The Nissan Club banner

New Nav. Update D207 Released

28K views 86 replies 32 participants last post by  Hillstones 
#1 ·
I have not had a chance to read the TSB yet , I receive Nissan Tech Alerts on my smartphone and this one came through today.

This update improves the following

1. improved stability , fewer reboots and blank screens.
2. reduced XM loading message
3. resolves intermittent audio issues
4. corrects sound levels not corresponding to settings for bass,treble etc.
5. adds the ability to reboot the unit by holding the power button on the audio unit.
6. Adds S/XM Smart Favorite: allows pause/rewind and replay features like on a DVD player.

Dealerships have not received the USB drive as of yet , but we will get it soon.

#9 ·
Ah about time!!! Dealer called me today to schedule mine in Monday to get this put in. Hope it works unlike the last 2 updates......My radio went on the loading screen again on XM yesterday and normally it will restart in around 1-2 minutes but it never restarted, it was stuck and couldn't do anything. I was on the interstate so I couldn't do anything but look at my radio until 30 minutes later when I stopped. Once I shut the car off & back on, it was fine.

#10 ·
Is this update designed for my car?

#56 ·
Driving through nowhere...

That is a function of the Map update...something you have to pay for. A ridiculous high price I might add. I got a lifetime update subscription for my Garmin for less then a one year update on the Altima. The Map package I have is years out of date but I'm not going to update it until I am ready for another trip. I find that with my notebook and Samsung phone I get better maps for free.

#24 ·
My update was done yesterday after reading about the release here.

Still seeing some glitches when playing via Bluetooth with my iPhone 6. Skipping mostly.

There are some new features that I see on the XM, though I don't know what all of the changes are. I can pause, ffwd and skip on my preset #1 . I did notice when I took a call the song "Baby Got Back" was on and after my 12 minute phone call the song picked right up where it left off. I could hit the ffwd button for increments until I got current again.

What other features am I missing? Nav updates?

Thank you for posting about this TSB. I don't know if I would have known to ask otherwise!

#25 ·
Beware, Post #6 does say all 2014 and 15 Altimas, but my software did not match the any of 3 software versions listed in the TSB and so the dealer didn't want to do the update (A040,B155,or D025). I don't know what my software version was. My "14 Atlima is actually a lemon law replacement for a '13 so I know the service manager well. He had them install the update any way and they are calling the tech line on Monday.

#34 ·
Well bad news. Got the update and after driving it for 2 weeks, it has already done the "loading" on the XM screen again. It did it for about 30 seconds this time and just started working instead of restarting. Its a start in the right direction, but still not like it should be!

#39 · (Edited)
what kind of av unit do you have? navigation or the color display w/o navi? as long as you are in the 3/36 criteria and complain about "your radio intermittently blanking out, or xm not loading, or radio is completely inop" they will do the reprogram under warranty at no charge (as long as the tsb applies, meaning your av unit software version is valid). if it's out of the basic 3/36, most dealers will charge you the 1hr reprogram

also i noticed you are from boston. PM me, i live in boston also

#40 · (Edited)
I got mine updated yesterday. I noticed my unit is much snappier than before. My steering wheel audio controls work right away as soon as I start my car whereas before there was a huge delay.

I did notice the Nissan splash screen is gone with this update. I wonder if that was the culprit so they removed it?

#41 ·
I got mine updated yesterday. I noticed my unit is much snappier than before. My steering when audio controls work right away as soon as I start my car whereas before there was a huge delay.

I did notice the Nissan splash screen is gone with this update. I wonder if that was the culprit so they removed it?
Ya i noticed my unit being much quicker as well right after i updated it...but not use to it. The pair of the phone sucks..but otherwise everything working great

#44 · (Edited)
I had mine updated a few weeks ago and so far I have noticed a huge improvement. Here is a list of the improvements I've noticed:
1. Improved stability
2. Upon initial startup I don't have to wait to use voice commands. Previously I would have to wait about a minute or so.
3. NissanConnect Apps seem to be a little more stable but they are still buggy.
4. I love the ability to reboot by holding the power button. I've had one lockup since I've had the system upgraded and it was very convenient to be able to simply reboot the system and resolve the issue quickly.
5. Overall improved performance. The UI responds faster to inputs.

Unlike what others have reported, my splash screen still displays on initial startup. I find the Sirius feature to pause/rewind to be a little gimmicky but I do like that the songs automatically start from the beginning when you tune to a station.

Overall I'm glad I took the time to drive to the dealership on a Saturday and have the update installed.

#45 ·
So what year is this for? 2013, 2014, 2015?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.