Nissan Connect Car Registration - Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

NissanClub.com is the premier Nissan Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2012, 08:09 PM

Nissan Connect Car Registration

Is anyone able to register their vehicle with owners.nissanusa.com. I need to register the car with the Nissan owner's portal in order to use the Google POI. My personal experience is for a Nissan Altima 2013 with Nav.

Last edited by friendlly; 07-23-2012 at 08:29 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2012, 02:43 PM

I was able to register...but it took a couple of days after I bought the car for it to recognize my VIN.
Old 07-25-2012, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemoon47 View Post
I was able to register...but it took a couple of days after I bought the car for it to recognize my VIN.
Thanks. My car showed up on the online portal today. I love how you can send POI directly (maps.google.com) to the car. It even has an option to dial the phone number of your POI. I had to sell my iPhone and switch to S3 so the car can read me my txts while driving. This car has so many features for the price I paid. I would like to know any other car out there which offers all these features for $26,500 including tax, title and all dealer fees.
Old 07-25-2012, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by friendlly View Post
I had to sell my iPhone and switch to S3 so the car can read me my txts while driving.
friendlly, does the Pandora feature work with your SG3?
Old 07-25-2012, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by friendlly View Post
Thanks. My car showed up on the online portal today. I love how you can send POI directly (maps.google.com) to the car. It even has an option to dial the phone number of your POI. I had to sell my iPhone and switch to S3 so the car can read me my txts while driving. This car has so many features for the price I paid. I would like to know any other car out there which offers all these features for $26,500 including tax, title and all dealer fees.
Technology moves so fast in cars these days. Features that were once only found on the luxury cars are becoming mainstream and the year you bought your car is a bigger factor than what you paid.

My previous car was an 05 TL. AT the time, technology was second to none. 3 years ago I had to install an iPod adapter just to catch it up with an entry level Ford Focus. I drove my neighbor to a baseball game and he was talking about how the technology was better than what he has in 08 Lexus...which at the time blew away my TL.

It used to be you had to compromise a lot with mid-size sedans. And while some will argue styling is conservative or that the Altima skimped on some of the materials, the bang for the buck with this car is off the charts.
Old 07-25-2012, 02:51 PM

Quote:
It used to be you had to compromise a lot with mid-size sedans. And while some will argue styling is conservative or that the Altima skimped on some of the materials, the bang for the buck with this car is off the charts.
I fully agree, styling is a purely personal matter, only your opinion counts. But the actual features and materials quality is fairly easy to document.

As I've said before, the materials and build quality is not at the level of my Lexus LS (which is the best in these areas I've ever owned), BUT it's close enough to make you wonder if the Lex is worth over twice the money.

And the technology is far advanced over the 6 year old $61,000 Lexus. It's even advanced from my 3 year old Volvo, also.

Last edited by dbc; 07-25-2012 at 02:55 PM.
Old 07-26-2012, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acesk8er View Post
friendlly, does the Pandora feature work with your SG3?
Pandora did not work as they show in the videos where you can hit like or unlike buttons. But you can listen to Pandora as Bluetooth Audio. Just hit Aux twice, no biggie.
Old 07-26-2012, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Tried to register several times, but always stuck at Contact Preference page. Nothing happened after clicking "submit.' Clicking 'cancel' would cancel the registration process.
Old 07-29-2012, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studlv View Post
Tried to register several times, but always stuck at Contact Preference page. Nothing happened after clicking "submit.' Clicking 'cancel' would cancel the registration process.
Finally I was able to register with Nissan connected services. Does anybody know how to use google send-to-car from iPhone or is there an iOS app like BMWAssist to send map address from iPhone to Nissan Altima?
Old 08-09-2012, 08:55 PM

Is the Nissan Connect Service (like Google POI) using wifi, bluetooth or cellular network to send information? Is there any monthly service fee to pay?
Thanks.
Old 08-15-2012, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honva View Post
Is the Nissan Connect Service (like Google POI) using wifi, bluetooth or cellular network to send information? Is there any monthly service fee to pay?
Thanks.
The Nissan Connect service makes a very quick phone call through you cell phone to download content. They do not charge a fee for the service.
Old 08-15-2012, 12:01 PM

Quote:
The Nissan Connect service makes a very quick phone call through you cell phone to download content. They do not charge a fee for the service.
"phone call"? So it does not need data plan on the phone? That is good as I don't have a data plan on my cell phone.
Thanks.
Old 08-15-2012, 12:51 PM

Quote:
"phone call"? So it does not need data plan on the phone? That is good as I don't have a data plan on my cell phone.
Thanks.
I don't think it does. But I was thinking of 'send to car' which does make about a 30 second call (mine went to Seattle) to update the list. I'll double check regular POI's today...
Old 08-15-2012, 04:24 PM

Quote:
I don't think it does. But I was thinking of 'send to car' which does make about a 30 second call (mine went to Seattle) to update the list. I'll double check regular POI's today...
So you are saying....when you start the car, the car will connect to the cell phone and make a 30s call to get the destination you sent earlier from the computer? Does it make the call every time you start your car? or just once a day?
Old 08-15-2012, 06:22 PM

Quote:
So you are saying....when you start the car, the car will connect to the cell phone and make a 30s call to get the destination you sent earlier from the computer? Does it make the call every time you start your car? or just once a day?
There are two separate procceses:

Google Maps 'Send to Car'
In the browser version of Google Maps you can select 'Send' - 'Car' and have the destination(s) send to your car.

In your car there is a button in the Menu for 'Google Maps - Send to Car'. When you push that button it will make a 30 second call and download all the items you placed in the queue since your last download. You have to initiate the download. It is not a passive and doesn't automatically once a day or when you start your car.

POI Powered by Google

This is a seperate menu option. When you select it, it will pulll up a keyboard for you to type in the POI. When you hit enter, it will make a short call to pull up information for that POI.

I'm really not sure what the upshot is to Google POI versus just looking things up through the regular 'Places' option on the Navigation menu.

At least for me, most items I'd be looking for on Google (restaurants, attractions, stores, etc) are already in the navigation database. The only time it's easier is if you want to search for something more specific than digging through the Navigation menu.

For example, if I wanted the 'Exxon on Main Street in XXX town' or the movie theaters in XXX suburb.'

With both options the call is made in the background and downloaded via bluetooth. It does not mute your audio like it would for a normal call.

Last edited by bluemoon47; 08-15-2012 at 07:43 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Nissan - Infiniti Enthusiast Forums > NISSAN ALTIMA FORUMS > *NEW* 2013+ NISSAN ALTIMA Forum > 2013+ Nissan Altima Discussion (2.5 & 3.5)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.