeable about parts/mods.

2009 2.5s with Takeda sri, Stillen front strut brace, 6k HIDs, black matrix depo tails, glossy black roof vinyl, LED drls., Plastidipped oem bumper, BrakeMotive package
----
future mods: lowering springs, Racingline or Stillen rear sway bar, 4 channel amp, catback exhaust, 2JR pulley swap
#9 Old 02-28-2012, 10:13 PM

$500 seems a bit steep considering good pads f & r are $100, resurfacing is $70 for 4 rotors, and it should only take about 2 hours to do. on a side not 3mm should last awhile assuming you drive an average amount and don't ride the brakes. I'd just wait and see what they say the next oil change and gauge off of that.

Last edited by mrsalty; 02-28-2012 at 10:17 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Nissan - Infiniti Enthusiast Forums > NISSAN ALTIMA FORUMS > 2007-2012 Nissan Altima Forums > 2007-2012 Nissan Altima Discussion (2.5 & 3.5)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

<

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode