2013 altima 2.5 issues - Page 2 - Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 12-11-2012, 12:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Same issue with 2013 3.5 SL

I have a 3.5 SL with 2,700 miles on it. I have an intermittent shuddering at slow accelleration between 10 and 25 MPH. Shudder lasts about a second which is enough time for 3 or 4 shudders or slips. In addition it experiences signifacnt rpm drop (feels like downshift) at low acceleration between 20 and 30 MPH. Dealer says this is normal with Gen 7 CVT. I also own a 2012 Murano and have owned 2006 and 2009 Muranos plus a 2009 Maxima all with CVT's and have never add this symptom/problem. Very dissapointing especially when opting for the 3.5 trading gas mileage for performance.

My car is currently in the shop and I am driving a 2013 Altima 2.5 and it is not demonstrating these issues. The service manager said Nissan did issue program change for the 2.5 which has reduced the shudder. I hope Nissan will soon issue a correction for there customers who paid a significant premium for the 3.5.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 12-11-2012, 01:34 PM
rah

petehv that shudder and slipping is not normal for this car. they have already replaced the CVT in mine and this was done per nissan. mine seemed ok for about a week after the CVT replacement and now problem is right back. i would venture to say a updated software flash will be coming down the line. meanwhile we are stuck with this issue. see my post under cvt please read. add your name and i will show this to a nissan rep very shortly. good luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to rah For This Useful Post:
#18 Old 12-11-2012, 02:29 PM

There is already a thread on this http://www.nissanclub.com/forums/201...und-noise.html
#19 Old 12-12-2012, 12:13 AM

Oil changed and tire pressure

had my oil changed today by dealer and they used a 5w30 oil in my 2.5 new altima. the manual says to use 0w20, is this going to hurt my mileage or the engine. Also the tire pressure was set to 38 lbs. The sticker inside the drivers door says that the tires should be set to 33 lbs. Why would they set this so high and use such a different weight oil. while talk to the service rep the mechanic that worked on my car also said that about every 3rd tankful of gas it would not hurt to fill it with premium grade of fuel, whats up with this ? should I be concerned as the owners manual contradicts all of this. Has this happen to any one else? I'm kind of stumped at all of this.
#20 Old 12-12-2012, 12:25 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
while nissan and the manual recommends 0w-20 for the '13 2.5, nissan does allow it to run with 5w-30 for the ppl who dont want to pay for synthetic oil. it does not hurt the engine, but it will not get the mpg range as advertised with the 0w-20. a good service advisor should mention the choice of conventional and synthetic but most dont. 33psi is the cold inflation rating, when a car comes in for service i can pretty much guarantee the tires are not cold so the tire is already at a higher psi or set higher in psi.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

05 IS300|5spd
73 240z|4spd

Last edited by the.wong.kid; 12-12-2012 at 12:57 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to the.wong.kid For This Useful Post:
#21 Old 12-12-2012, 12:35 AM

I would have thought putting in 0w20 oil would have been standard practice as this was my cars first oil change especially having been performed by the dealership.
#22 Old 12-12-2012, 12:43 AM

the last gen altima hybrids recommend 0w-20 and current maximas, 370z, and muranos recommend ester oil. but no customer ever does it. iunno if its the lack of communication or advisors dont ask, or just plain customer refusal because of price. was your first oil change complimentary?

im merely the guy doing the work, i do ask the advisor when a hybrid comes and for a oil change, but they say no and i dun waste anymore time asking why. if they screwed up, well pay me another .2 time for drain and fill

05 IS300|5spd
73 240z|4spd

Last edited by the.wong.kid; 12-12-2012 at 12:46 AM.
#23 Old 12-12-2012, 12:47 AM

yes it was.
#24 Old 12-12-2012, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodmann View Post
yes it was.
that maybe the prob, complimentary oil changes or special deal oil change offers exclude synthetic and gtr oil per nissan. on the side note, non synthetic oil is proper for breaking in period of the engine. just ask for 0W-20 at your next 3750 interval.

05 IS300|5spd
73 240z|4spd

The Following User Says Thank You to the.wong.kid For This Useful Post:
#25 Old 12-15-2012, 10:14 PM

Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbc View Post
I've driven 4 different 2.5's and they all felt about the same. But there could be more unit-to- unit variation than I've experienced.

I've been a little mystified about the severity of the symptom some have reported. I noticed it immediately in my first test drive of a 2.5 but elected to purchase one anyway. Although i didn't care for it, I never found it to be intolerably offensive. Maybe some of the cars are much worse than others.
The more noticeable vibration is not in all of the vehicles. I drove several 2.5SL cars before getting the one I purchased through dealer trade. I have 2.5SL with tech package. The other 2.5SL vehicles I drove did not have the issue I am experiencing. I noticed it the minute I drove it after it was delivered. I almost did not purchase, but decided to go ahead, convinced I was imagining it or that it would not stay a problem. One thread mentioned it could be related to tension issue on a belt pulley. I think it is a combination between vibration in the engine and the CVT vibration. I have mentioned to the tech that maybe it was engine mount vibration. I also experience a slight shake in the drivers side mirror, which is on the side of the transmission. ????
#26 Old 12-18-2012, 02:20 PM

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad yeah View Post
The more noticeable vibration is not in all of the vehicles. I drove several 2.5SL cars before getting the one I purchased through dealer trade. I have 2.5SL with tech package. The other 2.5SL vehicles I drove did not have the issue I am experiencing. I noticed it the minute I drove it after it was delivered. I almost did not purchase, but decided to go ahead, convinced I was imagining it or that it would not stay a problem. One thread mentioned it could be related to tension issue on a belt pulley. I think it is a combination between vibration in the engine and the CVT vibration. I have mentioned to the tech that maybe it was engine mount vibration. I also experience a slight shake in the drivers side mirror, which is on the side of the transmission. ????
Tad, call Nissan customer care at 1800 647 7261 option 7 then 3 and report the vibration-noise issue, make sure you're assigned a case number.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Nissan - Infiniti Enthusiast Forums > NISSAN ALTIMA FORUMS > *NEW* 2013+ NISSAN ALTIMA Forum > 2013+ Nissan Altima Discussion (2.5 & 3.5)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

<

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode