The Nissan Club banner

Trunk not closing while car is on?

4K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  MissJC 
#1 ·
Has this happened to anyone? My boyfriend was putting some stuff in the trunk while I was in the drivers seat yesterday, and the trunk WOULD NOT close several times until I shut the car off. This hasn't ever happened before...

Glitch? Ironically, before that, I got that weird "No key detected" crap when my daughter was going from the front to the back seat prior to my boyfriend returning to the car. Moved the key fob to the center console from the place where you plug your phone in, and then that warning went away.

Any ideas?

#5 ·
Nope. He didn't have his keyfob on him that day since I dropped him off at work and picked him up. My keyfob was on me. Plus, his keyfob isn't working, another thing I have to have them address at the dealership today...sigh. (Yes, we checked the battery, wasn't it.)

#9 ·
Sounds like the latch somehow got in the closed (locked) position while the trunk was open. This happened once on my Toyota Camry. The thing to remember is just don't keep slaming it, you could damage the latch. Truning the car off and back on is a good idea. On the Camry I had to pry the latch open with a screwdriver, close the trunk, then restart the car to get it back in sync.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.