LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 08-02-2010, 06:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
2007 Sentra vibrating noise help

Hey everyone,

I have a 2007 2.0S CVT Sentra. I currently have 51k miles on it. Last week I noticed a strange sound coming from the front passenger side. When I was driving it sounded like there was a motorcycle/hog in front of me and I could feel the vibrations in the gas and brake pedal. I took it in to have it looked at and I/they could not replicate the sound. The next morning, I started my car and put it in Drive and before I let off the brake, I got the sound and vibration again. When I put it in any other gear, the sound and vibration go away. I have no idea what this is because I'm not a car guy at all. Has anyone else had this problem or possibly could tell me where to look for a fix? Any help would be much appreciated!

Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-26-2010, 02:11 PM

I am having the exact same problem. I just bought my Sentra about 2 weeks ago (2007 w/35k miles) and it was fine for the first few days, then all of a sudden it started making this god awful noise in the morning, almost like a loud vibration (coming from the same place you talk about, the front passenger side), but while in neutral and revving it does not make this noise at all. Then a few days later it's not just making the noise in the morning, but for my whole drive to work (approx 30 miles one way). I haven't tore into it yet to see if there is anything I can see wrong, but I have been all over the net and this seems to be a big problem with this car. There are conflicting reasons that I have found ranging from broken motor mounts, to the heat shield vibrating, to a bearing failure... Has ANYONE else had this problem? Have you taken yours to the dealership yet? Like I said, I have been driving it for about 3-4 days now, trying to baby it because I don't know if what I am hearing is going to damage the car, or if it's simply a loose heat shield.
#3 Old 08-26-2010, 10:39 PM

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmc1321 View Post
I am having the exact same problem. I just bought my Sentra about 2 weeks ago (2007 w/35k miles) and it was fine for the first few days, then all of a sudden it started making this god awful noise in the morning, almost like a loud vibration (coming from the same place you talk about, the front passenger side), but while in neutral and revving it does not make this noise at all. Then a few days later it's not just making the noise in the morning, but for my whole drive to work (approx 30 miles one way). I haven't tore into it yet to see if there is anything I can see wrong, but I have been all over the net and this seems to be a big problem with this car. There are conflicting reasons that I have found ranging from broken motor mounts, to the heat shield vibrating, to a bearing failure... Has ANYONE else had this problem? Have you taken yours to the dealership yet? Like I said, I have been driving it for about 3-4 days now, trying to baby it because I don't know if what I am hearing is going to damage the car, or if it's simply a loose heat shield.
Yep, you're experiencing exactly what I was experiencing. Turns out it was my mounter mounts. They had broken and needed to be replaced. Do not make the same mistake I did though and take it to a dealer. I paid $760 to get 2 motor mounts changed and be told that they were not covered under the powertrain warranty. However, since you're at 35k miles, yours should still be covered under the factory warranty of 3 years or 36k miles. If not, then find a mechanic who can replace them for a much better price. That was my first and last time going to a dealer for repairs. Good luck to ya!
#4 Old 08-27-2010, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDave21 View Post
Yep, you're experiencing exactly what I was experiencing. Turns out it was my mounter mounts. They had broken and needed to be replaced. Do not make the same mistake I did though and take it to a dealer. I paid $760 to get 2 motor mounts changed and be told that they were not covered under the powertrain warranty. However, since you're at 35k miles, yours should still be covered under the factory warranty of 3 years or 36k miles. If not, then find a mechanic who can replace them for a much better price. That was my first and last time going to a dealer for repairs. Good luck to ya!
After reading this, and various other threads on the web, I opened up the hood and sure enough, the top motor mount had exploded I will do the work myself, and let you know if that fixed the problem. The only problem will be finding the mount from an auto parts store...

Thanks.
#5 Old 08-27-2010, 10:27 PM

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmc1321 View Post
After reading this, and various other threads on the web, I opened up the hood and sure enough, the top motor mount had exploded I will do the work myself, and let you know if that fixed the problem. The only problem will be finding the mount from an auto parts store...

Thanks.
Well both of my mounts were gone completely. The passenger side and the transmission (I guess?) motor mounts were obliterated. They replaced them with new ones and the car runs awesome now. However, now I get a weird noise when I start the car up. Like my muffler is getting too much air or something. I'm not a car guy so that doesn't make sense I know lol. Good luck with your repair!
#6 Old 10-04-2010, 08:54 PM

did you guys do the work yourself? And where is the other mount? I see the top one, and the rubber is exploded. Any help would be appreciated. thanks!
#7 Old 10-04-2010, 10:06 PM

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by daverdfw View Post
did you guys do the work yourself? And where is the other mount? I see the top one, and the rubber is exploded. Any help would be appreciated. thanks!
I took my car into the dealership and it cost me $760 to get both of them replaced. The other mount is near the transmission on the very bottom, or at least that's what the dealership mechanic told me.
#8 Old 10-05-2010, 01:18 PM

Sorry it took me so long to respond, yea I did the work myself, with the help of my cousin, simply because I didn't know exactly what tools I would need before getting into it, and he's got it all... It took us 20 minutes to change the top mount, the only thing that wasn't entirely easy was realigning the motor once the new mount was in place because the motor was about 2" lower than it should have been because of the condition of the broken mount. I am going to look this weekend to see if I can tell if my bottom mount is trash as well...

One other thing to mention, good luck finding that mount ANYWHERE besides a Nissan dealership, I got mine for $170'ish and I called 4 different Nissan dealerships and every Napa, Autozone & Advance Auto Parts around to no avail... One guy told me that Nissan has stopped releasing those items to parts store because they were "losing" money... Thanks Nissan, one more thing to make me bend over and grab my ankles for.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Nissan - Infiniti Enthusiast Forums > NISSAN SENTRA / 200SX / SE-R FORUMS > B16 2007-2012 Nissan Sentra Discussion (SE-R / Spec-V)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

<

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode