We need more pics!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#167 Old 10-14-2011, 06:30 PM
Low & Fast...

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I'm guessing that Nissan will be a the LA auto show this year? I would sure hate to go there and they are a no show like the last one i went to in 09.

06 SE VQ 5spd sleeper ll...

#168 Old 10-16-2011, 06:59 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Garage
Hope they bring it to the sd car show. I'm not driving up to la again.

PM me for Overlay or Projector Retrofits

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIZAMAN View Post

People who defend CVT are like people with ugly kids - they have no choice but to love them.
#169 Old 11-21-2011, 06:09 PM

Spy Photos: 2013 Nissan Altima Caught With Less Camo

Kinda looks like the same amount of camo to me.

07 Altima 3.5SE CVT--Black w/ Charcoal Leather--35% Tint, Custom Fiberglass Enclosure

Previous:
92 Sentra 2dr--Black w/ Gray Int--238k miles

DMV Area Roll Call
Come rep DC, MD, and VA!!!
#170 Old 11-21-2011, 06:32 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdublup View Post
Spy Photos: 2013 Nissan Altima Caught With Less Camo

Kinda looks like the same amount of camo to me.
i agree looks exactly the same

2011 3.5sr
powder coated ''19 g35 rays, dvd indash, subs, etc
#171 Old 11-21-2011, 06:41 PM

Curious how they have that bright red color though... looks a little slimmer than the current gens, doesn't look as ...round..I guess..

Black 2011 Altima 3.5SR -Prem & Sport Pkgs

MODS: 17'' MB Five X wheels, Red Tinted Taillights, 6k door lights and 5k license plate lights.
#172 Old 11-21-2011, 06:43 PM

Actually, I guess there is a little less. It looks like there is also a fog light along with the amber light at the bottom of the bumper, that isn't shown in the original spy shots.

eweezy, we have the same combo in my family, but I have a black 2007 Altima and the wife has a white 2007 Maxima SL. Would you agree, the Max is nicer to drive, but the Altima is more fun to drive?

07 Altima 3.5SE CVT--Black w/ Charcoal Leather--35% Tint, Custom Fiberglass Enclosure

Previous:
92 Sentra 2dr--Black w/ Gray Int--238k miles

DMV Area Roll Call
Come rep DC, MD, and VA!!!
#173 Old 11-21-2011, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Actually, I guess there is a little less. It looks like there is also a fog light along with the amber light at the bottom of the bumper, that isn't shown in the original spy shots.

eweezy, we have the same combo in my family, but I have a black 2007 Altima and the wife has a white 2007 Maxima SL. Would you agree, the Max is nicer to drive, but the Altima is more fun to drive?
yes i will agree to me the maxima rides so much smoother than the altima. and the maxima has horrible turning radius nearly impossible to do a u-turn.

i have spoken to a general manager for a nissan dealership and a sales associate both who work for different dealerships and both have told me the same thing that new altima looks similar to a lexus

2011 3.5sr
#174 Old 11-21-2011, 06:55 PM

Altima is Def more fun to drive. Maxima feels to big.

Don't like the ride in the Altima though.

Honestly I like the look of the new one, probably will not get it but I like it.

I'm liking the headlights and tails though, a big improvement.

Black 2011 Altima 3.5SR -Prem & Sport Pkgs

MODS: 17'' MB Five X wheels, Red Tinted Taillights, 6k door lights and 5k license plate lights.
#175 Old 11-21-2011, 07:21 PM
In Soviet Canuckistan

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Slightly less camo for sure. I actually love the tail lights, and does resemble more like the current gen Maxima. Headlights though, try may look more like the Versa in terms of shape, but at a quick glance (the camo may have an affect on this), it looks more like the third gen Altima's headlights.

It seems nothing came out of the LA Auto show. Might see details either next month, or early next year.

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 S Super Black
Semi-bare bone stock!!

Mod Wish list:
Nismo Aero Kit
K&N Air Intake mod
Stillen Cat-back Exhaust

Installed:
OEM Fog Lamps
OEM 18" x 7.5" Altima Coupe Alloy Wheels
Racingline Strut Tower Brace
#176 Old 11-21-2011, 07:58 PM
Common sense advocate

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I'm sure the next Altima will be a slight evolution of the current design. They're not going to change it too much, as it was the best selling car in America for at least one month this year, forgot which month...

In any case, my next car WILL NOT have a CVT. I have one in my car now, and it's OK, but some of its quirks drive me nuts. I hate the two second delay between reverse and drive, and vis-versa. I paid the dealership over $100 to tell me that "there's nothing wrong", and that it's "in spec". I find this delay unacceptable, as there is no delay in the Murano's CVT.

Nissan has lost a very long time customer if they don't do something about this issue.

#177 Old 11-21-2011, 08:20 PM
It's all Gravy, baby!

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweezy90 View Post
yes i will agree to me the maxima rides so much smoother than the altima. and the maxima has horrible turning radius nearly impossible to do a u-turn.

i have spoken to a general manager for a nissan dealership and a sales associate both who work for different dealerships and both have told me the same thing that new altima looks similar to a lexus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Familyguy1 View Post
Altima is Def more fun to drive. Maxima feels to big.

Don't like the ride in the Altima though.

Honestly I like the look of the new one, probably will not get it but I like it.

I'm liking the headlights and tails though, a big improvement.
The Altima probably feels more fun to drive because it was lighter, but last time I checked, the Maxima was the smaller vehicle even if only by a little. The turning radii between the 2 are so bad because they are ginormus FWD platforms with room for a big V6 to be wedged in the front.

Eweezy, they probably told you that because they want you to come back and buy one. A Lexus-looking Altima means it may look better than the Maxima and Nissan wouldn't have that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster289 View Post
I'm sure the next Altima will be a slight evolution of the current design. They're not going to change it too much, as it was the best selling car in America for at least one month this year, forgot which month...

In any case, my next car WILL NOT have a CVT. I have one in my car now, and it's OK, but some of its quirks drive me nuts. I hate the two second delay between reverse and drive, and vis-versa. I paid the dealership over $100 to tell me that "there's nothing wrong", and that it's "in spec". I find this delay unacceptable, as there is no delay in the Murano's CVT.

Nissan has lost a very long time customer if they don't do something about this issue.
I think it's going to look like that corporate front end that all Nissans, save the Maxima, are starting to adopt. It looks like it's going to slim down a bit-probably in response to the comments about the 4th gen looking bloated as compared to the 3rd gen and the fact that they seem to be trying to get back to a performance-oriented image. Witness how much slimmer the 370Z is compared to the 350Z and the 6th gen Maxima compared to the 7th gen.

Unfortunately, it's going to be CVT because the "expert" reviews on this thing keep getting better so Nissan think they have a handle on this thing and they won't let it go. I'm just hoping that maybe, maybe the 5th gen Altima or 8th gen Maxima sprouts a manual option on the order sheet. I really don't care which one as not much more than some body panels and trim separate the 2 and I believe we'll continue to see that going forward. I do, however, see the 8th gen getting an AWD option. It will be CVT-only for that one for sure though.

-Brandon
2003 Infiniti M45
1981 Chevrolet Silverado RCLB (heh, try me)

Last edited by Sideways the Seven; 11-21-2011 at 08:22 PM.
#178 Old 11-21-2011, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Two-Tone View Post
The Altima probably feels more fun to drive because it was lighter, but last time I checked, the Maxima was the smaller vehicle even if only by a little. The turning radii between the 2 are so bad because they are ginormus FWD platforms with room for a big V6 to be wedged in the front.

Eweezy, they probably told you that because they want you to come back and buy one. A Lexus-looking Altima means it may look better than the Maxima and Nissan wouldn't have that.

I think it's going to look like that corporate front end that all Nissans, save the Maxima, are starting to adopt. It looks like it's going to slim down a bit-probably in response to the comments about the 4th gen looking bloated as compared to the 3rd gen and the fact that they seem to be trying to get back to a performance-oriented image. Witness how much slimmer the 370Z is compared to the 350Z and the 6th gen Maxima compared to the 7th gen.

Unfortunately, it's going to be CVT because the "expert" reviews on this thing keep getting better so Nissan think they have a handle on this thing and they won't let it go. I'm just hoping that maybe, maybe the 5th gen Altima or 8th gen Maxima sprouts a manual option on the order sheet. I really don't care which one as not much more than some body panels and trim separate the 2 and I believe we'll continue to see that going forward. I do, however, see the 8th gen getting an AWD option. It will be CVT-only for that one for sure though.
I mean what's the odds that two men who work for different Nissan dealerships say the same thing.

2011 3.5sr
#179 Old 11-21-2011, 11:45 PM
It's me!!

A few more angles at LLN

http://www.leftlanenews.com/photos/n...picture-1.html

2012 Camry SE V6
#180 Old 11-22-2011, 12:30 AM
In Soviet Canuckistan

Quote:
Originally Posted by teko03 View Post
They pretty much the same camera angles from the first spy shots, lol!

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 S Super Black
Semi-bare bone stock!!

Mod Wish list:
Nismo Aero Kit
K&N Air Intake mod
Stillen Cat-back Exhaust

Installed:
OEM Fog Lamps
OEM 18" x 7.5" Altima Coupe Alloy Wheels
Racingline Strut Tower Brace
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Nissan - Infiniti Enthusiast Forums > NISSAN ALTIMA FORUMS > *NEW* 2013+ NISSAN ALTIMA Forum > 2013+ Nissan Altima Discussion (2.5 & 3.5)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

<

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode