Considering a 2017 Mustand GT 5.0 - Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 06-18-2017, 03:18 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 768 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Considering a 2017 Mustand GT 5.0

Any current or previous Altima owners have this car? Any thoughts...input?

My 2014 Altima 2.5 currently has 48000 miles... good car so far, hasn't given me issues... need to replace tires soon so that'll be around 1k.

Found a nice 17 GT..brand new for 29k... 435 hp 400 Tq.

I know it's a big change from an i4 to a v8...but I've always loved the body of the new mustang, and the power it comes with, probably the best bang for your buck.

2014 Nissan Altima 2.5S
Features/Add-Ons
-19" Wheels, Teana Taillights, Rear Trunk Spoiler, Remote Start, BackUp Camera, VLED Interior, Chrome Grille, Glossy Black B-Pillars, Roof Spoiler, 6000K HIDs, LED SwitchBacks, WeatherTech Deflectors,15%&20% Tint-

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-24-2017, 04:28 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 768 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Kinda like the California Special package a bit more

It is the same color as above, just looked a bit darker in less light vs bright sunlight.

2014 Nissan Altima 2.5S
Features/Add-Ons
-19" Wheels, Teana Taillights, Rear Trunk Spoiler, Remote Start, BackUp Camera, VLED Interior, Chrome Grille, Glossy Black B-Pillars, Roof Spoiler, 6000K HIDs, LED SwitchBacks, WeatherTech Deflectors,15%&20% Tint-

post #3 of 4 Old 06-26-2017, 10:26 PM
2015 Nissan Altima S 2.5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)

I had four Mustang GT coupes over the years (1988, 1993, 1995 and 2008) and almost bought a brand-new 2017 GT. It would have been a "weekend" car, though, as I still have my 2015 Altima for commuting purposes. I test-drove a 2016 Mustang GT coupe and LOVED IT! I decided to up the ante and ordered a new 2017 Corvette Stingray in December and picked it up in February.

The Mustang GT has a 5.0L V8 that develops about 430 horsepower - while the Stingray has a 6.2L V8 that churns out 460 horsepower. The 'Stang has a 6-speed manual, while the Stingray offers 7 cogs (8 if you get the automatic). Sadly, the exhaust note on the standard Mustang GT sounds much better than the "performance exhaust" option on my Stingray. Yes - that's true. As far as the "bang for the buck" factor goes, the Mustang winds hands down.

However, there is a certain "cool factor" of a Corvette (especially in Torch Red) that you cannot get with any other car except maybe a Porsche. If you ever need to take more than one passenger with you, the Mustang gets the nod. If you are an empty-nester like I am and only have one kid (who is now grown) and seldom need to take anyone with you besides your main squeeze, the Corvette is the way to go. They also don't depreciate quite as badly as a Mustang - provided you keep the mileage low.

If I could do it over again, I would still get the 'Vette........but for the same cash, a Roush, Steeda or Saleen Mustang (with more horsepower than a Stingray) is within reach. Test drive both of them and see if the Corvette is worth the extra 15 grand. Honestly, they are BOTH great cars with a huge following.

On Memorial Day, I drove my new Stingray in a parade with the Corvette Club of Richmond. Right behind us was the Central VA Mustang Club. Sure, there is some rivalry, but we are all car guys (and girls) at heart and were united for a great cause. Both groups received standing ovations from the crowd for our patriotic support of those who gave their all for this wonderful nation.

If you buy a GT, please post some pics!

"If I passed you on the right, then you are driving in the wrong lane."

post #4 of 4 Old Yesterday, 09:29 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Doesn't really make sense given that you already have what sounds like a perfectly working car. On the other hand, you only live once so I'd say do it if you have the financial means.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Nissan - Infiniti Enthusiast Forums > NISSAN ALTIMA FORUMS > *NEW* 2013+ NISSAN ALTIMA Forum > 2013+ Nissan Altima Discussion (2.5 & 3.5)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode