The Nissan Club banner

Need help/info for future swap

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Ricangaijin 
#1 ·
Hi I'm in need of info/help on a possible swap... I have a 2005 Sentra 1.8 (base model) in which the motor recently blew. I was wondering if in any way possible I would be able to fit a QR20DE in its place and if I am able to what else would I need besides wiring harness, ECU, and other parts... I also would like to know if the 1.8 trams will be able to fit onto the 2.0... I'm also doing this on a tight budget and will be doing most of the work myself.... please any info/help will be highly appreciated

#2 ·
The QG series engine is from the same line (ie block) as the 1.3, 1.5, 1.6 and 1.8 engines. The QR series come in 2.0 and 2.5.

It's highly unlikely in my opinion that it will fit as is, however, the SER variant of the 05 Sentra came with the 2.5 engine, in which case you'll need new mounts, new/different tranny, and probably new CV shafts, ECU, TCU etc etc. Get a new car or find a 1.8 engine time at that point I'd say.

#3 ·
Ok thank you that cleared up a couple troubles I was thinking on. Now another question that came up as a result is that is any of the QG18DE engine fit in because I've seen its in the 00'-05' models but also I believe the 13' models. I'm pretty sure the mounts would be different but like I said I'm on a budget but again it's just one question answered and another comes up. Again thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 ·
Take advantage of TASCA or Courtesy's online websites to look up the engine mount part numbers could help...but I can only imagine mounts changing if you are changing engine blocks ie QG vs QR or chassis versions. If you find a QG18DE from a 2006 it should fit...but exact combo's are beyond my crystal ball's ability :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.