The Nissan Club banner

VK56DE RWD Conversion :P

180K views 514 replies 138 participants last post by  diablo2424 
#1 ·
Well some of you may have remember awhile back I was going to do a RWD swap in the Altima. Well the time has come. Its going to be a long process and I'll update u all as much as I can. I ordered my VK56DE from Cali just yesterday that is being sent to E-Shift Performance. Then I'll be breaking down the motor and cleaning it up. I have already removed the whole frontend off the car and I am in the process grinding all the paint down to the bare metal in the engine bay. Just so you all know this isn't going to be a 2 month install job...lol. Its going to take a few months to a year or so. So stay tuned!

Oh yea!!! VK56DE!!!

See less See more
#116 ·
This is coming along at a pretty swift pace! The axle does look pretty close. That is with the Altima control arm still?

#119 · (Edited)
Update: I have been working on mainly wiring alot lately. I removed every wire that the ECU controlled. The only systems that are left are the BCM, the 2 fuse modules and the IDPM. I have all the light's, directional's, taillamps, windows, keylessentry door locks, horn only working. So now I have a nice clean slate to do the wiring for the standalone and make it a totally seperate system.

Here's some garage humor of me holding all the wires I removed that the ECU controlled!

#120 ·
thats a lot of wiring. strip it down and scrap that copper in lol.

#131 ·
Update: I've been going nuts with the transmission. All of the very few that have done this swap used a 350z/G35 6-speed trans. The adapter plate for that is no longer being made..... Wilcap is the company that made the adapter. Wilcap sold the rights to make the adapter to a guy out in Cali. I came across him on e-bay belive it or not...lol. there was the adapter on E-Bay. I was a worried at first to purchase this over ebay, so I called up Wilcap and they were able to give me the # of the guy who bought the rights to the adapter. I called that number up and it was the same guy on e-bay!! He had one more adapter left in existance to make this swap happen! Its mine now! :) and he also told me to use a G37 trans and stated its a better made trans...... He had one of those too with 11k on it! :) He has alot of knowledge on the VK's and is willing to share the knowledge. Should have everything in about a week or so!

#132 ·
thats sick! pick his brain as much as you can.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.