Colors??? - Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 11-27-2012, 04:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Colors???

Heading out today after work to look at '13s. Having a hard time deciding between the Storm Blue, Sahara Stone and Pearl White. Anyone want to try to sway me one way or another?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-27-2012, 05:08 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JStapel View Post
Heading out today after work to look at '13s. Having a hard time deciding between the Storm Blue, Sahara Stone and Pearl White. Anyone want to try to sway me one way or another?
I looked at those exact colors. What I really wanted was the Navy Blue Metallic that they used on the 2012s. Unfortunately they did not carry it over to 2013.

At first I didn't like the Storm Blue because it had too much gray in it, but I did wind up buying that color. I always like white but I have a white van and I had a white sedan so I shied away from it to get something different this time. The Saharan Stone is very nice and you don't see that color around much for any cars. It is also light so it will stay cool and it also shouldn't show the dirt too much. My Storm Blue does show dust and water spots quite well but I do like it--no regrets.

BTW, on the service invoice for my car they show the color as "graphite," which I think is a better description than Storm Blue.
The Following User Says Thank You to LMK5 For This Useful Post:
#3 Old 11-27-2012, 05:17 PM

White usually holds better value during resell and don't need to wash as frequent (dirty don't show up as much).
Storm blue has a premium look when combined with the many chrome pieces on the 13 Altima. It also blends well with the rubber weather strips. As a bonus, you get 3 colors in one with the storm blue. Blue under direct sun or moonlight. Black when overcast. Greenish during sunset.
#4 Old 11-27-2012, 05:44 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honva View Post
White usually holds better value during resell and don't need to wash as frequent (dirty don't show up as much).
Storm blue has a premium look when combined with the many chrome pieces on the 13 Altima. It also blends well with the rubber weather strips. As a bonus, you get 3 colors in one with the storm blue. Blue under direct sun or moonlight. Black when overcast. Greenish during sunset.
Interestingly, it looks most blue when in my garage under flourescent lights.
#5 Old 11-27-2012, 07:05 PM

Those three colors plus metallic jave are all on my list. My wife wants white so that is what we'll get. The white Frontier and the white Altima should look good sitting next to each other in the garage. I also like the metallic slate because the grill matches the car color.
#6 Old 11-27-2012, 09:20 PM

I was torn between the MJ, SB, and PW. I ordered SB based on the colors on nissan's web site and was slightly upset when i finally saw the real color. Now after 3 months the SB is my favorite color, mostly due to what is described above as being very "shifty" in various light. I also love how it looks tinted and how it blends well with the black and chrome accents.

03 350Z Crawford 265 Cams, Plenum, Headers, Cats, Big Bore TB, Fujitsubo Ti Exhaust, TS ECU, JWT Intake, Clutch, Flywheel
09 Xterra X - 6MT
2013 Altima 2.5 SV Storm Blue
#7 Old 11-27-2012, 10:30 PM

(Thread Starter)
Looks like it is going to be the Storm Blue.
#8 Old 11-29-2012, 05:23 PM

Java Metallic!!

2013 Altima 2.5SV (Java Metallic exterior + Charcoal interior) w/o convenience or tech package
Paid $21,900 + tax/lic/reg/doc
#9 Old 11-29-2012, 05:54 PM

I wish I went white. I liked the classy look of the black, but the white looks even better if you keep it waxed, tint the windows, and black out the wheels and maybe even the chrome accents.

2013 Altima 2.5 SV
Added: 5000k HID lows; LEDs for license plate, doors, and courtesy lights; Weathertech mats; footwell lighting kit
To-Do list: HID fogs; 30% window tints; LED for glovebox light; debadge trunk; plastidip front and rear chrome trim; smoke tail lights
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Nissan - Infiniti Enthusiast Forums > NISSAN ALTIMA FORUMS > *NEW* 2013+ NISSAN ALTIMA Forum > 2013+ Nissan Altima Discussion (2.5 & 3.5)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

<

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode