1.8 performance parts - Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 09-07-2011, 10:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
1.8 performance parts

Are there any like sites to look at for performance parts and accessories for a 1.8s sentra. Like exhaust, intakes, cams, etc? Everything I find is for the se-r or spec v 2.5's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-08-2011, 12:50 PM

Garage
don't know any off top of my head, have seen exhaust and intakes for the 1.8L on Ebay, might be able to get the brands or part #'s and look for sites that carry them.
#3 Old 09-08-2011, 04:20 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
As with the Altima platform you simply have to become more resourceful than "just" searching for performance parts under the Sentra title. The Altima 3.5 is nearly identical to the 3.5 in the 350Z, Quest, G35, and Maxima. Alot of the performance parts also fit the Altima, EVEN if it isnt specified on a website. Recently bought my wife a 1.8L Versa S and guess what, same situation. This Cube, Sentra, Tiida (japanese version of the Versa), and so on. An exhaust can be custom made if you simply cant find what you are looking for, but things like cams should be able to be found, as well as a header, CAI, perhaps even a lightened or UDP. When you have exhausted all easily found bolt-ons, get a lil more serious and go custom...Head work as in PnP and a valve job will net you HP that the bolt-on boys "only", wont be able to match. You just have to become more creative/resourceful... Hope this helps, and more importantly, I hope you listen and understand, because otherwise you should NOT be modding a car period. If modding were this easy, everyone would be driving a fricken Evo or WRX STI......
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnethon View Post
Are there any like sites to look at for performance parts and accessories for a 1.8s sentra. Like exhaust, intakes, cams, etc? Everything I find is for the se-r or spec v 2.5's.

Wheels/Suspension: 5Zigen 19x8 Pro Racers-Falken F452 245/35/19 Tires-Eibach Sportline Springs
Visual: S5 Grille-20% Tint-M3 Window lip Spoiler-LED Cluster/Switches-TWM Weighted Shift Knob
Performance: C-man Headers-C-man 3" Y-Pipe-Magnaflow Exhaust-PNP'd Heads w/Ferra Valves-RevUp Oil Pump-Pulley-JWT C9 Cams-Haltech Platinum ECU-Fujita5 CAI-Weisco Pistons-ARP Head Studs
Audio: Kenwood DNX-9140-ZED Leviathan-Focal Speakers-Sound Deadened-XBox-270Amp Alt
#4 Old 09-08-2011, 04:41 PM
My little champion...

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DRZ View Post
... Recently bought my wife a 1.8L Versa S and guess what, same situation.
Lawrence, I've been thumbing over the 6MT hatchback Versa myself. I would love to see one tastefully modified (exterior/interior). From what I have read, the MR18DE (I would love find one with a dead engine) can be swapped out easily for a MR20DE, but it only provides approximately 20HP/20TQ more I believe, but the same gas mileage.

However, I would love to see someone drop a MR16DDT from the Juke in there. The direct injection and ECU wiring may be more of a nightmare, but it would be a sweet ride. Now if the AWD from the Juke could be transferred, I am assuming the same chassis is used in the Versa but I could be wrong, that would be the icing on the cake.

Probably look close to what the concept looked like:

#5 Old 09-08-2011, 06:46 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah there is a guy on the Versa forum that didi just that swapped the 1.8 out for the 2.0....lol You know I wont be doing that here....lol 1st off this is the wife's car, 2nd, its also an auto....lol, and 3rd, im just elated that she is now into modding more than I could have ever asked! Were modding her lil Versa as a team....lmao!!! That concept is truly badassed! Look close, I am starting to see these cars either wrecked or being parted out. I am convinced you could score one easily and cheaply. Kev its like a different word over at the Versa forums, lol, they get excited about chrome door handle covers, Ipod mounts and shit like that...lol One kid from some country, even put an SER emblem on the back. I flamed the shit out of himafter I stopped lol. Alot of potential IF people would just learn to think "outside the box" with these cars.

Wheels/Suspension: 5Zigen 19x8 Pro Racers-Falken F452 245/35/19 Tires-Eibach Sportline Springs
Visual: S5 Grille-20% Tint-M3 Window lip Spoiler-LED Cluster/Switches-TWM Weighted Shift Knob
Performance: C-man Headers-C-man 3" Y-Pipe-Magnaflow Exhaust-PNP'd Heads w/Ferra Valves-RevUp Oil Pump-Pulley-JWT C9 Cams-Haltech Platinum ECU-Fujita5 CAI-Weisco Pistons-ARP Head Studs
Audio: Kenwood DNX-9140-ZED Leviathan-Focal Speakers-Sound Deadened-XBox-270Amp Alt
#6 Old 09-08-2011, 07:09 PM
My little champion...

Quote:
Yeah there is a guy on the Versa forum that didi just that swapped the 1.8 out for the 2.0....lol You know I wont be doing that here....lol 1st off this is the wife's car, 2nd, its also an auto....lol, and 3rd, im just elated that she is now into modding more than I could have ever asked! Were modding her lil Versa as a team....lmao!!! That concept is truly badassed! Look close, I am starting to see these cars either wrecked or being parted out. I am convinced you could score one easily and cheaply. Kev its like a different word over at the Versa forums, lol, they get excited about chrome door handle covers, Ipod mounts and shit like that...lol One kid from some country, even put an SER emblem on the back. I flamed the shit out of himafter I stopped lol. Alot of potential IF people would just learn to think "outside the box" with these cars.
Yes I saw the post about the chrome door handles w/ photos--LOL. The exterior of the car can be fixed up nicely (get rid of that grill first) and either use the Stillen front chin spoiler and paint the bumper as close as you can to the concept (black portion) and I bet with some decent research and the hands of a capable person, the power plant and chassis similarities to other Nissan models can be researched enough to make a decent little beast that Nissan never thought to do. I mean, where is the Versa SE, or SR, SE-R, SE-R Spec V or whatever the hell Nissan wants to call it? Now it would be nice if some maniac could drop a VQ35 in that Dreamin...
#7 Old 09-09-2011, 01:38 AM
Super Moderator

VQ??? lol The engine alone weighs more than the car....lmao, but yeah that would be totally serious!

#8 Old 09-09-2011, 09:19 PM
My little champion...

Quote:
VQ??? lol The engine alone weighs more than the car....lmao, but yeah that would be totally serious!
Saw one for $5000 down in FL. Red, one owner, private sale and 6SPD. I'll wait till the beginning of next year to decide. I'm seriously looking for a newer car. I even thought about a Genesis sedan, but somehow I think I should go for something with great gas mileage the way things have been going and a little mod potential, but damn, the 2002-2003 Spec V (the only front end I CAN stomach), with a VQ swap just keeps staying on my mind.
#9 Old 09-09-2011, 09:32 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah bro, dont just jump on something to be jumping, but if the price is right, well, im just saying.

#10 Old 10-05-2011, 10:17 AM

I had to do my first "Real" mod to my 1.8L cause the oem muffler had a hole in it, and a 100dollar oem muffler or a can from autozone for 60 dollars hmm...I lucked out and got it on clearance for 12 dollars instead of 60, makes a really deep throaty noise and it really boosted the torque nicely! I always felt this car was lacking in torque and chunking the muffler and using an open can really boosted the lower band nicely, my only complaint is it louder then I personally wanted but so far I haven't gotten any cops on me for it or too many turned heads, few here and there. I lucked out and made a friend with a 4 year degree master mechanic that really wants to play with the 1.8 so we've been formulating ideas, if you don't got alot of money like me, check online for some electronic turbo's there basically short ram intakes that spin and push 2.5-5pds of air into the system without all the expensive turbo parts. That is my next set of mods but first I have to resolve my fuel pump issue. Personally I like the 1.8L better cause its lighter weight engine and has a lot of tuning potential versus the 2.5L which drives more like my altima LoL. OHH try to find someone that knows how to custom build ignition coils, doing high performance coils is my other project cause there nothing for the car their are people that usually customize build em for 30 a coil so plan 120 dollars for that mod/replacement of olds ones. Hey let me know if you had to mess with your fuel pump at all, like does your car take a few shots to start up like mine is that really as common as I have seen or am I just unlucky to replace a fuel pump at 28k miles >.>

