The Nissan Club banner

Adding heated items to non-heated cars

13K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  allen james 
#1 ·
Hello, I just picked up a new Altima 2.5SV. It does not have heated anything. Since I have power mirrors and the turn signals in the mirrors, is my car pre-wired for heated mirrors? I'd really like to add them if possible. Also love to add heated steering wheel, but I know that would involve messing with the airbag. Anyone every added these features to their Altima before?

#2 ·
I'm working on a little project involving the OEM heated seats parts, they should arrive next week. I sat with my parts guy at my local dealership, and it doesn't seem like a viable option. I'll keep you updated in that regard.
As far as the steering wheel, it's probably doable but messing with the wheel makes me nervous so I wouldn't do it myself. I've seen it done on earlier model Nissan's, just depends on how much time and research you out into it.

#5 ·
This has been handled several times on the 2007-2012. I have trouble believing it would be that much different for your car.

http://www.nissanclub.com/forums/f-q-2007-2012/315051-how-install-wire-3-5se-mirrors-any-altima.html
http://www.nissanclub.com/forums/20...-5/421073-installing-heated-mirror-glass.html

If a mechanic says this cannot be done, it most likely means that it cannot be done easily, inexpensively, or according to the main company. Heating a mirror simply involves sending a small amount of power through a specially treated mirror and having a switch to control it. Same with heated seats. It may wind up looking aftermarket (especially the seat switch), but it certainly can be done.

The steering wheel on the other hand; I'm not sure what it would take to either purchase the correct steering wheel or else remove the leather and install the heat wire.

#6 ·
I was more so wondering if the harness for heated mirrors was already there since I have blinker mirrors. I find it hard to believe they would use 3 different harnesses for the door mirrors. I'm looking for just a plug and play solution rather than wiring up my own since I'm only leasing. If I were to take off the cover for the mirror plug, if I saw 4 wires from the car side harness that would mean it's heat ready right?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.