LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 12-05-2012, 04:16 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Seat Belt Buckle sticking

When I release my seatbelt, it doesn't retract nor come off. I have to either press the button again and again or pull it out manually. Is this considered "normal wear and tear?" Don't like bringing my car to the dealership because they will always go "normal wear and tear. it happens".

So basically...my dealerships won't do anything unless it's broken.... like basically car not starting kind of broken.

Scion FRS
10 Series

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-05-2012, 05:07 AM
Super Moderator

Correct me if I'm wrong but dang, you have a lot of issues in your Altima. You definitively have a lemon. Or am I just dreaming that I've read about problems you've had with your ride.

And it seems like the dealerships you go to suck and don't help you

#3 Old 12-05-2012, 06:14 AM
Vision Quest

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Thumbs up

Spray a little WD40 in there and see if it helps, and no that don't sound normal on a 2011
#4 Old 12-05-2012, 06:18 AM

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but dang, you have a lot of issues in your Altima. You definitively have a lemon. Or am I just dreaming that I've read about problems you've had with your ride.

And it seems like the dealerships you go to suck and don't help you

You are not dreaming. It can't be a lemon because it is different things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petty View Post
Spray a little WD40 in there and see if it helps, and no that don't sound normal on a 2011
Aren't there sensors inside that could go bad from the WD40?

Scion FRS
10 Series

#5 Old 12-05-2012, 06:37 AM
Vision Quest

Thumbs up

Not sure on that, maybe google it. I would spray some on your finger and rub it on..... Not a lot just enough to test it.
The dealer should take a look at it if your in warranty
#6 Old 12-05-2012, 06:59 AM
Vision Quest

#7 Old 12-05-2012, 10:23 AM

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petty View Post
Thanks. I will try this tomorrow.

My dealer won't do anything because they said "They can only make it worse. Don't fix it if it's not broken". So....Yeah. And Rattles and such are normal wear and tear and won't fix it. -____-

Scion FRS
10 Series

#8 Old 12-05-2012, 10:14 PM
i make cars go fast..

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Sounds like you need to report that dealership to Nissan Corporate, or if it's owned by a local auto group, their corporate office. That's not the way to treat or answer a customer in need. A dealership screwed up my oil change and one email later to corporate they had someone in the dealership office making sure I got taken care of.

2009 Super Black 2.5SL CVT Loaded
3.5 Mirror
8000K DDMTuning Lo
3000K DDMTuning Fog
Stillen Front Lip
K&N Drop-In Filter
Super Black Grille
Racingline White LED Kit
#9 Old 12-05-2012, 11:07 PM

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by starzplacez View Post
Sounds like you need to report that dealership to Nissan Corporate, or if it's owned by a local auto group, their corporate office. That's not the way to treat or answer a customer in need. A dealership screwed up my oil change and one email later to corporate they had someone in the dealership office making sure I got taken care of.
Can I get that email address?

Scion FRS
10 Series

#10 Old 12-05-2012, 11:14 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Spray some silicon where the buckle goes in, that should fix the sticking n not hurt anything.

2009 Altima coupe 2.5 6spd; my babe!

Amsoil synthetics, LED lights, illuminated kickplates, WC Lathewerks shift knob, Racing Line STS/TB kit/strut bar/RSB/ front & rear end links/ first 4th gen 2.5 with racing Line springs, first 4th gen to swap 7th gen maxima brakes (on 16" wheels).
-Plans for now/future:restored old school wheels in progress/ quad projector retrofit in progress.

Best 1/4 mile; 15.598@88.3MPH factory stock to the tires.

DD/work ride; 2000 Nissan Xterra 4WD V6 5spd
-Damn thing has a taste for blood and all my time, bringing him back to life= taking my money
#11 Old 12-06-2012, 01:03 AM
i make cars go fast..

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1rve View Post
NissanUSA.com - Contact

Just fill out the form and select "A Nissan Dealer" in the drop down.. Good luck!

3.5 Mirror
8000K DDMTuning Lo
3000K DDMTuning Fog
Stillen Front Lip
K&N Drop-In Filter
Super Black Grille
Racingline White LED Kit
#12 Old 12-06-2012, 01:28 AM
DLS
Bordering on Insanity

Quote:
Just a bit of advice if I may ...

When you send your message, take your time and write using proper grammar, punctuation, spelling etc. If you are discussing a part on the car, look in the FSM or elsewhere and use the name Nissan uses for the part. Just clearly state the facts of the issue, why you think Nissan is not doing what they should and a give clear indication of what you would like them to do.

Do not call names, be rude or slam them in any way or fashion. Just keep it civil, focused on the problem and the solution you would like to see and be done with it.

Start out the letter with a statement that you are sure that Corporate will come through for you, and that you realize this is just "one of those times" where misunderstandings or mis-communication has occurred and you simply need a third party to act as an "interpreter" between the parties.

At the end thank them again for the work they will be doing on your behalf and tell them you will continue to be a thrilled Nissan customer even with this little glitch.

You will get FAR better response than if you "launch and attack". While it may seem to be "sucking up" ask yourself whether you want a resolution to the problem or do you want to feel better because you vented?

This works because the CSR's who will handle your case are people too, and they get bashed far more than appreciated. I think others here would agree, what do you all think?

'09 Altima 2.5S CVT 65K
'10 Armada SE 4WD 55K
#13 Old 12-06-2012, 01:42 AM
i make cars go fast..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLS View Post
Just a bit of advice if I may ...
Agreed 100%. I couldn't have put it any better and def the approach that I took. The person reading your email is more likely to get it to the right person/department if you are civil than just another "bashing" that goes nowhere..

3.5 Mirror
8000K DDMTuning Lo
3000K DDMTuning Fog
Stillen Front Lip
K&N Drop-In Filter
Super Black Grille
Racingline White LED Kit
#14 Old 12-06-2012, 02:14 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
My dealer won't do anything because they said "They can only make it worse. Don't fix it if it's not broken". So....Yeah. And Rattles and such are normal wear and tear and won't fix it. -____-
Since your car is a 2011, it is still covered under the Nissan seat belt warranty, which is 120 months/unlimited mileage.

You want us to believe that you took your Altima to a dealer and they told you "They can only make it worse. Don't fix it if it's not broken."

Something does not add up here. I am having a hard time believing the story as you are telling it.

Really, why would the Nissan dealer not fix the seat belt under warranty? What do they have to gain by not repairing your car?
#15 Old 12-06-2012, 04:17 AM

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throckmorton View Post
Since your car is a 2011, it is still covered under the Nissan seat belt warranty, which is 120 months/unlimited mileage.

You want us to believe that you took your Altima to a dealer and they told you "They can only make it worse. Don't fix it if it's not broken."

Something does not add up here. I am having a hard time believing the story as you are telling it.

Really, why would the Nissan dealer not fix the seat belt under warranty? What do they have to gain by not repairing your car?
Actually I took it in a few times prior for something else. One time because my driver side door handle squeaked when pulled. Told me it was "normal wear and tear because this is the driver side and the driver side is used more often so your handle is more worn out than the other doors of course."

Few months later, I took it in again again with two complaints and my brake pedal squeaking and my door binding. They took the door apart and found out it was a cable binding. For the brake pedal they told me "normal wear and tear because it's constantly being used."

Few days later my dash started to crackle. Sounded like a speaker crackling. They confirmed it, but they said "We don't want to take the dash apart because it's time extensive and we might make it worse. We could fix this noise, but you might end up with another noise. Factory is best. I've been in the car business for 30 years, and I've seen it happen. The brake pedal is normal wear and tear and if I wanted to order you a new brake assembly and it doesn't fix the noise...Nissan will say it is a misdiagnosis and will charge the dealership and we'll charge you."

The same night I found brake fluid out of my brake reservoir cap. Brought it in...they performed the recall for the Master Cylinder...brake pedal stopped squeaking.

After this, I got a call from the same dealership for a survey. They asked me "How was your experience at ***** Nissan. Were they able to resolve your issue?"

I replied "The SA didn't want to fix it because they said they might make it worse."

Nissan Survey Person: "Would you like to be transferred to the manager?"

Me: "Right now?"

Nissan Survey Person: "One moment please..."

Manager: "Hi this is *********** from ***** Nissan, what did the SA tell you?"

Me "They told me that they didn't want to fix my crackling issue because they said they could make it worse or end up with another noise"

Manager: "Yes. That could happen, and usually does. Factory is best when it comes to things like that. Once you touch it, it won't ever be the same."

Me: "Okay. Thanks. Have a good day."

Manager: "Thank you for calling ***** Nissan, have a good evening."

I found a fix for the crackling which was just a loose cable inside the glove box which I shared on the forum.

So I really hate taking my car in to the dealership besides getting my free oil changes.

Another story is this within 6 months of ownership...

My car died in my garage, I called them, told me to jump start it.

They didn't give me a tow truck because they said to just jump start it would be sufficient.

Had to buy jumper cables.....

Jump start worked, tested the battery...battery said "needs a charge".

Charged battery and away I went.

Few months later, car died again. I had no equipment for jump start as I was in a parking lot and not at home.

They gave me a tow truck this time because I told them that if a warranted part failed, towing is including which is stated in the manual.. Towed my car in...found out it was a bad cell in the battery.

New battery from Nissan....

As you can tell, even though there are warnings, they won't do anything until it leads to your car not starting.

I didn't bring it in to the dealership for the seatbelt issue yet...i was hoping to resolve it myself than bringing it in because I'm 99.999999999999999% sure they will just tell me "it's normal wear and tear" and I would had just wasted gas and time over there.

Also, I rubbed WD-40 on it, didn't make a difference. I think it's the assembly itself that makes it stick.

Scion FRS
10 Series

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Nissan - Infiniti Enthusiast Forums > NISSAN ALTIMA FORUMS > 2007-2012 Nissan Altima Forums > 2007-2012 Nissan Altima Discussion (2.5 & 3.5)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

<

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode