LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 09-25-2012, 02:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Heated Seats & Steering Wheel

I have the 2.5SL.

Yesterday, I had the opportunity of trying out the heated seat and noticed that the seat back did not heat up at all. Is this normal for this car? The seat backs heated up in my 2010 Maxima.

I also noticed that the steering wheel did not heat up as quickly, nor as warm as it did on my 2010 Maxima.

Any comments/advice?

Thanks ...
Bob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-25-2012, 02:45 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
I haven't tried it for long so I'm not sure if eventually heat reaches shoulder height but the lower backs heat up.

2013 3.5 SL. DOB: 8/13/12
#3 Old 09-25-2012, 02:52 PM

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrDm View Post
I haven't tried it for long so I'm not sure if eventually heat reaches shoulder height but the lower backs heat up.
It was on for quite some time and the seat cushion itself got nice and warm, but the seat back, including the lower part, did not heat up. They did heat up on my Max, but only the lower part. On a '08 Azera I had, the seat backs heated up all the way to shoulder height.

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.
#4 Old 09-25-2012, 03:35 PM

I noticed that it took a long time for the steering wheel to heat up as well. And it seems like the top (in between 10 and 2) is really the only section that gets really warm. The actually 10 and 2 position where the steering wheel jets out to grip on to, doesn't really get warm at all.
I haven't tried the seats yet, but from what I remember seeing in the picture of the button, that the heat looked like it would just be heating the bottom portion of the seats. (I could be wrong though).
#5 Old 09-25-2012, 03:41 PM

Funny that this subject came up. the other day I used my Steering wheel heater for the first time. To my surprise it got so damn hot it was hard to hold onto the wheel with out feeling like I was burning my hands. I would have to guess the temp at about 140-150 F in temp.... This morning and yesterday it was just fine and didnt heat up to the temp that it was before. seemed to regulate its temp like it was suppose to. Anyone else had something like this happen to them?
#6 Old 09-27-2012, 06:24 AM

(Thread Starter)
Heated Seats

OK, now I know I have a problem. Last night and again today I tested both front seats. When I had the heat switch set to HI, the seat cushion became very warm, but the seat backs did not heat up at all. When I set the heat switch to LO, both seat cushions warmed up, but not as much as on HI, yet the seat backs got very warm, much warmer than the seat cushions did. Now, that was not how my previous Maxima's worked and I am positive that it is not how these seats are supposed to work, so I am making an appointment to take it in to the dealer. Either bad switches, or incorrect wiring, no doubt.
#7 Old 09-27-2012, 06:27 AM

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nu-vapor View Post
Funny that this subject came up. the other day I used my Steering wheel heater for the first time. To my surprise it got so damn hot it was hard to hold onto the wheel with out feeling like I was burning my hands. I would have to guess the temp at about 140-150 F in temp.... This morning and yesterday it was just fine and didnt heat up to the temp that it was before. seemed to regulate its temp like it was suppose to. Anyone else had something like this happen to them?
My 2010 Maxima's heated steering wheel would get pretty darn warm, but not enough to burn my hands ... I would consider it 'hot' however. My 2013 Altima's heated steering wheel hardly heats up at all compared to my '10 Max.
#8 Old 10-02-2012, 02:34 AM

(Thread Starter)
Heated Seats

Has no one else had a problem with their heated seats in HI or LO positions, experiencing the same problem mine exhibits???
#9 Old 10-02-2012, 02:53 AM

Tried mine. Heating is at the seat and the lower back area. Same as my other car. Did you happen to have the lumbar support pushed far out? I could imagine that would cause delay for the heat to travel out to the surface.
#10 Old 10-02-2012, 03:05 AM

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honva View Post
Tried mine. Heating is at the seat and the lower back area. Same as my other car. Did you happen to have the lumbar support pushed far out? I could imagine that would cause delay for the heat to travel out to the surface.
No, lumbar support was not way out, but I am having the same problem with both driver and passenger seats. On HI setting only the seat cushions get very warm, seat backs no heat. On LO setting, seat cushions get warm and seat backs get very warm, as they should in the HI setting.

I was just wondering if anyone else had this problem. Mine is going in on Thur to the dealer. I believe it's either bad switches, or incorrect wiring to the switches ... we will see come Thur.

Thanks for your reply, I appreciate it.
#11 Old 10-02-2012, 03:56 AM

My wheel at times gets VERY hot and then at other times its just the right temp. I am also going to be having them look at that.
#12 Old 10-02-2012, 05:24 AM

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nu-vapor View Post
My wheel at times gets VERY hot and then at other times its just the right temp. I am also going to be having them look at that.
Does the entire steering wheel, all the way around, get hot/warm, or just parts of it?

Also, how are your heated seats acting (see my description above)?

I had a 2010 Maxima that the heated seats worked as they should and the steering wheel would get pretty darn warm (loved it in the winter here) throughout the entire wheel, not just parts of it.

Thanks for your reply.
#13 Old 10-02-2012, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGB47 View Post
Does the entire steering wheel, all the way around, get hot/warm, or just parts of it?

Also, how are your heated seats acting (see my description above)?

I had a 2010 Maxima that the heated seats worked as they should and the steering wheel would get pretty darn warm (loved it in the winter here) throughout the entire wheel, not just parts of it.

Thanks for your reply.
The steering wheel does get warm at 10, 12, 2, 4 and 7 from what I can remember. Again at times these areas get pretty damn hot and then other times they are just perfect in temp.

As far as the seats I notice that the bottom warms and so does the lumbar area (I have the lumbar all the way out)

Also noticed that when I had to use the defroster in the front and cranked the fan speed all the way up I was getting a vibration sound from behind the dash. I used my wifes car as a comparison and hers doesnt have the vibration like mine.
#14 Old 10-04-2012, 04:40 PM

(Thread Starter)
Heated Seats - Something Weird

I just got back from the dealer having had an appt to have my heated seats (both) checked out. Again, here is how mine are operating, and I do not think they are supposed to operate this way:

2013 2.5SL - Smyrna - 6/12

HI - Seat cushions get very, very, very warm. Seat backs do not get even 'luke warm'.

LO - Seat cushions do NOT heat, seat backs get very, very, very warm.

Myself, the technician, and the service writer checked the operation on two other 2013SL's there in he service lot waiting for 'get ready'. I noted both of these cars were also made in Smyrna. The seats in both of these other cars worked the same way as mine do.

The service writer and the technician both said it didn't make sense the way the operate, but they are going to contact Nissan about it and will get back to me within a few days.

I know all of my previous cars, including my 2010 Maxima, the seats worked as one would think they should, that being on HI both seat cushion and seat back heat up quite niceley and evenly and on LO both heat to a lesser extent.

For those having the heated seats I would really appreciate if you would check yours out real good and let me know what you find on your car.

Thanks very much!

Last edited by RGB47; 10-04-2012 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Left out info
#15 Old 10-04-2012, 04:46 PM

(Thread Starter)
Heated Steering Wheel

FYI ... info from the technician this morning.

2013 2.5SL

As with the steering wheel not heating up like my 2010 Maxima did, when I was at the dealer this morning the technician (he had just returned to work today after being in NJ for schooling on the new Altima) told me that the entire steering wheel will not heat up as it did in the Maxima, only the portions on the left and right (8 - 10 and 2 - 4 o'clock) are heated ... after being on for awhile the heat will spread towards the top and bottom of the wheel, but will not get hot like my Maxima did.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Nissan - Infiniti Enthusiast Forums > NISSAN ALTIMA FORUMS > *NEW* 2013+ NISSAN ALTIMA Forum > 2013+ Nissan Altima Discussion (2.5 & 3.5)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

<

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode