The Nissan Club banner

Trunk light

6K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  d0ugmac1 
#1 ·
Hello all- I just picked up a slightly used 2015 Altima. I was installing a trailer hitch yesterday and had the trunk open for awhile. I changed the trunk light bulb out to a LED. After a couple hours I heard a click and the trunk light shut off. I tried closing and reopening the trunk, along with putting the halogen bulb back in, but it still won't turn on. All interior lights work so it's not a fuse. Even after driving to work today it still won't come on, but the car does show the trunk is open on the dash when I open it.

What can I do to fix this?

#4 ·
Review INL-57

That tells you that the bulb is supplied power at all times and the BCM is responsible for grounding the other side of the bulb to illuminate it. Use a meter, do you see 12V on one of the bulb contacts? If yes, it's wiring and/or the BCM.

There aer consult tests spec'd in the above link. But I think in other parts of the FSM you can get the BCM section and do some kind of pedal dance to put the BCM into test mode. That would allow you to force the BCM to illuminate the trunk bulb, if it can.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.