Google Send to Car - Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

NissanClub.com is the premier Nissan Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2012, 08:44 PM

Google Send to Car

I have a 2.5 SL with Tech and cannot find out how to send directions from my iphone 4s or desktop computer to my Navigation system.

So far I have tried going to maps.google.com and selecting a location, then choosing send to car, but it only list Nissan CarWings and ask for an account number which I don't seem to have. On my iphone i cannot find anything that gives me the option. Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2012, 09:11 PM

Did you setup and register on the nissan website for the service? It's under the owners link, or just go here:
https://owners.nissanusa.com/
Once you set it up, there is a NissanConnect tab, then a NissanConnect Google Services button is on the left. The page that come up from there will show your subscription if yo've set it up.

Wes
2013 Nissan Altima 3.5 SV Metallic Slate with Navigation
Old 09-20-2012, 09:19 PM

I am registered with Nissan and the status for Nissan Connect Google services is activated. I guess my question is that the google send to car tab says "Find your destinations on Google Maps and simply send them to the navigation system. But it doesn't list a step by step on how to go about doing this.

Sorry if this is confusing and I'm sure it's something really simple but for some reason I'm just not getting it.
Old 09-21-2012, 12:57 AM
PaulieJ

I am having the same issues and can not find any info on how to use this service anywhere! Very frustrating, I called the dealership, the had no clue -- i was told, it was too early in the production to know how to do that. I just emailed Nissan and asked, if I get an answer I will post it here.
Old 09-21-2012, 01:07 AM

From Google Maps, locate your destination, then choose send to car it should have the location at the top (address your mapping to), Nissan as the make of the car. Your Nissan account is the email address you used to register and log into your account on the Nissan site.

After that you hit send. Go into your car ( you must already have a BT phone paired with the car) Hit Google send to car, you will have to register or sign in the 1st time. Use your email (same as above) and password to access the Nissan site. Took me a few times to figure it out. Not well documented in the manual. When you update you will see your phone light up and make a short call to download.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Topdawg1; 09-21-2012 at 01:10 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Topdawg1 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2012, 01:33 AM
PaulieJ

Thanks TopDawg, for some reason when I hit the Link symbol in maps the only option that comes up in Google maps is Email, no car option. I could have sworn that when I looked at it before the car was delivered the Car option was there. I'm all registered with Nissan connect the google poi's work fine, but the send to car feature doesn't work, which is something I really wanted when I purchased the SL /Tech pkg becuase I do so much driving for work.
Old 09-21-2012, 01:51 AM

I have seen it not come up but can not determine why. It always seems to work for me if i choose a red balloon location and choose more then send. In fact it wouldn't come up for a business i located on the map. I had to right click on the map and choose "Whats here" then click the red balloon for it to give me the option.
Old 09-21-2012, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjhafer View Post
Thanks TopDawg, for some reason when I hit the Link symbol in maps the only option that comes up in Google maps is Email, no car option. I could have sworn that when I looked at it before the car was delivered the Car option was there. I'm all registered with Nissan connect the google poi's work fine, but the send to car feature doesn't work, which is something I really wanted when I purchased the SL /Tech pkg becuase I do so much driving for work.
Google disabled the send-to-car function from all mobile browsers long ago. You have to use desktop browser to use the send-to-car function. The only webbrowser I found that can send info to car for iPhone is Cloudbrowser. iSwifter for iPad works well also. We should encourage Nissan to release a mobile app ( iPhone/android) that allow us owners to take advantage of the tech package, much like BMW,Sonata owners with their iPhone apps.
Old 09-21-2012, 04:57 PM

There's also an android app appropriately named "send to car" which enables you to send the address from your phone's google maps to the car. I downloaded it but don't yet have the altima to test it out with.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mrpacman For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2012, 11:16 PM

Thanks, the app work well. Just tested it, then went to my car and connected to the service and there it was. Thanks!
Old 09-22-2012, 01:41 AM
PaulieJ

Thanks, everyone. I didn't think to try a different browser, I am using only my desktop, I had heard a while ago that it didn't work on iPhone / android. I will have to keep trying desktop browsers. Also will download the send to car app for my iphone and try that. Oh by the way, i had a response from Nissan today........."please consult your dealership for instructions" -- while in the question i posed to them, I told them that the dealership didn't know how to make it work either....now that's customer support!
Old 09-22-2012, 02:51 AM
PaulieJ

After everyones suggestions, I found that it works on Google Chrome browser from the desktop. If you are running a Mac, it does not show up in google maps if using Safari as your browser. Apple doesn't like to play well with others do they??!
Old 10-01-2012, 02:12 AM

Does anyone know how to clear the addresses that have previously been sent to the car?
The Following User Says Thank You to treetopflyn For This Useful Post:
Old 10-01-2012, 01:00 PM
Scotty

For you Canadians looking at Connecting to Google here is the canadian owners site:

https://canada.nissanconnect.com/owners/vehicles
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scott1243 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-01-2012, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott1243 View Post
For you Canadians looking at Connecting to Google here is the canadian owners site:

https://canada.nissanconnect.com/owners/vehicles
Thank you very much! I just registered successfully and it activated instantly.
Got 3 years free on Google POI and Send to Car. 2 months free for weather, flight info and fuel prices.
The Google Search POI is great experience. It returned even the phone number of the business. Great when looking for resturants. I could call for reservations right the way after search.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Nissan - Infiniti Enthusiast Forums > NISSAN ALTIMA FORUMS > *NEW* 2013+ NISSAN ALTIMA Forum > 2013+ Nissan Altima Discussion (2.5 & 3.5)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.