The Nissan Club banner

Bluebatmobile's red overlay on my Dark Slate Altima!

10K views 38 replies 19 participants last post by  Blue Batmobile 
#1 ·
Here's a few pics of my car with red overlays that I bought from Bluebatmobile! I haven't seen any dark slate Altima's with red overlays so I thought I'd share them with you. It was my first time installing overlays and it turned out pretty difficult for someone who absolutely have no experience with them. Everything was straight forward though. Used a hairdryer to stretch the vinyl and a credit card wrapped with cloth to use as a squeegee. Everything came out good except some parts of the edges where I used a blade to cut the extra off. My edges came out rough because of the cutting. There are still a few edges I need to redo but I been to busy and lazy to do them but I will soon. nonetheless it came out better than I thought since I never done this before and I like it better than the multi colored taillights.

p.s. It makes it a lot easier if you have someone helping you for example you will be stretching and using the squeegee while the other will be using the hairdryer. I'm glad I had someone help me.

See less See more
#3 ·
You should try reheating those edges and tucking in the excess under the taillight otherwise with the sun it's going to shrink and look bad. I wrapped mine twice already and currently did a more permanent change by painting them transparent red. Pics should be up somewhere in the forum.

#5 ·
Nice results mate .

#6 ·
I am glad to see your turned out good, I ordered a set of the overlays but I could not get them to work. I wasted 45 bucks!

#8 ·
looks awesome man. Yeah having someone there to help you makes the job easier especially if you have to stretch the vinyl and can't quite do it with a heat gun in one hand.

If I tinted my tail lights, I probably would spray them instead

#9 ·
Best trick is to use the grrove as a guide and trim the edge off and have a gray trim like 4th Gen Maximas. Looks baddass and shows some detail in the lights and looks more OEM.

Did this back in 2008. Did my buddies Dark Slate in 2009 the same way.

#10 ·
I noticed that gray line when I first saw that pic and agree 100% it looks more oem and professionally done.
I cant find anybody that can install my gtr headlight overlays nor my rear valence overlay up here in PA :cry2:

#17 ·
soon after Winterfrost told me to trim the edges using the groove, I did it. I forgot to post my final work. Thanks winterfrost for the idea!!

These two are the only pictures I have that has my taillights in them. I zoomed in and took a screen shot so the quality is not that good.

#26 ·
looks good where in California u at

#33 ·
Dude if I could paint the chrome black and remove all red and amber from the 4th gen tails I'd do it in a heart beat!!!! I keep looking for a pair.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.