The Nissan Club banner

MY auto window up stopped working!!!!!!

54K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  LeoNismoSR 
#1 ·
I've always found this intriguing, as the Altima has auto up/down windows for both the driver and passenger.
But the passenger's auto up function stopped working maybe a week ago, and its annoying. The warranty JUST finished, that means I'm gonna have to try to figure this out before going to the dealer.

Any ideas?

#2 ·
Hey i don't own an altima but try this:

Windows: If the auto-up feature of a power window quits working, it is restored by closing the window and holding the button for four extra seconds. (2007-08)

Windows: The passenger side window may not operate due to a malfunction in the driver's side window switch assembly. (2007)

and if you can kindly add your altima experience on my post
07+altima general problems Thanks ! good luck

#3 ·
1. roll both front windows down midway.
2. now pull up both switches till the window closes and hold for 3 seconds.

that should reset the feature.

#4 · (Edited)
Originally Posted by UnitedBreaks
1) Roll your window half way up
2) Once half way, hold the button to "up" position
3) Keep holding it even when its rolled ALL the way up for about 10 seconds afterwards
4) Fixed

I personally followed these instructions from another thread earlier this month and I can confirm this method works as I had the same problem with my 07 Alti.

When did they start adding the auto-up feature to the passenger side window? My 07 does not have that feature, unless mine is malfunctioning and didn't know.

#7 ·
When did they start adding the auto-up feature to the passenger side window? My 07 does not have that feature, unless mine is malfunctioning and didn't know.
U gatta have at least conv package to have auto passenger window.
Also, IF u have it there should be letter "A" on pass side window switch. If u don't have "A" there like u do on driver's side - u don't have pass Auto window.

#5 ·
If you need to reset your windows and don't have easy access to the internet, the instructions are in the owner's manual in the Instruments and controls section, page 2-43.

You might find you need to reset your windows after certain types of service, disconnecting/replacing the battery, etc.

#6 ·
I had that problem on my car last year. It was misty outside and this chic in the backseat decides to roll down the window and it would not go back up. I had to cover it up with some garbage bags for that night...grrr. I had some guys help me out and it was my leaver that push the window up/down came off the tracks.

#11 ·
Wow

Reading the manual actually has become the last source of information...The Iphone generation is truely upon us.

Your just like the guy who could not get his power trunk to work, cause the switch in the glove box was off!

When in doubt, read the manual first, then get hosed by your dealer, then get the real info here!

Good luck with figuring out the service schedule.

(Yes, sarcasm is implied!)

#12 ·
Well never would I thought the windows would just stop working for no reason. Its never happened to on my other cars, and I thought this was a defect or something. I actually happen to do all the scheduled service on time, thanks for your concern. Thats how I've maintained my 10 year old Protege and its still going strong.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.