The Nissan Club banner

vent visors

9K views 55 replies 14 participants last post by  gannygoat 
#1 ·
I am look for window vent visors and sunroof deflector...I haven't found anyone that makes it for the 13 Altima. Do you guys know of a company that makes them yet?

#6 ·
I've seen mention on some forums of using a solar panel to power the climate control fan while youre parked. Don't really know how easy it is to set up, but if you're the handy do-it-yourself type maybe you'd want to Google and take a swing at it....

#8 ·
AVS just now made an in channel vent visor for the 2013-2015 Altima. It's part number 194861. AVS doesn't sell it directly and most of the major parts places don't have it yet so google it if you need to find a seller. I got mine at BumperSuperstore.com, and they in turn bought it from AVS directly; in other words it ships from AVS no matter who sells it to you.

I broke mine already and AVS is shipping a replacement. The in-channel set for my 2013 Malibu was all in channel and I put the Altima one on like that too. But there is one tab without double sided tape that was supposed to tuck in the door trim outside of the window trim. Message me if you get it and I will explain better how to install.

#10 ·
Every product has to glue on somehow in channel just doesn't glue to the exterior part of the door and glues in between the weather stripping and the glass. It looks way classier then the one's that glue on the outside of the door.

#14 ·
#13 ·
The forum said I can't post bigger pictures so I have to wait until I can get to my computer and adjust some to just the right size.

#15 ·
When I looked up the weathertech I could only find sets of 2 I needed a set of 4 because I have a sedan. And I also wasn't looking for more than $100 so maybe that's why they didn't come up in my search. To each their own. I'm happy with what I've got. Also I've owned my car for a whole month today it's not as if I looked very long.

#16 ·
i had avs on my previous car and they worked good so i might just bite the bullet and order these... don't want to spend over $100 on the WT
@jeffh how long did it take for shipping?

#20 ·
I'm looking for the WT set and all I can find is $75 for a 2 piece set. Where did you get yours?

Google claimed the price was $50 when I contacted several sellers they had to drop ship from AVS directly and it was $70.xx after shipping.

#23 ·
Let us know how y'all like them after trying them out!! I am in need of some!

#24 ·
They look great on my car apart from the one being held together by duct tape until the replacement arrives:) however at the a-pillar I've lost a lot of view when turning in parking lots and such. This car already has a pretty wide a-pillar and pretty close to my face and the vent visors 2 inches wide. Imagine if you will, losing the ability to see from the a-pillar to the mirror. When I get a chance to take pictures I'll show you what I mean.

#29 ·
I picked up the sunroof deflector

From the dealer. Worth it in My opinion. Thick, heavy And held on by brackets. You can Use the adHesive Too but I did not. No issues, had it for a year. Does cut down on the wind noise.

#35 ·
So, I'm a little disappointed. Two of my windows won't roll up, because they hit the in-channel part. It seems like an issue that could be solved with more 3M tape. The visors come with tape fully along the top part, but not both on the left and right, only on one of those sides. For example, in the pic below, it didn't come with tape on the flange in the channel where it's circled. Which, is the part the window hits.

I'm going to try to take them off tomorrow, and put new tape on, on all the flanges. I just hope the tape isn't a bitch to get off, and gets stuck inside the channel.

#41 ·
LOL yeah you didn't install it correctly. I did the same thing. That tab goes outside the rubber strip not inside where the window runs but not all the way outside the car. It's silly but it works well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.