The Nissan Club banner

Disable autoplay when plugging in iPhone via USB

27K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Ryan Sands 
#1 ·
Anyone know how to disable autoplay? it's a bit annoying ever time I plug in my iPhone thru USB, music starts playing.. I'm tempted to just charge it using the old fashioned cigarette lighter charger. Thanks

#2 ·
One would think this would be covered in the owner's manual. One would think......

Reactions: toxxic
#3 ·
I found this incredibly annoying. I don't ever use my iPhone's music app to play music. Instead I use Spotify. So the only music I had on my iPhone was some old Dane Cook comedy album and it played the first track every single time I plugged in my USB cord. Imagine how annoying it was to listen to that douche every time you started your car. I found an easy fix. If you delete all the music from your iPhone there is nothing there to play :) Problem solved.

#5 ·
I like to use the integrated USB plug since I enjoy running netflix/youtube while i drive and having it come through the bose speakers. I also have a usb cigarette lighter adapter to charge my wife's iphone. Having the bluetooth for phone conversations is great as well. A nice little combo.

#6 · (Edited)
I also find it really annoying. I mostly listen to radio and when theres a good song and i plug in my phone it autoplay's phone music it ruins the moof. My work around like above was i just used a cigarette lighter now.

#8 ·
So I deleted all the music on my iPhone that was in the "music" app and that fixed the issue. Now that Apple has added the new streaming Music service it autoplays that instead...so I get random songs every time I start my car and plug in the usb to my iPhone. God Apple why can't I just delete that app from my phone all together!?

#9 ·
Ok so I just figured out a way to NOT have it autoplay in the car. If you have an iPhone you have to turn off automatic downloads for the new music app, turn off use cellular for the new music app and sign out your apple id of the new music app. Then once you plug in to your car via usb the music app has no way to play anything...so dead silence! Woohoo!!! **** you Apple! haha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.