LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 02-12-2010, 08:50 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Wire colors AT THE SPEAKERS....

guys,,,

I know this is somewhere here, but I couldn't find it after looking for a while. I bought some new speakers for my wife's altima. Alpine 6.5 coaxial 2-ways for the front doors, and Alpine 6x9 2-ways for the rear deck. I may upgrade to some components in the front a little later, but for now, it's the coax's.

I was wondering though, when I did my head unit, the speaker wires were one color code, but when I pulled off the door panel, they were different. The driver's door has green w/ grey dots,,,,and pink w/grey dots. Any ideas what the color codes are AT the speakers for the front doors and the rear decks? Apparently they are different than the grey, white, green, and purple codes in the dash....hmmmmm

Can anyone help??

Thanks.....DMAN

By the way---- I pulled out the driver speaker so far and it is not Clarion like stated before on here. It is Blaupunkt, 25watts, and 2 Ohms. 2010 Altima Sedan w/o factory radio but pre-wired with front door and dash speakers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-12-2010, 01:58 PM
A bit old and irritable

Are you just trying to figure out which one is + and which one is -? The factory service manual gives all of the color codes, but not the polarity. you could get the digital multimeter out and do a continuity check from the harness pins to the door pins to see how they match up.

Or you could just install the speakers and see how they sound before you put the door panel back on. Go with whatever sounds best to you. Lots of people reverse polarity on drivers to tailor the sound to their liking. You won't damage the speakers by doing this.

2008 Altima 2.5S CVT | Precision Gray | 46K miles
Audio Build Log
#3 Old 02-12-2010, 02:32 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
There was a thread on Nico with all stereo color codes for Altimas but that forum is so disorganized that i really don't even know where to look for it. lol.

Btw it's always better to run your own wires, even if u don't have an amp pushing your speakers.

#4 Old 02-12-2010, 03:00 PM
~ fk

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
First, does it have bose?

If not, you can simply hook up the wires such that you match the colors on both sides, then test. Usually at least one speaker wire color will match.
#5 Old 02-12-2010, 03:08 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Ok, found that nico thread. Not as good as i thought i'll be.

OK, here's the colors of the wires for the 2007 - 2008 Altima Sedan and 2008 Altima Coupe WITHOUT the BOSE SYSTEM
Left Front Speaker + White
Left Front Speaker - Black

Right Front Speaker + Green/White
Right Front Speaker - Brown

Left rear Speaker + Orange/Black
Left rear Speaker - White/red

Right Rear Speaker + L (Blue)
Right Rear Speaker - Black/White

ACC - Violet/Yellow
Illumination - Red/Yellow
BAT - Yellow/Red

#6 Old 02-12-2010, 09:53 PM

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerider View Post
Are you just trying to figure out which one is + and which one is -? The factory service manual gives all of the color codes, but not the polarity. you could get the digital multimeter out and do a continuity check from the harness pins to the door pins to see how they match up.

Or you could just install the speakers and see how they sound before you put the door panel back on. Go with whatever sounds best to you. Lots of people reverse polarity on drivers to tailor the sound to their liking. You won't damage the speakers by doing this.
That is exactly what I'm trying to figure out rider,,, which color is pos and neg. Behind the dash it is purple and purple/black,,,,,at the door speaker it is orange and green. or something like that. Totally different color from one end to the other, HOW does this make sense???

I only pulled the driver door off so far, so not sure about the others, but I was just checking to see if any of you guys had an idea of the correct positive and negative colors AT the speakers,,,, front doors and rear deck. I have the color codes for the dash, but need the other ends to match.

And where in the manual have you found this info? Ilooked through every section of my manual, and never seen ANY wire codes at all....

Thanks.,,,,,,,DMAN
#7 Old 02-12-2010, 09:55 PM

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vital View Post
Ok, found that nico thread. Not as good as i thought i'll be.

OK, here's the colors of the wires for the 2007 - 2008 Altima Sedan and 2008 Altima Coupe WITHOUT the BOSE SYSTEM
Left Front Speaker + White
Left Front Speaker - Black

Right Front Speaker + Green/White
Right Front Speaker - Brown

Left rear Speaker + Orange/Black
Left rear Speaker - White/red

Right Rear Speaker + L (Blue)
Right Rear Speaker - Black/White

ACC - Violet/Yellow
Illumination - Red/Yellow
BAT - Yellow/Red

Vital, I think that's the colors for behind the dash. I'm looking for the colors AT the speakers themselves. Your code here shows white and black for front left. My door has orange and green....hmmmm orange is to white as black is to green??? hehe feel like I'm back in grade school....hehe Thanks though.....

DMAN
#8 Old 02-13-2010, 12:32 AM
A bit old and irritable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAN11 View Post
That is exactly what I'm trying to figure out rider,,, which color is pos and neg. Behind the dash it is purple and purple/black,,,,,at the door speaker it is orange and green. or something like that. Totally different color from one end to the other, HOW does this make sense???

