The Nissan Club banner

CV Boot Ripped

6K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  sillymichi 
#1 ·
I got my oil changed yesterday and was informed that my CV boot was ripped. I have a 2013 Altima with 37K on it. The service advisor who informed me seemed like a complete idiot. I called a different nissan dealer that is close to work and asked if it was covered under warranty. He said he didn't think so and he would need to see it. He also said he never heard of one ripping so soon and he may take pictures and send it to Nissan.

Has anyone else had an issue?

#3 ·
It is early. The guy at the dealer I called agreed. He said he's been doing this for 31 years and he's never seen that before in a newer car. It usually happens in older cars or cars with over 100k on it. He sounded like he would do what he could to get it covered by Nissan. It sounds like a defective part to me.

Reactions: TASCAPARTS
#4 ·
I just came back from the dealer where I went to get my tires rotated and oil changed.
My 2013 Altima 3.5 SL only has 22,663 miles (about 10,000 miles a year).

When my car was done, the service person told me that my "Driver side inner axle boot is leaking, and they will need to replace". It will be covered under warranty.

Under warranty, the quote is $304.59 - $250 labor, $34.59 parts, other fees $20.00

If I have to get this fixed after warranty as often as I had to replace GM poor window regulators, I will be pissed.

#6 ·
My 2003 4Runner's boots leaked around 50k because the clamps they put on where crap. So I am not surprised to hear other's boots are leaking, but I am disappointed that this would even happen. I will inspect my boots on the next oil change.

#7 ·
So i ended up going to the dealer close to work to get it fixed. The guys showed me there was a pinhole in the boot and because it wasn't a tear in a seam, and thus a defect, it wouldn't be covered under warranty. So they ordered a new boot and said it would be about $280 or so. I dropped my car off on a Friday and expected it to be done same day. I got a call in the afternoon from the service adviser that they had accidentally ordered a boot for a 4 cyl and not for a 6 and apparently you can't order just a boot for the 6. You have to get a whole new axle!! The guy gave me a rental ( a versa note.. worst car i've ever driven, it felt so unsafe!!! plus i was upset i didn't have my car after having just gotten my windows tinted the previous weekend). Anyway, so i had free rental for a few days until the new axle came in and the guy somehow warrantied it for me...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.