The Nissan Club banner

Will a 'Wash/Wax' help mantain a pro wax job?

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Mitchell4473 
#1 ·
OK I admit this is a noobish question. But I really don't know a lot about car wax. I've done my homework but can't find an answer to this online.

I'm overly busy and don't have a lot of time to pamper my car the way I want, so I use Armor-All all-in-one Wash and wax and wash every other week. It works pretty good. The water beads in between washes ... and there you go.

Now, I want to get a pro claybar and wax every six months. If I do that can I continue to use the all-in-one wash wax?

I realize that will put one wax on top of another, and that will either protect the lower wax making it last longer, or some how mess it up if the two waxes are not compatible.

Ideas?

#2 ·
I would not worry to much about putting waxes on top of each other as Armor-All all-in-one Wash and wax really is more of a "car wash soap".your pro claybar is not a wax it is designed to make your car have a glass like finish it will remove what we call

1. Rail dust - produced from the friction of train wheels against railroad tracks. Over 70% of new vehicles are shipped by rail. Rail dust can contaminate a new car's finish before it even reaches the dealership. Anytime a vehicle is parked or travels near a railroad it is subject to rail dust contamination.

2. Brake dust - particles produced from the friction of brake pads rubbing against the rotor. This metal on metal friction disperses tiny particles of bare metal into the air and on the highway where it collects on passing vehicles.

3. Industrial fallout - another word for pollution, industrial fallout is a byproduct of our modern industrial age.

4. Over Spray

Always make sure your car is wet before you use clay on it, once you have clayed your car you can put on a wax by hand and it should last about 3 months i would only clay your car before you wax it.

I hope this helped!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.