Boyo Rear View Camera installaion - Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2009, 04:10 PM
SUPER-BLACK

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Boyo Rear View Camera installaion

I am installing a Boyo camera to my Avic stereo. I have the camera mounted to the license plate with the wire run through the trunk lid. No problems so far. Is there an easy route for the harness to the head unit? I was thinking under the rear seat and right up the center console, but I'm not sure how to get from the trunk to the center console. I'm clear on how to connect the camera wires. I see that I can run the purple reverse wire back to the trunk and connect to a reverse light, but is there something up front that is easier to access for this?

Just enough mods to make it mine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2009, 04:45 PM
I'm so old school

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sily_Rabit View Post
I am installing a Boyo camera to my Avic stereo. I have the camera mounted to the license plate with the wire run through the trunk lid. No problems so far. Is there an easy route for the harness to the head unit? I was thinking under the rear seat and right up the center console, but I'm not sure how to get from the trunk to the center console. I'm clear on how to connect the camera wires. I see that I can run the purple reverse wire back to the trunk and connect to a reverse light, but is there something up front that is easier to access for this?
Your reverse wire should be green with a white stripe and is accessed in the driver's side kick panel. No need to run back to the trunk for your reverse signal.

If you pop out the rear seat bottom cushion, you'll see a pass through to the trunk on either corner of the trunk where you can run the harness to the front. There is plenty of wire to run up the driver's side (I used this side since I had the kick panel out) to the head unit with some to spare.

'03 Altima V6: totalled - R.I.P. - forever missed

07 Jeep GC SRT-8: debadged, Trufiber c/f hood, Volant CAI, Trinity, R1 rotors
Kenwood DNX9980HD - Audible Physics + US Amps being installed
Old 07-16-2009, 12:02 AM
SUPER-BLACK

Thanks for the reply. I had no idea the seats came out that easy. I ran the cable down the driver's side. I didn't see the green/white wire in the kick panel and since I already had all the trim off, I went ahead and ran the reverse wire to the rear. Hardest part was putting the kick plate back on, I thought I would never get it lined back up. It's all in and working like it should. Probably not very useful, but it's pretty slick to have it pop us when you put it in reverse. Guess it will be helpful hooking up a trailer. Yeah, I have a hidden hitch on my altima, its retarded, but it does the trick for a light load, like pulling my motorcycle or picking up larger packages, lumber, patio furniture....

Just enough mods to make it mine.
Old 07-16-2009, 02:57 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
+1 on what the above poster said and yeah the back up cam is very useful at times

2010 2.5 SL

My Ride Thread
Old 07-16-2009, 05:21 AM
I know Nothing

hidden hitch is badass

08 Sedan 2.5 MT for Audio Competitions. {sell me your aftermarket exhaust, headlights, or other performance parts for this car}
08 Coupe 3.5 MT for Daily Driving. {sell me your AEM intake (found), hood lifts(found), racingline y pipe(found), racingline traction rods, or racingline short shifter (found) for this car}
07 Yamaha R6S for fun
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Technical and Specific Interest Nissan Discussion > Car Audio / Multimedia / iCE

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

<

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode