The Nissan Club banner

New Aftermarket Radio Altima 2015 2.5S

120K views 355 replies 46 participants last post by  Raymond Thunda Davis 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

Here are some pics of the before and after aftermarket radio I installed on my 2015 Nissan Altima S.

It originally had the base radio, so I upgraded to this one.

Let me know what you guys think!

#4 ·
It's a Chinese Android Radio, with GPS, tv tuner, wifi etc integrated. I installed it myself in about 1.5hrs. Litterally plug and play, nothing major and no cables to cut.

The only thing that was kinda hard is setting up the GPS antenna, which I had to route through the side post. Everything else was a breeze.

Steering wheel integrates without a problem.

If you want to know where I bought it, PM me to send u the link.

I'm a fan! It looks good! How much was it if I may ask? ?
it was around $465

#8 ·
It is possible to install an aftermarket audio unit on pretty much all Nissan models. To get aftermarket audio you need: the audio unit (single din or double din size), dash installation kit + wiring harness.

audio units may be universal, but the dash kit and the wiring harness must be specific for your model. You can check them for your model here: Car Audio Systems & Electronics at CARiD.com

#10 · (Edited)
ye this one is ready made for altima so it is plug n play. you have a 2.5S so it is definitely better than the stock radio and a cheaper alternative which allows you to have nav funtionality. but i have never been a big fan of the chinese units. I'd rather install an alpine or a pioneer, they are more expensive but you get what you paid for.

the problem i find with android systems is that first of all the screen is not capacitive so you will not be able to use it like your android phone or tablet.
second problem is that i think it is based on a wince 5.0 or 6.0 os anyway and has dual boot OS.
third problem is that i always found they took longer to start up once your car has started. I don't know about this one but the android one I had I had to load into Android OS separately each time car shut down.
the actual processor and RAM etc is really low quality which makes the whole system really slow. yes even slower than the factory nav nissan offers lol. again not like your android phones or tablets.
these are little problems that they don't tell you in the advertisement of product and can be really annoying in regular use. Although I haven't used this particular unit it'd be great if you could offer some feedback on the usage.

Reactions: B OnNissan2015
#15 · (Edited)
i was searching and came across this.

MXTRON For Nissan Altima 10.1 inch Android Car Radio GPS Navigation Pad

slightly more expensive than what you got up there but u get 10.1 screen with this one. wondering if anyone tried it? i youtubed the name mxtron and came across one installed in a skoda which is basically a vw. this one seems to have a lot more features like tpms, climate control. i don't think nissan one would have all that since you get it in your instrument cluster. Probably one of the better android HUs out there but still problem is same as i mentioned above. based on wince 5.0/6.0 taking 20+ seconds to load as you can see on video and touch screen will not be great although it does say in specs that its "capacitive 5-touch".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFWrbkUUbqg

In my opinion best HU would be with just android installed on it and it offers bluetooth/rear camera and other apps to integrate with the car so you don't have to mess around with HU once you are driving. but that requires making apps for android etc for all of those options. And also it should have a true capacitive multi-touch screen. with some easy to use buttons for quick switch next to it. cos touch screen control while driving can be annoying and cause distraction. but now a days you get google auto and apple carplay systems coming out anyway. its hard to say which will do better but i haven't found a system thats complete as of yet.

#20 ·
The sound quality has actually gotten better. It's a bit crispier than the stock plus you have a better and more detailed amp to control the various frequencies.

One thing I would say is that the radio reception might have gotten just a tad weaker, but I don't listen to the radio too much. So it works out perfectly.

#22 · (Edited)
Just double checking. Steering wheel controls work fine with this? You can change tracks, answer calls, and do everything. How is the MIC? I hear these units have faulty MIC setup and even an external can't get it right.

Did either of you guys get the backup camera option from them? Is it a decent camera?

Any other options you upgraded when purchasing? How long was delivery?

Thanks again.

#23 ·
Here is a good link for anyone else considering. You can get a lot of help and if you have issues someone probably has a fix.

Old Q&A-Thread - This Thread will be spl… | Android Auto

I'm personally waiting for replies on the MIC issue. Users on the thread are reporting the mic design is setup wrong. I don't believe its on all units so trying to figure out if it would be on ours.

All the units for different cars are different but really similar.

#25 ·
I've only had it installed for about a week. Its been awesome so far. I purchased from a different seller but its the same unit. I have made tweaks and changed a few things around. XDA threads help a lot but all the info is hard to go through.

Honestly my only worry is reliability. Seller claims it has 1 year warranty but who knows. Plus you have to ship back at own cost so lets hope it doesn't come to that.

#33 ·
I ended up buying the back up camera with the license plate mount. There is enough room next to the plate light to run the cords without drilling through the chrome bracket, but I did drill a hole through the deck lid under the chrome bracket. My back up camera does not come on when I put the car into reverse. John_V in your last post you said "I forgot to wire the reverse wire on the deck so I need to pull out the deck to do this." I don't recall a connection on my head unit for this, please let us know what you find.

#34 ·
Check the main power connection on the deck. There was some wires dangling lose on the deck from what I remember. The reverse in wire should be one of them but I haven't checked yet. You need to wire that so the deck knows when you are in reverse. At least thats what I've been told.

My camera has a red wire sticking our around the RCA cable and also has the red and black wires on the back. So I already setup the wires at the back with the reverse light. From my understanding I just now have to wire the red wire in the front to the reverse in wire on the deck.

Not sure if this is correct but I'm going to try it when I get a chance.

#40 ·
I am having issues with the order so far.I have paid the guy and he kept saying he hasn't received the money yet even after i showed him a paypal receipt of payment.He has been radio silent since yesterday but i have contacted paypal and ebay.So if he acts funny,i will obviously get my money back.One of the setback for doing business with alot of people over there is the trust factor.I will be patient and wait for his response by tomorrow and then escalate this with paypal and ebay to recoup my money.I will also send a link of all what the seller has for sale on ebay and also to enlighten people to stay away from someone like that.I will be patient and hope he has a valid reason for this whole fiasco.

#41 ·
What seller? Kunfine? The have some good prices and good reviews on AliExpress

I see this a lot. Don't know if its just a tactic to delay shipment because they don't have the product. I was promised immediate shipment from my seller but that didn't happen. Took almost 2 weeks to ship. blaming DHL and Xmas. It was lies but since he extended my purchase protection from Aliexpress, I let it go.

My biggest concern now is that my purchase protection is expiring and after that I don't really expect any support from the seller.

#43 ·
Thank You guys.it is the same kunfine guy.I sent him a copy of the paypal receipt as evidence of payment,i also instructed him to contact ebay and paypal to verify that the payment indeed went thru.I have never experienced anything like this.He eventually got back to me last night after about 10 messages saying he will contact ebay and paypal.I am going to give him the benefit of doubt and not jump into conclusion,however my patience is running thin.I have paid him since the 4th of january and yet no tracking # or shipping confirmation yet!!!! i will wait till thursday and then escalate this whole fiasco.I will update everyone how it turns out

#44 ·
I ordered mine Nov 12th, it didn't ship until Nov 28th ( 16 days later) and delivered Dec 02. I had ordered a Camera and an OBD reader which did not come with my HU. I had to contact them about it and they did promptly ship it out and I got it on Dec 15th. It was a long ordeal but all ended well enough for me.

#47 ·
I like mine, could it be better, Yes, but for the price and OEM look, it is what I wanted. Sound is good and the in-dash nav and rear view camera make it worth the money IMO. Only time will tell if the reliability is there. My biggest complaint is their is no crossover settings in the HU. Since I added a Infinity Basslink, I would like to have a low pass to the Sub line out and a high pass to the factory speaker harness.

#63 ·
Wells sucks to be me. My sound just up and quit. Computer still working good but no sound through the factory speakers. I have a sub connected to line out and I get a muffled sound from that. Contacted Kunfine on Friday to which they replied with a question that I promptly answered but I did not get another response. Anyone recall what the warranty period was advertised as ?

#67 ·
That sucks. They have 1 year warranty but who knows. I'm not expecting too much help from my seller if something goes wrong. They already have my money. Thats one of the risks. Who knows they might take it back but you'll probably have to pay a lot for shipping.

Did you do a hard reset? clear everything and start all over again? I'm not sure how but there is a way to wipe it clean. Its worked on my tablets when they were acting up.

#68 ·
Yes, I did a hard reset too. Not discouraged yet, I will continue to engage Kunfine to try to get it resolved. These things happen when dealing with electronics. The delay in communication is expected since I'm dealing with a store in China. Will keep thread updated to how they deal with a customer service issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.