The Nissan Club banner

Cabin Air Filter cover

14K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  amc49 
#1 ·
Hey guys!

I haven't posted here in a long time due to school/work. My altima has been running great since it was last in the shop around 5k miles. I now have almost 30k on it and it's been very smooth since then.

I was wondering if anyone knew the part number of the cover that goes over the cabin air filter in the passenger footwell? That cover has kept coming off since I bought the car and I think I lost mine now. I'm getting ready to put a new air filter in and would like to buy a new cover to go with it and this time maybe tape it on or something so it doesn't fall off. Any ideas where I can get that cover (other than the dealership)?

#2 ·
Most likely a dealer only item , it should not be that expensive.

FYI , the reason the cover won't stay put is because the in cabin filter is not positioned correctly in the HVAC unit . Improper position won't allow to door to clip in place correctly.

At times I have fought with getting the door on, I make sure the filter is in all the way and the door clips on and stays in position.

Removal of the glove box is not needed to do this job.

#4 ·
That is true, i have a 2015 base model and it didnt come with a filter. And the cover for the cabin air filter could be a pita to put back on sometimes.

#6 ·
Cheaper if you go to the junk yard, or maybe you can find some one on the craigslist thats parting out an altima. Just a thought.

#9 ·
Smh dude you need to calm down and back up, did you ask that man about his finances? do you even know what his situation is? And what business is it of yours what he might be spending his money on. Stop being a troll. Instead offer some friendly advice. Thats what were here for. Hey its like they say, if you got nothing good to say then dont say nothing at all. Smh cyber thug just knock it off.