The Nissan Club banner

Infiniti G37xs 18" wheels

9K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  Altimatym 
#1 ·
Anyone ever consider these wheels for the Altima?

They are 18x7.5" with a 45 offset and 225-50-18 tires.

Compared to my stock 18x7.5" with a 55mm offset and 235-45-18 tires, the G37 set would poke out 10mm more which I'm thinking would sit almost flush with the car....

Thoughts/comments?

See less See more
#6 ·
Can't disagree with you guys - which is why I've been hesitating to pull the trigger. I like the 10 spoke Infiniti wheels significantly more.

I'm actually only considering them as my winter set - if that makes any difference. I figure they'd look better than steelies!

#9 ·
So it looks like I'm going to go ahead with a different set for my winter tires.

They are 225/50/18's on 18x8 Infiniti G37 replica 10 spoke wheels with a 35mm offset.

According to online tire calculators, this should provide plenty of suspension clearance, stick out 15mm and fill out the wheelwell by 7mm more than my current stock set up of 235/45/18's on 18x7.5mm with 55mm offset.

Will post some pics when I pick them up and mount them.

Interestingly enough, one dealer told me that without TPMS sensors, it might cause it to have ABS issues because the systems are somehow linked. They said it's definitely an issue with the 2014 Rogue - this seems like news to me. Would welcome anyone's comments on that....

#10 ·
FYI I'm not sure if it's been mentioned (or if it's already known) but the G37 Sport [split 5-spoke] rims are not a square set-up (i.e. they're staggered).

Fronts = 18" x 7.5" w/ 225/50/18
Rears = 18" x 8.5" w/ 245/45/18

Just for what it's worth. Personally I've never been a fan of staggered set-ups on FWD cars.

To each his own though - food for thought.

2013 Infiniti G37 Sedan Specifications | Infinitihelp.com

#15 ·
So I installed my winters today.

As a recap, the specs for these Infiniti replica wheels and Hankook iPike tires are 225/50R18's on 18x8 wheels with a 35mm offset.

The 14 Altima 3.5SL comes stock with 235/45R18's on 18x7.5 wheels with a 55mm offset and I'm on stock suspension.

All the online calculators said the tires would fit no problem - but would poke out further than the stock rims which I was OK with.

When I put them on today, they rub a bit when I turn the wheel hard to either side. I removed the front mud flaps and that helped a lot, but they still squeak against the inside black plastic wheel well wall - but only at maximum turning of the steering wheel.

Is this only resolved by rolling the fenders? Is it a big deal or a safety issue if I just leave it?

I assume that people downsize their wheels for winter because you can get stuck if the wheel well gets packed in with snow - so should I be concerned with this set up?

For what it's worth, I like the more aggressive stance.

Here are a few lousy cell pics - sorry it's raining here today:

#17 ·
You dont want to risk blowing a tire.
Thanks. Would this be a potential possibility when it only rubs at maximum turning of the wheel? The car is on stock suspension so it still looks like a truck and only rubs when I crank the wheel to park at low speeds.

Although I havent tested it yet, I can't see a load of passengers making it rub in regular driving considering the basically stock wheel gap.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.