Will warranty cover this? - Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 02-15-2013, 05:48 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Will warranty cover this?

Well about 2 months ago i was looking atound my car when i noticed there was ome bug in each of my taillights. They have definately been in there for a while since they were dead. Now they are still in there and looks like the taillights are preserving their bodys from rotting away. I dont want to have to open up the lights to get them out since im not an expert at that kind of stuff plus if the dealership found out it might nullify the warranting of the lights( correct me if im wrong, i do not fully understand what the consequences are if i did open them and got caught.) This seems like a very tiny problem but it is a pain to see those bugs everytime i open the trunk or just looking at the back of my car.
Should i ask to see if they would replace the lights?
Or should i let the bugs rest in peace?
What do you guys think?

2012 Dark Slate 2.5 SL Altima, all stock for now. 25% tint all around. 6000k hid projectors and fogs. Looking to install a injen CAI, nismo aero spoiler, enkei ekm3 18 inch rims, bc coilovers. Maybe strut tower and sway bar for extra handling.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-15-2013, 06:11 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zingaling View Post
Well about 2 months ago i was looking atound my car when i noticed there was ome bug in each of my taillights. They have definately been in there for a while since they were dead. Now they are still in there and looks like the taillights are preserving their bodys from rotting away. I dont want to have to open up the lights to get them out since im not an expert at that kind of stuff plus if the dealership found out it might nullify the warranting of the lights( correct me if im wrong, i do not fully understand what the consequences are if i did open them and got caught.) This seems like a very tiny problem but it is a pain to see those bugs everytime i open the trunk or just looking at the back of my car.
Should i ask to see if they would replace the lights?
What do you guys think?
What you can do is remove the bulbs, remove the bolts holding it in...and shake it to make the dead bodies come out.

You can go back to the dealership and ask if they can do it for you though. You are within the adjustment warranty. Just be like "WTF WHY IS THERE A BUG INSIDE MY TAIL LIGHTS!?"

Scion FRS
10 Series

#3 Old 02-15-2013, 07:27 AM
BIH
2008 Nissan Altima

Quote:
LMAO!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1rve View Post
What you can do is remove the bulbs, remove the bolts holding it in...and shake it to make the dead bodies come out.
That would be the best and easiest way to do it lmfao, Id personally be embarrassed to even mention dead bugs in my tails to my dealer..

Last edited by BIH; 02-15-2013 at 07:30 AM.
#4 Old 02-15-2013, 07:31 AM

(Thread Starter)
Oh i see lol. Im guessing this has happened before?
I think im gonna ask the dealership to do it. I dont want to touch anything that ive never done before.
Thanks for the replies.

2012 Dark Slate 2.5 SL Altima, all stock for now. 25% tint all around. 6000k hid projectors and fogs. Looking to install a injen CAI, nismo aero spoiler, enkei ekm3 18 inch rims, bc coilovers. Maybe strut tower and sway bar for extra handling.
#5 Old 02-15-2013, 03:36 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
You will have to do this sooner or later to change a bulb. This procedure might even be int he owners manual or FSM.

Pull back the carpet in the trunk behind the light. There will be two nuts around 8mm or so. Take those off then pull off the light. Disconnect the bulbs.

See if you can get the bugs to a place where you can see them through the light hole and then use the crevice attachment on the vacuum and get them out.

07 Altima 3.5SE CVT--Black w/ Charcoal Leather--35% Tint, Custom Fiberglass Enclosure

Previous:
92 Sentra 2dr--Black w/ Gray Int--238k miles

DMV Area Roll Call
Come rep DC, MD, and VA!!!
#6 Old 02-15-2013, 05:34 PM
DLS
Bordering on Insanity

Shooting compressed air into the fixture will get them out too ... wear eye protection and insert the nozzle into the fixture as far as you can. If you have an extension use it.

If the bug is stuck you can use a garden hose, but then you are dealing with drying out the fixture before reassembly.

'09 Altima 2.5S CVT 65K
'10 Armada SE 4WD 55K
#7 Old 02-15-2013, 08:15 PM

Garage
Quote:
Oh i see lol. Im guessing this has happened before?
I think im gonna ask the dealership to do it. I dont want to touch anything that ive never done before.
Thanks for the replies.
Never seen it happen before... although the only way a bug can get it in there is during assembly....

Scion FRS
10 Series

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Nissan - Infiniti Enthusiast Forums > NISSAN ALTIMA FORUMS > 2007-2012 Nissan Altima Forums > 2007-2012 Nissan Altima Discussion (2.5 & 3.5)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

<

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode