The Nissan Club banner

Where did the Teana Tail Light GB thread go?

12K views 90 replies 19 participants last post by  Crisisx1 
#1 ·
I check the forums every week or so and suddenly it disappeared when I checked a moment ago. I feel this is a bit bad for the community. It leaves a lot of us (or at least me) in the dark. I was able to get everyone's perspective from what was going on before before and now I cannot.

Can anybody get me up to date on what happened? Are we censored from mentioning that that thread ever happened now?

#2 · (Edited)
^ Good question! There was a lot of information including the post made by Carlos about what info to email him when there was any warranty issues with the lights. Highly questionable.

#4 ·
I'm going to miss the hours of entertainment it provided.

Reactions: Kerenalexander
#5 ·
#6 ·
Upon searching I found it was deleted by Carlos......

#7 ·
I find this hard to believe ... You can't even delete your own post, only edit (regular members), but you can delete a whole thread?

I just went to an older thread I started and looked for a ''delete'' option and did not find one.

#9 ·
#11 ·
Yeah i know. If you guys want I can take a screan shot and upload it for you to see I am truthful...always truthful. lol (I guess you cant see what I see because "im unlocked" lol.

#12 ·
Here you go. I know its a lil hard to read...sucky camera phone pic.

Reactions: Crisisx1
#13 ·
Yeah as @4DZC said, we can see the thread still. We can still pull up info if needed... It's kinda sketchy, as the questions posted in the thread would have been presumably read but not answered. Get on those phones and make the appropriate calls to your financial institution if you deem necessary and see what they can do for you guys if you haven't received the appropriate responses/updates.

#14 ·
Wow, really didnt think it would come to this. Looks pretty bad from the sideline. I know how stress can build with a situation like this, but to just appear to bail????

#15 ·
I'm not happy with the post sale support at all. I had an LED burn out within a couple weeks of installing, there isn't anyway to repair this without serious surgery. Many others have moisture issues and he's radio silent and then deleted the thread? Deleting the thread gets me into pissed off mode a little and that takes a lot for me.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#16 ·
Guess he deleted the thread because of too many issues with the supplier . He guessed ot would ve been great for the guys but didn t turned out good on the end .

#17 ·
Actually I closed the thread down on request of crisis1. I didn't bail on no one since I provided my info to everyone and only 3 people emailed me pics with issues out of 30. I'm still waiting from overseas for approval for replacements for all that provided images.

Done deal dr, how come you never emailed me with your issues? It's good to argue of issues and so forth but take no action to get it fixed?

#18 ·
Just to clear things up... I suggested you close the thread for the time being til you can get more information from the seller on warranty/replacement because you felt I was "attacking" you.
I did not request you delete the thread, but suggested you closed it since you felt you were getting attacked.
Big difference between suggesting and requesting, and closing vs. Deleting.

I can post a screen shot of this if needed.

#22 ·
[/I]

It's obvious at this point that there are much bigger quality concerns that just the lack of a Nissan stamp. As asked above to Carlos and multiple times on the previous GB thread, was it Carlos or the supplier who misrepresented the lights as OEM parts.

The OP in the other thread Carlos stated "I was able to get a wholesaler overseas that stock these tail lights directly from Nissan on the regular...".

Carlos should clarify if the supplier put that in writing to him, or those are his words. It makes a difference to those looking to take further action. Without clarification there will be plenty of assumptions...

Reactions: Done Deal DR
#24 ·
Bought them from the GB !

#25 ·
Thread is undeleted AND closed. I did this for viewing of info as needed.

Reactions: sprocketser
#27 · (Edited)
Guys, I made this thread to gain some insight and to keep us all in touch. Let's not bash Carlos in this thread like was done in the other one. From what I can gather so far, he is just as surprised by the outcome of these lights as we are.

Let's move on from what was said or how disappointed you are about them to what's the situation now. Try to keep this thread for posting constructive information only.

Carlos, I took a few more photos of my lights and I will send them to you tonight. Thanks for sticking this out and not bailing!

Edit: BTW, I noticed people are trying to start PayPal disputes in the last thread. Keep in mind, the dispute will be against Carlos and it'll cause even more problems for him. He is the one that should be doing the dispute because he bought the lights and he did mention that he is in the works with overseas to get replacements under warranty.

Have you heard any word from UPS about warranty or from overseas about shipping us the replacement lights or have they left you in the dark?

#28 ·
I already have made a dispute with the company on my end to get this resolved, sorry if this was not mentioned before.

#30 ·
What's being done to help fix this issue is being done, dispute and requesting replacements for bad ones. Your reference with the Rolex watch is understandable but its like the headlights you bought from Depo for that headlight build you just did, Aftermarket headlights correct? looks, feels and works the same but aftermarket and paid around more than 60% off the OEM headlight pricing. So your saying that its ok to have aftermarket headlights but not the taillights? For a part not sold in the states at all? The main thing is that we did not pay $700+ for them. To me, that is the most important thing. does it suck that these are not OEM, yeah of course but there is really nothing on the outside of the taillight that makes people say, " oh look, fakes". What people see is "oh shit, those LED taillights are crazy, its different". Paying $360 for taillights ($220 on the actual product, $140 shipping) for an Altima is way better than what the Z,G,M, and GTR guys pay for theirs. As for the other members that found them cheaper, don't you think that would be even worst quality, no warranty, slower shipping? just saying. Anything overseas is as your risk move, since we all did so with this, including me since I got my taillights in this GB as well. I'm not a business here as I did this for my car as well. Not OEM, what can I do, its in the car and it works.

Is just unfortunate on all of our ends but everything that can be done is being done. I guess that is what happens when I tried to help people out. It sucks but doesn't mean I wont stop helping.

#31 ·
You are right that I have aftermarket headlights and imo they are made from slightly cheaper materials compared to oem, but I'm okay with that because I knew that was the risk before buying non OEM. And I'd have no issue with aftermarket tails either if I knew that's what I was buying and compare pricing to like items. I get that you were mislead as well, so it doesn't give me a lot of trust on the speed or quality of the 1 year warranty from a company that misrepresented what they sold in the 1st place. Hopefully for anyone who needs to go through the warranty process get great results. Best of luck and look forward to updates on how their customer service plays out. Thank you sir!

#34 ·
What was deleted now? lol

#35 ·
i have nothing personal against anyone involved in this and i haven't really purchased from carlos and i have nothing against the guy but for the sake of the community i'd be grateful if things were more transparent. I happen to come across the seller that Carlos purchased from by pure accident. The seller was eager to sell me atleast 50-100 pair freighted to me in Canada priced at $80USD per pair for 50 and shipping of around $900USD to sea port in BC. The seller also mentioned if a large order was placed sample would be air freighted free of charge provided the large has been initiated. The seller offered 30 day warranty on these. That makes it $4900 + brokering + tax + delivery. So even if after the brokering, tax and delivery it would only have costed around $7000 maximum to buying 50 of them. That makes these lights worth a total of $140 each and that is for 50 pairs. Now if these were to sell for $350 each + paypal fee. That's a profit of $210 minus the shipping.

i do not know what price carlos got quoted but he has apparently bought close to 100 of these according to the seller. And for the amount of effort he has put in to this it is great for the community and even if he is making a little profit on the side that is acceptable. And it is very possible for some of those lights to be faulty which is always the case in a large batch and Carlos is doing his best to resolve every problem. As to OEM vs Non-OEM somehow some people have the idea these were OEM but seller was very clear they are aftermarket. And some people paid through Paypal as a gift to avoid fee so they can't start a dispute now. A dispute on paypal also shouldn't be taken as a big deal although the word itself is quite aggressive. A dispute feature is only there to provide a solution between buyer and seller if a problem arises, the only difference is that it is official and there is nothing subjective in it. I hope everything gets resolved for everyone in community with no hard feelings and I again appreciate Carlos for all his hard work.

Reactions: LowFro50
#36 · (Edited)
^ If Carlos did buy nearly 100 sets through the supplier you spoke to as they stated, maybe all the extra money we paid and all the additional money he lost was for the warranty to for days 31-365?

Maybe Carlos could share here actual real invoice pic showing the 30+ pairs he ordered with the higher price and 1 year warranty? That'd confirm the supplier you reached was referring to someone else and clear up any confusion for sure.

#39 · (Edited)
BEWARE...I tell you what happened to me after I bought a set of LED taillights from Carlos. One was defective so I sent it back (I paid $26.00 to ship back) On 6/18/15 and I'm still waiting for a replacement. It's 7/20/15 now. I have contacted him many times and he does not respond so now I called the credit card company to dispute the charge.__________________________________________________________________

Maybe I didn't quite understand the problem Carlos is having. However he could have responded to the many emails I sent and explained that to me.

#42 ·
On 6/18/15 and I'm still waiting for a replacement. It's 7/20/15 now.
It took months for the defective taillight to get here and you're expecting a replacement by one month?

I don't see a reason why he couldn't send you one of those as replacement so you don't have to wait forever.
Why would he replace defective taillights with taillights he paid out of pocket for?

I'm not defending the guy, it'd just be nice if logic was used once and a while by the people involved in this.

#41 ·
All should BEWARE OF CARLOS. He is still selling them on EBAY under carlosmets2006 and at AGD Customs ? Home
Yeah we know.
Apperantly he bought 100 pairs, so I don't see a reason why he couldn't send you one of those as replacement so you don't have to wait forever.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.