The Nissan Club banner

Intelligent Key Problems

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  hunterb5222 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

I have a 2012 Nissan Altima 3.5SR and have been having trouble out of my intelligent key. If I try to open my trunk and any door is open (front or rear, driver or passenger side) it will not open with the button above the license plate or with the button on the intelligent key. The only way I can open it is if I push the button beside the steering wheel. If all the doors are closed then there is no problem and it will open with the license plate button, intelligent key, or inside trunk release button. Has anyone else had this problem? My mother owns a Maxima with an intelligent key and it does not have a problem releasing the trunk when other doors are open. I know this is not a huge issue, but is annoying when you have friends trying to get in and you are stuck waiting for everyone to shut all of their doors before you can get in the trunk. Thank you all!

#2 ·
+1 for weirdness. I've got nothing for you, makes no sense to me whatsoever.

The only common part is the BCM module, maybe it is failing internally in a way that it makes a difference if the cabin light/door lights are on or not. You could pull the fuse(s) for the door, dome and kickpanel lights and see if it starts working normally.

#4 ·
He said it all works fine if the passenger doors are all closed. Valet mode wouldn't affect it like that...no?

Link to 2012 Owners Manual

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.