The Nissan Club banner

2016 Nissan Altima Nismo Edition

11K views 27 replies 10 participants last post by  DA3713 
#1 ·
Hey Nissan, how about you stop being so lame and make this. Or at least make this body kit for our cars so I can buy that shit. Just screwing around in Photoshop this morning and thought I'd share :)

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice, BUT how about photo"chopping" those grandmawmee looking stock 2.5ish looking wheels to match what Nismo would have added... ?

Reactions: Crisisx1
#5 ·
My Bucket list in Nismo/2016 Altima are:
Replace front bumper with Headlight they look outdated.
Add sport button which will change throttle response and add weight to steering.
Electronic hand brake.
Firm the chassis, driving at the ramp at 40 mph feels like a Yacht, nose dips on hard brake.
Yeah we live in a tech world so 7 inch infotainment center is not that great at least 8 or even 9, throw it out. And speaking on this, Nissan please ask your engineers to wear some sunshade while development, real world we wear them while driving. It is utterly hopeless while you look at it wearing sunshade and do not even bother going in when the sun hits the center, it is a joke.

If these are added I will trade mine 2015 2.5sl in a heartbeat.

#6 ·
Lol yet another reason Nissan will not build another SER/NISMO version of the Altima...lmao :)
My Bucket list in Nismo/2016 Altima are:
Replace front bumper with Headlight they look outdated.
Add sport button which will change throttle response and add weight to steering.
Electronic hand brake.
Firm the chassis, driving at the ramp at 40 mph feels like a Yacht, nose dips on hard brake.
Yeah we live in a tech world so 7 inch infotainment center is not that great at least 8 or even 9, throw it out. And speaking on this, Nissan please ask your engineers to wear some sunshade while development, real world we wear them while driving. It is utterly hopeless while you look at it wearing sunshade and do not even bother going in when the sun hits the center, it is a joke.

If these are added I will trade mine 2015 2.5sl in a heartbeat.

#8 ·
Optima!? lol Wait til the next gen Mazda Speed6 is intro'd. My response is because Nissan is almost always LATE to the party with a watered down version of an old person's version of what they think enthusiast want. A Nismo/SER is suppose to BREAK the mold, not fit in it.
What they NEED to do is introduce a shocker...at every level. Let the fat assed Max have the luxury segment, and let the Altima support the true sports model. Her is MY formula that Nissan will never folow, yet I know it would do wonders for their image. If you disagree consider their tuning inhouse specialty cars...The former SER Altima ...10 additional hp via an ECU tune and the rest is all cosmetics...An Infiniti G37 IPL...lol perhaps the biggest failure as the cars it targeted simply out muscled it in every way...paltry 328hp engine??? See a pattern? Nissa/Infiniti is mostly about looks these days.

Nismo Altima:
Available in a COUPE ONLY!
AWD 3.5L mated to a 6sp manual VVT intake AND exhaust (specific to this Nismo model...not the average 3.5 Altima) If not 300+hp the rest wont matter
4 pot Brembo calipers (or atleast the same Akebono sport calipers from the 370Z
Factory coil over suspension.
Nismo body specific bumpers/skirt/paint scheme
19-20" forged alloy wheels/low profile tires
True sport seats with unique stitching and leather. Diamond pattern down the middle of seat with deep burgandy red leather bolsters.....
Ahhh I could go on but we all know the Altima is mostly aimed at value buyers. Nissan will continue to play it safe, push the CVT tranny etc. as they keep focus on their MAIN objective...10% market share at ANY costs. (which is why they need the Maxima to be their savior) :)

#9 ·
I want everything from above expect Coupe and Manual. Carlos Ghosn is more of revoluntry in Auto Market as he uses the same product/parts is all of the lineups. That save money on research and development.
Nissan has more lineup to confuse customer than other brands (lightly thinking).
Altima/Maxima
Murano/Pathfinder
One product with just WOW on it. Do not confuse us.

#12 ·
Lol, better but...... NOPE! Lol this is just a direct copy of the sentra wheels. Lets see something CLOSE but different and specific for what we want to see on this "never to happen" Nismo Altima. :) Same color, cause it works with Nismo models, BUT closer to the wheels on the 370Z. You dont want someone to confuse your coveted Nismo Altima for a Nismo sentra do you???? lol (Awesome photoshop skills though!)

#13 ·
Interesting suggestions.
I like the possibility of selecting sport ( or not) suspension tuning .
More HP ? I'm ok with 270. Could go 100 mph and more but since I don't race or burn rubber, I don't need more.
Anybody think of the GT-R or is that just over the top?

#15 ·
270 is plenty ! I can't even maintain traction during heavy acceleration as it is and I sure don't want the ride to get any stiffer, the 18" wheels make it rough enough already. I like to have a car with "more than enough" power and it has saved me a few times when I needed to get the hell out of the way of bad (distracted) drivers but 270 is enough the this car.

#17 ·
Minus the coupe thing, I think Lawrence is right on the money. After the 3rd gen, the Altima kinda spiraled out of control. The line between the Altima and Maxima used to be clear. Now...not so much. Even though the Maxima is supposed to be the flagship, you'd almost rather have the Altima since it's bigger, carries a lot of the same equipment, and comes in cheaper than the Maxima.

#23 ·
THIS is what will further differentiate the Nismo/SER Altima from the traditional Altima. The coupe, imho, is the ONLY way to go. Nothing screams "Family Ass Hauler" than 4 doors on a midsize car. This is what they should have done with the original SER.
Minus the coupe thing, I think Lawrence is right on the money. After the 3rd gen, the Altima kinda spiraled out of control. The line between the Altima and Maxima used to be clear. Now...not so much. Even though the Maxima is supposed to be the flagship, you'd almost rather have the Altima since it's bigger, carries a lot of the same equipment, and comes in cheaper than the Maxima.

#20 ·
replying to 'Sideways'-
Totally agree about 2013 Altima vs Maxima.
I test drove both and got the Altima
Maxima seemed too wide, lower MPG, and
was slower 0-60 .
That might change in 2016.
Maxima going to 300(?) h.p. and maybe better
mpg. Also, from what I've read they may have
extended the 'pseudo shifting' in the transmission. Right now I get that effect if I go from dead stop to about 4k rpm .
Dat's all for now.

#22 ·
I have high hopes for the future of the Maxima, at least. If they're going to push that 4DSC tagline, they're going to find a way to inject more fun into the formula and a Maxima Nismo will come out. The problem is, because of the money they stand to make on a Maxima Nismo versus an Altima Nismo, the Altima won't get the treatment. It'll be kinda be like the reverse of the Camry and Avalon relationship.

Crisis im gonna continue to pick on you, because YOU of all people should know better. Comments like this is exactly why the Altima is as vinilla as it is with very little cinnamon extract! lol A car is what its engineers design it to be. Some of the greatest of hot lil cars came from very, very humble beginnings.
Dodge Shelby GLS (Goes like Stink), not much to look at but most more expensive sports cars only got to see the tail lights as it pulle away from them at the light. Wonder how long that smile lasted on their face.... Impreza to the superb WRX and STI, Lancer to the dominating EVO......even the Sentra to the SER. Parts bin cars are nothing new but also will never fade...as long as the bean counters arent allowed to crunch the number beyond control. To say its IS and Altima after all is why the competitive competion will continue to pull away. I re assert, when Mazda introduces the next iteration of the MazdaSpeed6 it will be the bench mark. Honda even has plans for the Accord coupe with a high HP and unique performance standard model to follow after the turbo Civic! Bland and bland with nothing in it Toyota has plans to offer such an animal with the Camry IF the next Corolla designed to compete with the turbo Civic is received and sells well enough to justify it. The Americans are also coming. Do you think the Focus RS is the only performance model coming from Ford? Expect a suprise in the Fusion. My point is if we only expect the Altima to ever be just competitve within its mainstream segment, guess what it perhaps will be just that. The Altima made the biggest splash back in 2002 with the optional V6! Not since then has it evolved to anything greater than market expected upgrades each year. If Nissan did a survey and ASKED its present/previous owners what they wanted and what they would pay for such wants, they would already be at their 10% market share and on their way to import domination. I have lots more to say BUT my lil one (14 months old) is making poopy and dad has to go clean it up...Damn....lol
Well said. I really hope Mazda gives us a new Speed6, but I don't think it's going to happen because it would crowd the new MS3. Hopefully, because they share a platform, they WILL do both cars. I had one of the new 6s and it's a DAMN good car.

If Mazda does decide to do this, and probably even if they don't, we'll be seeing some interesting midsizers come out of Honda, Toyota, and Nissan.

#27 ·
What we haven't even thought about is the fact that Nissan is in bed with Renault, now, and they're moving to use Mercedes power plants.

IMO, Nissan will be the new Toyota. Boring and bland. I'd bet NISMO even starts to take a back seat as Renault continues to exercise its influence.

I think a ZoomZoom6 will be a big hit if they can put a turbo on that insane compression ratio.

At any rate, the photo-shopped Nismo pics look cool on the 5th gen Alti. Nice job on those. I'm done thinking about things that will never be.

#28 ·
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I have a general question. Have any of you tried to/know if the Nismo side sills from a 4th gen fit our cars? I haven't had the chance to do as much research as I should be, but I'm going to try to take the easy way out and as you guys ?? otherwise, I'll run to the dealership and see if they can give me any info/let me measure and check things out

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.