I only pulled the driver door off so far, so not sure about the others, but I was just checking to see if any of you guys had an idea of the correct positive and negative colors AT the speakers,,,, front doors and rear deck. I have the color codes for the dash, but need the other ends to match.

And where in the manual have you found this info? Ilooked through every section of my manual, and never seen ANY wire codes at all....

Thanks.,,,,,,,DMAN
Factory service manual, not owner's manual. In the pdf titled "AV".

I'd do it by sound or pin them out with a voltmeter. Unless you can see any marking on the factory speaker indicating which side of the connector is pos/neg.

2008 Altima 2.5S CVT | Precision Gray | 46K miles
Audio Build Log
#9 Old 02-13-2010, 12:55 AM
~ fk

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
You can just check the other door wires should be the same.
#10 Old 02-13-2010, 02:10 AM

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerider View Post
Factory service manual, not owner's manual. In the pdf titled "AV".

I'd do it by sound or pin them out with a voltmeter. Unless you can see any marking on the factory speaker indicating which side of the connector is pos/neg.
sorry to sound silly rider,,,,,but,,,,, WHAT pdf file? Where are you getting this pdf file from? I have an owner's manual (thick book), and 4 thin books (maintenance, warranty, quick reference) and a CD with some video stuff about the features of the car,,,,but there is no pdf files anywhere on the cd. Is that where you are talking about? or is there somewhere you downloaded it? I have nothing labeled Factory service manual. Where can I get one?

Thanks,,,,,and sorry again for the "ignorance" on this matter.
#11 Old 02-13-2010, 02:12 AM

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nismos14 View Post
You can just check the other door wires should be the same.

same as what? the dash, or the door I already opened? whichever way this doesn't tell me what wire is pos or neg on the driver door,,,orange or green
#12 Old 02-13-2010, 04:45 AM
I know Nothing

...you might start with the year, model, and answering the simple question of bose or no bose. that way when a guy like me gets on, I can go to a website and get them for you without having to research your car. it makes it much easier.

if you have an aftermarket deck, which i assume you do because of the colors you described, the wires you see are not factory, therefore, they wont usually match factory color. It would be nice of the factories to match the aftermarket universal colors, but that would be too easy, and consequently make installing easier vs. deter people from trying it, thus more people take it to the dealership.

so,

year and model? bose or no bose?

08 Sedan 2.5 MT for Audio Competitions. {sell me your aftermarket exhaust, headlights, or other performance parts for this car}
08 Coupe 3.5 MT for Daily Driving. {sell me your AEM intake (found), hood lifts(found), racingline y pipe(found), racingline traction rods, or racingline short shifter (found) for this car}
07 Yamaha R6S for fun
#13 Old 02-13-2010, 05:15 AM
slowly losing my sanity..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAN11 View Post
sorry to sound silly rider,,,,,but,,,,, WHAT pdf file? Where are you getting this pdf file from?
Nissan Service Manuals

how to determine the positive/negative speaker terminals using a AA battery:
http://www.techguys.ca/howto/speaker.html
#14 Old 02-13-2010, 11:24 PM

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAMNRIDE View Post
...you might start with the year, model, and answering the simple question of bose or no bose. that way when a guy like me gets on, I can go to a website and get them for you without having to research your car. it makes it much easier.

if you have an aftermarket deck, which i assume you do because of the colors you described, the wires you see are not factory, therefore, they wont usually match factory color. It would be nice of the factories to match the aftermarket universal colors, but that would be too easy, and consequently make installing easier vs. deter people from trying it, thus more people take it to the dealership.

so,

year and model? bose or no bose?

To start off with slamn,,,,it is NOT Bose. I have stated that many times in other posts that I've put on the forum. Many have kept up with those. Actually, a few lines down from this thread is one showing my Pioneer head unit install.

Our Altima is a 2010 - 2.5 base model that came with NO head unit at all, but it was pre-wired with the front door and front dash speakers. I am swapping the factory 6.5's with new ones and putting 6x9's in back dash.

As for the wires I see, they ARE factory wires. Matter of fact they are hooked up to the factory speakers in the doors. I am NOT talking about the head unit or in the dash or the factory harness or adapter harness. I already installed the head unit. I am speaking about the speaker wires that plug into the speakers at the door and at the back dash for the 6x9's.

Hope this clears it up, and thanks for any help you can give.
#15 Old 02-13-2010, 11:33 PM

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by phreekee25 View Post
Nissan Service Manuals

how to determine the positive/negative speaker terminals using a AA battery:
www.TechGuys.ca | How to: Determine speaker polairity
Thanks phreekee,,,, I actually spoke to a friend of mine that works at a shop, and he checked with one of his installers. They gave me the same method with the battery test. We used one of the factory speakers that we removed, and tested all the factory plugs on it to get the polarity of all wires in question. Worked like a charm. By the way, if I used the car battery, would that be a bad thing?....j/k we used a small one.....hehe

Thanks.......

DMAN
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum > Nissanclub.com Technical and Specific Interest Nissan Discussion > Car Audio / Multimedia / iCE

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

<

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode