The Nissan Club banner

Headlight Bulb Replacement

10K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  d0ugmac1 
#1 ·
Hi All,

Does anyone recommend a good replacement pair of bulbs for a 2015 Altima?

I'm looking for better visibility, although would like to ensure they use the same power as the OEM bulbs. On my old car I had bought bright white bulbs, but they ended up burning/melting the wiring harness. Are there any replacement bulbs that provide better light (especially in bad weather) at use the same power/temperature as regular bulbs? Would like to also ensure they don't use any more draw than the OEM bulbs.

Thanks!

#8 ·

Maybe I am some kind of odd duck, but I find the OEM headlights on my 2015 Altima to be quite adequate. The high beams are nothing short of dazzling.

I suppose I will look into replacements when one of them burns out (best to replace in pairs) -- but don't want to be one of those "ass clowns" who installs lights that do nothing but blind oncoming traffic.

As a trucker by trade, I HATE bulbs that are too powerful or aimed improperly. Even worse are those who put HID lamps into stock headlamp units. That is just wrong.

#9 · (Edited)
I've had HID and now LED's, I like the LEDs best so far but I do agree a full retrofit will provide the best light by far. My wife's Honda Crosstour has much better light stock then the Altima did, I think the lenses are just not great on the Altima and not best suited for HID's without modification.
The LED's do have an imperfect beam pattern with minor shadows, but the light is bright, instant on, and not very noticeable on the low beams. I can see the road better and further, and I'd also recommend a lower color tempture, I find it easier to see detail. I have 5000k on my low beams and went with 6000k on the high beams because they were 1/2 the price and don't get used that much. The two bulbs are almost identical and look to be made exactly the same, other then the color temp. The 6000K bulbs are rated at 10,400 Lumens (both) and I paid $79 ($99 today)for the pair of Atshark, the 5000k are rated at 9,600 lumens and ran me $159 for SNGL branded ones, not sure it was worth the differance in price. Both have worked flawlessly and the instant on of LED is especially important for the high beams, don't use HID if you want to be able to flash your brights. Be careful which bulb you get for the high beams as the passenger side is a very tight fit and requires good finger dexterity even with these very small heat sync assembly's, some larger ones might not fit.

#11 ·
So I just replaced my headlights yesterday with LEDS - see headlights referenced: MOSTPLUS 80W Cree LED headlight H11 H8 H9 Low beam 8000LM 6000K White Bulbs Pair | eBay

These appeared to be very similar to the Opt 7 version.

The issue I am having with mine is the Auto function for the headlights now constantly stays on, should I of removed the positive side of the battery before replacing the lights and now the low voltage of the LEDS is causing the car to flip out and not turn off the headlights when it is light out for the auto function to work properly?

Thank You!

#12 ·
Any chance you accidentally turned on the fog lights? They stay on if the fogs are on....

Mine work just fine with all bulb types I've had including halogen, two different HID's and the LED's, auto function was never affected.

#14 ·
If you pull the connector from one side and reattach the old halogen bulb, does it stay on now too?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.