Nissan Altima 2000 gxe (manual)

AEM WAI (short ram)
Strut bar
Modded VTC synalloid
Full ecm tune up programmed
Painted the valve cover and some other parts
Wire tucked.
current project:girlfriend restricted >.<
current repair: mystery check engine light(havent had a chance to run code..thought it was the temp sensor I put in *sighs* another problem....)
Nissa Sentra 2003 GXE (q18 went to the heavens...sr20det swapped)
Full custom fab exhaust.
Turbonetics 6085 (at 20 psi)
Forged street pro piston
Street pro (stage 5= cams)
Street Pro stage 3 clutch (she grinding alittle into 3rd)
New special computer (gonna tune after turbo still been doing motor work)
strut bar
Custom fabricated pod WAI, breather Intake.
New Fuel pump/fuel cell(buddy wont tell me what he used)
17's rims
lowering springs
Swaybar bushings
High performance camber/caster kit.(custom fab)
JDM Smoked headlights
8k blue HID's (xenon high/low)
432 HP to the wheels (before boost)
*priceless*

Current project:
Current repair: Still trying to figure out how to install tach gauge. Paint Job. Finishing install of header and permanately attaching turbo. Still need to re-tune after we complete the turbo as a permanate fixture, he had to custom weld and build a header running 4-2 sense the boost wasnt working right on 4-1, will post final WHP when Hondata runs the dyno again.
#11 Old 09-25-2012, 12:53 AM

(Thread Starter)
I google engine swaps for the 1.8. and i didnt find anything interesting with that. but i did find that someone did do a 2.5 - 3.5. i was amazed by it, and im wanting to do it on my own, just need another vehicle while i do it
#12 Old 10-12-2012, 11:54 AM
Banned

When it comes to performance part and accessories I always purchase these from a branded store that provides me guarantee of good quality and low price. And these work very well for as long as possible.
#13 Old 10-12-2012, 01:00 PM
Super Moderator

Becareful with a swap like this. Its not cut and dry meaning that the motor mounts are NOT the same and thus must be mocked up. Unless your vesed in the art of fabrication, you will have to have someone help you out with new mounts. Also keep in mind that when you swap motors like this, you need ALOT from the donor car, most importantly the engine wire harness and the ecu. IF you just want more power and a very straight forward swap without the need for a new harness and ecu, as stated earlier, the MR20, from the Sentra is a true drop in and bolt down swap. Your ecu will even control it just fine. These engines can be bought for as little as $500.00 and are more mod friendly than the MR18.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnethon View Post
I google engine swaps for the 1.8. and i didnt find anything interesting with that. but i did find that someone did do a 2.5 - 3.5. i was amazed by it, and im wanting to do it on my own, just need another vehicle while i do it

#14 Old 10-14-2012, 04:27 AM
Banned

I never smile. You want a smile, go rent a smile.

#15 Old 10-18-2012, 04:59 PM
Nistec!!

2j-racing.com offers some nice qg18 mods

XS 4-1, Stromung Cat-back, JWT clutch/LW flywheel, 2j pulley, Custom SRI, 7k BC coilovers, Kicker sound system and much more
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Nissan - Infiniti Enthusiast Forums > NISSAN SENTRA / 200SX / SE-R FORUMS > B15 2000-2006 Nissan Sentra Discussion (SE-R / Spec-V)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

<

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode