2013 Nissan Altima Revealed - Page 2 - Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 04-03-2012, 08:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Honestly, I am surprised to see everything they are offering.

Then Again, my Altima will be the last Nissan vehicle I own.

Black 2011 Altima 3.5SR -Prem & Sport Pkgs

MODS: 17'' MB Five X wheels, Red Tinted Taillights, 6k door lights and 5k license plate lights.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 04-03-2012, 08:36 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I absolutely hate how the front looks. They should have gave it more of an aggressive look.
#18 Old 04-03-2012, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Familyguy1 View Post
Honestly, I am surprised to see everything they are offering.

Then Again, my Altima will be the last Nissan vehicle I own.
Have to agree, the list of standard and optional equipment is very extensive. I do appreciate the fact I can get all these options without having to purchase a base 40K car then add options.

Why are you done with Nissan? issues with quality or service?

I will be at the Auto Show next week probably Monday and post my review. I just hope they have at least 1 model open for the public to sit in and play with the new gadgets.
#19 Old 04-03-2012, 08:46 PM

#20 Old 04-03-2012, 09:33 PM
In Soviet Canuckistan

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladi77 View Post
Have to agree, the list of standard and optional equipment is very extensive. I do appreciate the fact I can get all these options without having to purchase a base 40K car then add options.

Why are you done with Nissan? issues with quality or service?
I assume because there is no manual 6-speed option, as groaned by some folks here. Whatever, it's their choice and opinions. Although I'm disappointed that there is no manual option, but I guess the next best thing being the paddle shifters seen in there are as close as we can get to a manual in a sedan. Probably we'll see the manuals in the next Altima coupe, if they're making a new one.

It's definitely a step up from the 4th gen, especially with the implied SL model in those photos, with the interior. Although I'm beginning to see a certain "beige" in this new Altima, and no, it's not because of the interior either. :P

The gas mileage is a huge improvement as well, and I'm glad they're keeping the VQ35DE engine. Very interesting how they're finally stepping up the power of the QR engine, with an estimated 182 HP.

I wonder if they're going to have Nismo parts with the 5th gen.

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 S Super Black
Semi-bare bone stock!!

Mod Wish list:
Nismo Aero Kit
K&N Air Intake mod
Stillen Cat-back Exhaust

Installed:
OEM Fog Lamps
OEM 18" x 7.5" Altima Coupe Alloy Wheels
Racingline Strut Tower Brace
#21 Old 04-03-2012, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xnick101 View Post
27/38 MPG on the V4!! DAM!!!! And yeah it reminds me of an accord and maxima mixed together

2013 Nissan Altima Leaked With Best-in-Class 27/38 MPG: 2012 New York Auto Show | AutoGuide.com News
2.5-liter inline four cylinder

#22 Old 04-03-2012, 09:44 PM

(Thread Starter)
You guys are a trip. You want a G37 for the price of an Altima! Everything you guys are whinning about pretty much describes the G37. Looks are subjective, so I'm not even speaking on that. But it was MORE THAN obvious that this car would be CVT only, as it is now. Why would that change. Its obviously working since they sold 41,000 Altimas last month. SOMEBODY likes the CVT. For perspective, Toyota sold 42,000 Camrys.

Anyway, I think its going to be competitive in its class and will maintain its spot in the range of #1-3 in this class. May not be as stylish as the Fusion, but I think overall its a good looking car and does look a "Class above" as Nissan put it. And I don't think the Fusions design is going to age well, once you look past all the flashiness, the car just looks SUPER long, and the grille kind of makes it look like a guppy fish up front. But overall, its a good car too. You really can't go wrong in this class.

I will agree, the interior is nice, but it is a bit bland and maybe a bit Buicky. But at the end of the day as long as its High Quality, I could careless as long as it's not ugly and cheap.

And I actually think we will see mostly 2.5S and 2.5SV's roaming the roads. The base 2.5 is pretty much to advertise the low entry price. Good luck finding one on the lots. They didn't even list its standard features in the press release! LOL. The 2.5SV comes with 17" Alloys, so there probably wont be as many hub-caps rolling around. And the additional 3.5 models should increase the amount of those on the roads too, which all come standard with the 18's pictured above. Overall, I think its going to be a good mix versus all the saggy butt hub-capped 2.5S's running around now. Overall, I think the 2.5SV will be the sales leader in the long run.

Last edited by NissLover; 04-03-2012 at 09:49 PM.
#23 Old 04-03-2012, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barkeep View Post
I assume because there is no manual 6-speed option, as groaned by some folks here. Whatever, it's their choice and opinions. Although I'm disappointed that there is no manual option, but I guess the next best thing being the paddle shifters seen in there are as close as we can get to a manual in a sedan. Probably we'll see the manuals in the next Altima coupe, if they're making a new one.

It's definitely a step up from the 4th gen, especially with the implied SL model in those photos, with the interior. Although I'm beginning to see a certain "beige" in this new Altima, and no, it's not because of the interior either. :P

The gas mileage is a huge improvement as well, and I'm glad they're keeping the VQ35DE engine. Very interesting how they're finally stepping up the power of the QR engine, with an estimated 182 HP.

I wonder if they're going to have Nismo parts with the 5th gen.

Nah. I dont even know how to drive a manual. Im just not impressed by Japanese Cars these days anymore. Im more of a Euro guy anyway. Plus the CVT was...interesting.

I got to say though, that when these cars do hit the showroom floor that I will test drive one to see what it is like. I want to know how they improved the CVT and other things.

I am more than impressed that Nissan is taking a step forward in offering all of these options for $30K, thats quite impressive. Its a good way forward as well.

MODS: 17'' MB Five X wheels, Red Tinted Taillights, 6k door lights and 5k license plate lights.
#24 Old 04-03-2012, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vii View Post
bleh for some reason it reminds me of the accords. and wtf happened to the interior!? its boring. I liked my little pod like air vents and such. made it look sportier. They might be using better materials but they hired the buick designers for their interior. But then I usually hate new cars when they come out and some grow on me.
I agree with you. I prefer my 4th gen interior over this by a long shot. This one looks like my dad buick.
#25 Old 04-03-2012, 10:30 PM
In Soviet Canuckistan

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Familyguy1 View Post
Nah. I dont even know how to drive a manual. Im just not impressed by Japanese Cars these days anymore. Im more of a Euro guy anyway. Plus the CVT was...interesting.

I got to say though, that when these cars do hit the showroom floor that I will test drive one to see what it is like. I want to know how they improved the CVT and other things.

I am more than impressed that Nissan is taking a step forward in offering all of these options for $30K, thats quite impressive. Its a good way forward as well.
Fair enough. I'll probably do the same thing just to see how much (or not) did the car improved compared to the now outgoing model.

At least they're evolving their cars, rather than taking a relatively more conservative approach. *cough*thenewMalibu*cough*

Also, standard 18" wheels on all 3.5 models, which is good, and 17" for any of the 2.5 models. I assume the 16" is for the base 2.5 and/or 2.5 S models.

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 S Super Black
Semi-bare bone stock!!

Mod Wish list:
Nismo Aero Kit
K&N Air Intake mod
Stillen Cat-back Exhaust

Installed:
OEM Fog Lamps
OEM 18" x 7.5" Altima Coupe Alloy Wheels
Racingline Strut Tower Brace
#26 Old 04-03-2012, 11:05 PM
kei
cruiser

Not surprised and not impressed. Gone are the days when Nissan was actually innovative and brought curious car shoppers into the show rooms. I visited one the other day when I was in the market for a new car. The 2012 Altima looked and felt the same as my 2003 model. Almost 10 years and they didn't do squat but just milk and tried to duplicate their success with minimal investment.

Speaking of the dealer, it was so run down I was ashamed. I guess it explains why I am cruising in a 2012 Subaru Legacy instead of a Nissan.

03 S Standard / Axxion Short shifter / Razo shift knob / Razo gas, brake, clutch pedal / Levoc dead pedal / Broadway rear mirror / Hella HID ballast with 6000k bulbs / OEM Fog lamps with Gold Max ion bulbs / Webasto sunroof with memory dials / ADR Stage II 18" with Dunlop 225-40-18 / free WAI
#27 Old 04-03-2012, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kei View Post
Speaking of the dealer, it was so run down I was ashamed. I guess it explains why I am cruising in a 2012 Subaru Legacy instead of a Nissan.
How is that anyway? I a neighbor of mine has one and he loves it. I love the looks of it.

#28 Old 04-04-2012, 12:17 AM
Forty-something MPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by xnick101 View Post
27/38 MPG on the V4!! DAM!!!! And yeah it reminds me of an accord and maxima mixed together

2013 Nissan Altima Leaked With Best-in-Class 27/38 MPG: 2012 New York Auto Show | AutoGuide.com News
We'll see. There are far too many threads on this board complaining about the EPA estimates being unattainable.

. : The Rupp : .

.: 2007 3.5SE :: Precision Grey :: Sport Package :: CVT :: Höen Xenonmatch Plus Low Beams :. - Traded for:

.: 2008 3.5SE :: Dark Slate :: Premium Package :: CVT :: Garmin nüvi 350 Hardwire :: 20% Tint All Around :. - Gone

.: 2006 BMW 330i :: Sparkling Graphite :: Premium Package :: Sport Package :: 6MT :. - Sold

.: 2010 Scion tC :: Flint Mica :. - Sold

.: 2012 Chevrolet Cruze Eco :: 6MT :. - Awaiting more LED's

LED: LED Thread :: Footwells & Cupholder :.
#29 Old 04-04-2012, 12:33 AM

The Navigation package is only $590?
#30 Old 04-04-2012, 12:36 AM
BoSs DoN bIG WaVeY

Too much like a maxima and a m37

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Nissan - Infiniti Enthusiast Forums > NISSAN ALTIMA FORUMS > *NEW* 2013+ NISSAN ALTIMA Forum > 2013+ Nissan Altima Discussion (2.5 & 3.5)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

<

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode