Terrible wiper blades? - Page 3 - Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#31 Old 03-27-2013, 09:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gfc001 View Post
The drivers side blade sucks. Had it back to them twice. They put on a new blade the first time but the second time they said "they couldnt duplicate the problem". This car sucks.
Wow, car sucks because of a junk wiper blade? Damn man.

Altima 2013 2.5 SL
Mods: HIDs 5000k low beams(XB35Bulbs),Racingline front strut bar, BT Led footwells front and back, CFL Truck lights, yellow film on parking lights, LED's license plate lights, LED Foglights 6000k 20watt and Installed led DRL's

Next mods : Mud guards, Front lip, and Short Ram intake.

Chemical Guys and Mothers products to keep it clean.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 03-27-2013, 10:01 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gfc001 View Post
The drivers side blade sucks. Had it back to them twice. They put on a new blade the first time but the second time they said "they couldnt duplicate the problem". This car sucks.
Just spend 20 bucks and get a rain x blade. Problem solved.
#33 Old 04-02-2013, 07:34 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
its not a cheap car.. if ur talking about a kia thats cheap a 16k car is cheap. 30k isnt cheap. the car has issues that come with a 1st yr thats to be expected and seeing how they are redoing 5 cars all within a yr a few problems here and there arent bad. ive got one step below the top of the line 2.5 cause im not a fan of leather seats so i got and SV with Connivence package. love the car its huge upgrade from my Silvia on coils this is a smooth ride if you've drive a daily driver on coils you know what i mean. small issues like wipers is nothing to over react over. you have to take into consideration that the car has been setting at the dealer in the sun for who know how long and wipers dry out from sun damage even if you dont use them often. any how the wipers on line worked ok used them for the first time today since i've had the car 3 wks. worked good little streaky but my car is on the dirty side so all the dust on the windshield surely didn't help them any

Last edited by Cruz13Java; 04-02-2013 at 07:39 AM.
#34 Old 04-02-2013, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruz13java View Post
its not a cheap car.. If ur talking about a kia thats cheap a 16k car is cheap. 30k isnt cheap. The car has issues that come with a 1st yr thats to be expected and seeing how they are redoing 5 cars all within a yr a few problems here and there arent bad. Ive got one step below the top of the line 2.5 cause im not a fan of leather seats so i got and sv with connivence package. Love the car its huge upgrade from my silvia on coils this is a smooth ride if you've drive a daily driver on coils you know what i mean. Small issues like wipers is nothing to over react over. You have to take into consideration that the car has been setting at the dealer in the sun for who know how long and wipers dry out from sun damage even if you dont use them often. Any how the wipers on line worked ok used them for the first time today since i've had the car 3 wks. Worked good little streaky but my car is on the dirty side so all the dust on the windshield surely didn't help them any
this ^
#35 Old 09-05-2013, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhutch1010 View Post
The only real issue that is serious is the CVT issue. All other things are things that come with a cheaper built car.
What is this CVT issue? I just bought a used 2013 Altima SL 2.5 and so far there are no issues. Even the wiper blades work fine in the rain and don't streak. And no wiper blades are prefect in the snow. I had Rain X Latitude blades on my Impala and I didn't care for them. I prefer Bosch Icons for that application. Again, the curve of the windshield and the type of blade you use can make a big difference. So just because the Windshield Wipers may be defective doesn't make the entire car a piece of junk. So far I am very happy with my purchase. This thing has everything except the kitchen sink and everything is working as it should. The only thing I noticed when I changed the oil yesterday is that it has a tiny little oil filter. My Motorcycle has a bigger one than this Altima but I guess it does the job.

So tell me about this horrible CVT issue I should know about?!!

2013 Pearl White Nissan Altima SL
2012 Tornado Red VW Beetle Turbo
#36 Old 09-05-2013, 03:16 AM

There is huge thread on the front page about it. Basically, a rumble around 1500 rpms.
#37 Old 09-05-2013, 09:46 AM

messi do you have an 13 altima with a lot of issues?
#38 Old 09-05-2013, 06:47 PM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
My wipers were faulty and I got them replaced today from the dealer so far so good we'll see what happens in the long run. I got the car in May of this year.
#39 Old 09-05-2013, 08:49 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
It rained the night I took delivery they worked perfect. I only had an issue once and it was after my car was covered in crap from a tree

Current:
2013 Nissan Altima Storm Blue 2.5 SL with technology package
Old:
2011 Nissan Altima Navy Blue 2.5 S special edition
2003 Kia Optima Black
1996 Toyota Corolla Gold
#40 Old 09-05-2013, 09:03 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
It's a Nissan thing to have shitty wipers. I had to replace my 2010 Maxima blades within a few months because they sucked and I am waiting for a deal to replace my Altima's blades. They are very streaky almost like something is on the windshield. Terrible.

To be FAIR. My cousin had an 2009 G37 and now a 2012 G37 both had the same shitty wiper blades as the Maxima. He replaced them very quickly too. So it seems to be a bargain basement item for Nissan.

On the contrast - I had an 07 Accord with GREAT factory wipers. Every few oil changes I swapped out the rubbers using a $10/pair refill from Honda.

Julian
Current Ride: 2015 BMW 428i Gran Coupe M-Sport
Prior Ride: 2013 Nissan Altima 3.5SL w/ Tech (LEMON!)
#41 Old 09-05-2013, 09:29 PM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbirdw68 View Post
It's a Nissan thing to have shitty wipers. I had to replace my 2010 Maxima blades within a few months because they sucked and I am waiting for a deal to replace my Altima's blades. They are very streaky almost like something is on the windshield. Terrible.

To be FAIR. My cousin had an 2009 G37 and now a 2012 G37 both had the same shitty wiper blades as the Maxima. He replaced them very quickly too. So it seems to be a bargain basement item for Nissan.

On the contrast - I had an 07 Accord with GREAT factory wipers. Every few oil changes I swapped out the rubbers using a $10/pair refill from Honda.
Honda does have good wipers, I always bought factory wipers when I had Honda's and they cost about the same as aftermarket ones. Guess I won't be doing that with my Nissan's!

Wes
2013 Nissan Altima 3.5 SV Metallic Slate with Navigation
#42 Old 09-06-2013, 05:48 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
My passenger side blade does a good job, but my drivers side leaves a streak about 3 inches wide right in my field of view. It sucks so bad. Luckily It hasn't rained very much since i've had the car but now that the seasons will be changing soon I definitely need to replace the crappy blades.
#43 Old 09-06-2013, 05:57 AM

Garage
Have you tried using a clay bar on your windshield/razor it and using alcohol wipes on the blades?

Scion FRS
10 Series

#44 Old 09-06-2013, 01:25 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
I noticed streaky results from my blades when I took delivery on my vehicle as well. This was back in February of this year. HAven't gotten any better with time. I am going to have to replace these as well. Winter is coming, and Ohio winters SUCK. I agree with what westly197 said about Honda wipers. AWESOME. I owned a 2009 Accord prior to my alty, and it had awesome wiper blades, and I too would buy OEM blades. But, not this time with Nissan...ugh...I'm really starting to miss my Honda...
#45 Old 09-06-2013, 05:14 PM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trindawg40 View Post
I noticed streaky results from my blades when I took delivery on my vehicle as well. This was back in February of this year. HAven't gotten any better with time. I am going to have to replace these as well. Winter is coming, and Ohio winters SUCK. I agree with what westly197 said about Honda wipers. AWESOME. I owned a 2009 Accord prior to my alty, and it had awesome wiper blades, and I too would buy OEM blades. But, not this time with Nissan...ugh...I'm really starting to miss my Honda...
That's exactly what I had, one time it got really bad for me that I had to pull over to wait for the rain to stop. Do what I did and get a warranty exchange if things still happen I would get rid of the OEM ones and get either Bosch or Rain-X. Still can't believe that I'm not the only one with this same problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Nissan - Infiniti Enthusiast Forums > NISSAN ALTIMA FORUMS > *NEW* 2013+ NISSAN ALTIMA Forum > 2013+ Nissan Altima Discussion (2.5 & 3.5)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

<

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode