The Nissan Club banner

Why do they say Atlima's are old ppl's cars?

3K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  DeepFrz1 
#1 ·
Previous to 2016 models the Maxima and Altima seem to be the same car.
I thought the Maxima should be the 2 door or sporty version.

Why do they say the Altima's are old mens cars?

I have a loaded 2012 3.5 SR and the car moves. I would have got a G37 but this car was as good as a steal for me, math makes no sense to get rid of it.
Handling on the rear is a little soft, waiting for sway bar.
Car has all the luxuries, very smooth, good on gas (3.5SR on hwy).

What gives? lol

#2 ·
...and they just can't understand how an old man's grocery getter sedan with a couple of bolt ons and maybe a bolt off or two keeps leaving them in the dust.

#6 ·
If you read my post I stated the math on my car is what makes it a no brainer.

I got a 2012 3.5 SR fully loaded, extended Nissan warranty, every damn option done, winter wheels, car had 18,000km.
Still smells new. 1 owner...mint condition...I got the car cheaper than you can get a used 4 cylinder for today.

I can drive this car for another 2 years and resell for about what I paid...hence the math works for me.

I would get the 2 door G37x sport but the math does not make sense for me.

As Doug said, a few mods and the 3.5 runs.
This car is very comfy for long trips too.
It has the nicer front end (split bumper with fog lights and grill with the chrome).

This car would have been perfect if they had an all wheel drive option :)

I wish the guy at Racingline had his act together...I would buy the midpipe bolt on for an extra 15hp.

#4 ·

The G37 is rear-wheel-drive; which is not going to be as good in bad weather. Still, though, it is one heck of a nice car that performs well & looks good.

I might be considered "old" here (51) and do just fine in my 2015 Altima 2.5 S. It is like an appliance and does what it is supposed to do. I have owned it two years now (as of Friday, 10-21-16) and it has not given me any trouble. No thrill up my leg when I drive it - but it is what it is. Good looks, clean lines, decent performance (for a 4cyl), nice ride, good gas mileage and a comfy car for up to five people.

#7 ·
I base it off the looks maybe? I dont know...

From my own view, I don't like the body style of previous Gen Altimas. I am a Toyota/Honda kind of guy but my last 2 cars have been Toyotas. I went Nissan because I liked the 5th Gen Body Styling and I got a good deal plus I could give Nissan a whirl.

#12 ·
So was Angelina Jolie and look how that all turned out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.