Intelligent smart key not working - Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 06-15-2013, 03:04 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Intelligent smart key not working

Does anyone know what would make my Intelligent smart key to stop working ? I put a new battery in it but none of the buttons will work ,however if I have the key fob on my person I can manually unlock the doors by pressing the center button on the door handle and also manually open the trunk and sitting inside of car the engine will start as normal. My question is how do I get the fob buttons to work again, or is the key fob shot and do I need to get a new one? The one that I have is only 9 months old. Is there a easy fix for this or is there something that might be shut off that I don't know about? My second key fob that came with the car works fine, Anyone got any answers that I could try to get my intelligent smart key to start working like it is suppose to?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-15-2013, 01:52 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zodmann View Post
Does anyone know what would make my Intelligent smart key to stop working ? I put a new battery in it but none of the buttons will work ,however if I have the key fob on my person I can manually unlock the doors by pressing the center button on the door handle and also manually open the trunk and sitting inside of car the engine will start as normal. My question is how do I get the fob buttons to work again, or is the key fob shot and do I need to get a new one? The one that I have is only 9 months old. Is there a easy fix for this or is there something that might be shut off that I don't know about? My second key fob that came with the car works fine, Anyone got any answers that I could try to get my intelligent smart key to start working like it is suppose to?

I have an answer, your local Nissan dealer. This is why you have a warranty. Use it. Let them fix your problem.
#3 Old 06-15-2013, 08:24 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Smile Key problem resolved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodmann View Post
After searching the internet for my Intelligent key problem that had stopped working here is the answer that worked.
Remove key from the back of key fob, press start button twice inside of car but be sure not to start the vehicle. Next get out of car and close the door, insert metal key into drivers side key slot on door handle and turn key to lock and unlock position once. Go back into car and shut off ignition by pressing start button once, ignition is now off. Problem fixed, this worked for me which saved me time and effort running back to the dealer. Note this may have to be done again when changing a dead key fob battery, not to mention it might just save someone about a $100 .00 or more.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to zodmann For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Nissan - Infiniti Enthusiast Forums > NISSAN ALTIMA FORUMS > *NEW* 2013+ NISSAN ALTIMA Forum > 2013+ Nissan Altima Discussion (2.5 & 3.5)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

<

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode