Blind spot detection. - Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 02-07-2017, 07:45 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Blind spot detection.

Blind spot detection is the only other option I would want in my Altima but I am not sure if the constant flashing of cars going by would bother me.

Does it bother anyone who has it?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-16-2017, 05:33 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
It doesn't bother me since I realized in my 2014 that they use the backup camera for detection and that it's ony 75% accurate during daylight with no adverse weather. Any other time, you're playing with your life if you use those things. I think the 2016s now use the more accurate sonar sensors that every other manufacturer uses for this purpose.

Short answer, don't get them if you don't care about missing the other stuff that comes in the package with them.

2014 Altima 2.5 SV w/ Nav & Tech Pkg., Gun Metallic

Installed Mods: 20%-35% tint, iJDMToy LED DRL Switchbacks w/ low beam relay, TRS LED fogs, Morimoto XB35 5500k HIDs, WeatherTech Digital mats

Future Mods: Factory rear wing, Stillen front lip & roof wing, Stillen front & rear stabilizer bars, AEM intake, Stillen exhaust, LED interior light pkg, glovebox holster.
post #3 of 4 Old 02-17-2017, 02:36 AM
Senior Citzen Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
I find the blind spot detection to be very helpful and it does not bother me at all. I normally only notice the blinking light when I look over at my outside mirror. Of course at night it is more noticeable but not bad. I am spoiled and I will never buy another car with out blind spot and cross traffic alerts.

2016 Altima 3.5 SL
2015 Tacoma 4.0 DCSB
2003 Camry I4

post #4 of 4 Old 02-17-2017, 03:21 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I personally dont use them. I dont trust it at all. What if a car is only inches away and the lights arent on and you try to switch lanes but the car speeds up. Its also very distracting and you shouldnt rely on it. Shoulder checking will always be the safest. Some technology on cars these days are useless.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Nissan - Infiniti Enthusiast Forums > NISSAN ALTIMA FORUMS > *NEW* 2013+ NISSAN ALTIMA Forum > 2013+ Nissan Altima Discussion (2.5 & 3.5)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode