Reducing the side-view mirror blind spot on the Altima Coupe - Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

NissanClub.com is the premier Nissan Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2010, 03:05 PM
2008 Altima Coupe Owner

Reducing the side-view mirror blind spot on the Altima Coupe

I think we'll all admit that our Altima Coupes have a pretty big blind spot. Proper adjustment of the side-view mirrors helps of course, but I haven't found a position that provides 100% perfect visibility.

I've gotten along fine for the 2.5 years that I've owned my Altima Coupe, but as the winter approaches and it's now dark when I drive home from work in the evening, I started wondering about trying some of those small, convex, wide-angle mirrors that stick on your side-view mirrors.

Has anyone tried these? Did they help? Is there a shape (e.g. round or rectangular) that works better? Is there a position on the side-view mirror where they work best?

If I'm going to try something, I want a high-quality product that works and doesn't mess up the clean look of the car.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2010, 11:09 PM

Those little mirrors suck. I have them on my work vehicle and I never use them, they are too small and the convex makes it hard to make out anything clearly enough for me to trust them.

With my coupe, I adjust the side mirrors out far enough so I cant see my car in them. It gets some getting used to, but it eliminates the blind spots that are there. I position them so that they everlap just slightly with the rear view mirror, if you were to take a picture of the reflection in my 3 mirrors up front they would make a perfect image of what is behind me with no blind spots
Old 11-07-2010, 02:26 AM
Altima FTW

I've found the small circle mirrors to be tremendous help for me, I only use them for the driver side. Initially I used one on my 2001 Frontier until my truck was no more. Then I added one to my 07 Altima when I picked it up a year ago. You shouldn't have to worry the longevity issue too much, the one I had on my Frontier lasted well into the 8 year mark and was still going strong when I wrecked my truck. I bought them both from Auto Zone for $2.99, they are just peel and stick. Just make sure to clean your mirror first for maximum adhesion. And as far as location goes I prefer the bottom left corner of the mirror.

2007 2.5S Radiant Silver
Depo Black & Clear Headlights_Depo Chrome LED Tails_V-LED Parking Lights_Stealth Bulb Turns_DDM 6000k HID_V-LED 6000k Interior/License Plate_OEM Color-Matched Grille_17" Konig Incident Wheels_Fujita SRI_OEM Spoiler_De-badged_Tinted Windows_Kenwood KDC-MP442U_Polk MM651_Infinity Reference 9612i_JL 10W1v2-4_Eclipse EA4100 & 3122 Amps_Monster Wiring
Old 12-04-2010, 10:51 AM
just an user

Try locating them on the bottom corner of either mirror; they can be easily removed if they're not helping
Old 03-14-2011, 07:24 PM

I know its a bit more work but positioning the mirrors correctly and leaning forwards slightly when looking into your side mirror allows you to see your complete blind spot...I think those mirrors ruin the look of the car when viewing from behind
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Nissan - Infiniti Enthusiast Forums > NISSAN ALTIMA FORUMS > 2007-2012 Nissan Altima Forums > 2008+ Nissan Altima COUPE Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.