Performance Mods - Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 06-27-2012, 05:35 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Performance Mods

Hey folks, I am new to the forum and a proud owner of a 08 Altima V6 Coupe, I have recently got my car and want to get to the action asap. I am wondering what kind of mods would be great for starters. I am looking into intake, and exhaust work is there anything else I should look into? I would greatly appreciate the help of you fellow Nissan Altima owners. I am aware there is not to much options when it comes to after market parts for this vehicle, but does someone know if that will change in the future? Also another quick question I have a Silver 2DR, what colour rims do your suggest look good with silver?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-27-2012, 12:31 PM

Welcome.

Start off with a Racingline Y-Pipe and intake.

As for the wheels, just browse the forums for pictures. My personal opinion, a chrome rim would look best on a silver car.

~Mark

SOLD: 2010 Altima 3.5SR Coupe Fully Loaded- Eibach Springs/Racingline Y-Pipe/Takeda Intake

Nissan Factory Service Manuals (FSM):
http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/
#3 Old 06-27-2012, 03:33 PM

(Thread Starter)
Alright thanks for replying, I heard good things about the Y-Pipe. I know this might be a dumb question, but is it possible to break the 300hp mark without a turbo or superharger. 300+hp NOT whp.

PS, your car looks soo sick, with the black rims
#4 Old 06-27-2012, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prab View Post
Alright thanks for replying, I heard good things about the Y-Pipe. I know this might be a dumb question, but is it possible to break the 300hp mark without a turbo or superharger. 300+hp NOT whp.

Thanks man. I'm sure you could get 300hp off the crank with some normal mods, but it will take a lot more then that for NA whp.

~Mark

SOLD: 2010 Altima 3.5SR Coupe Fully Loaded- Eibach Springs/Racingline Y-Pipe/Takeda Intake

Nissan Factory Service Manuals (FSM):
http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/
#5 Old 06-27-2012, 06:36 PM

Quote:

if u get an intake, some cams, a tune and exhaust work done, over 300hp easy

#6 Old 06-27-2012, 06:51 PM

Check out Stillen, they make a bunch of awesome parts for the coupes, and great customer service IMO.
If you're going to ramp up the engine i'd get some good brakes, the factory's are not the best on these cars.

-'08 Altima Coupe 2.5 CVT
-Stillen front lip, Stillen rear spoiler, 6000k Migo VX2 HID's, Eibach springs, Powerstop drilled/slotted rotors, G37 wheels
#7 Old 06-28-2012, 12:33 AM

(Thread Starter)
Alright thanks for the insight guys, I'll look into the Stillen parts. How much would you say a good paint job is, iv heard numbers as high as $5k :O is this true?
#8 Old 06-28-2012, 02:54 AM
LOL AWD

5K is not a lot for a good paint job.
No matter what, aftermarket paint will never be as good as OEM. They can't bake it as Nissan can at the factory without stripping the car to the bare unibody.

My snail eats rice

synthetic oil drained every 500 miles cause I'm rich | uranium-core sparkplugs | McRae sticker 10hp edition | titanium piston springs | Motul syn blinker fluid | timing advanced 6* Celsius | SE-R tail lights | trunk mount intercooler | oil catchcan with exhaust dumpvalve (see smoke in sigpic) | CLICK to see my turbo
#9 Old 06-28-2012, 03:35 AM

(Thread Starter)
Damn more than 5k for a paint job, and I was just wondering is there any good tuners out for the v6 coupe?
#10 Old 06-28-2012, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbone View Post
5K is not a lot for a good paint job.
No matter what, aftermarket paint will never be as good as OEM. They can't bake it as Nissan can at the factory without stripping the car to the bare unibody.
agreed. Aftermarket paints and procedures not the same or better than OEM. they would be thicker though

#11 Old 06-28-2012, 05:03 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Alright thanks for the insight guys, I'll look into the Stillen parts. How much would you say a good paint job is, iv heard numbers as high as $5k :O is this true?
A real paint job with good paint? I'd say $4k and up, depending on the paint and condition of the car

2009 Altima coupe 2.5 6spd; my babe!

Amsoil synthetics, LED lights, illuminated kickplates, WC Lathewerks shift knob, Racing Line STS/TB kit/strut bar/RSB/ front & rear end links/ first 4th gen 2.5 with racing Line springs, first 4th gen to swap 7th gen maxima brakes (on 16" wheels).
-Plans for now/future:restored old school wheels in progress/ quad projector retrofit in progress.

Best 1/4 mile; 15.598@88.3MPH factory stock to the tires.

DD/work ride; 2000 Nissan Xterra 4WD V6 5spd
-Damn thing has a taste for blood and all my time, bringing him back to life= taking my money
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Nissan - Infiniti Enthusiast Forums > NISSAN ALTIMA FORUMS > 2007-2012 Nissan Altima Forums > 2008+ Nissan Altima COUPE Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

<

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode